WWE TV Thread: NINE finishers later... Cena kicks out!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Re: WWE TV Thread: NINE finishers later... Cena kicks out! 

Post#41 » by Sebastian » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:37 pm

By the way, you guys are making it way too hard for me to avoid the SD spoilers. So. Tempting. I think I'll have to avoid this thread until Saturday.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,857

Post#42 » by Stanford » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:05 pm

Sebastian wrote:I was about to say that Punk blurred the line between shoot and worked shoot so well that Billy Graham couldn't tell the difference.

Well that's sad. Graham was an actual wrestler. I knew what was going on, and I don't have a clue.

Something needs to be done about his promos, though. Whether it was his idea or creatives to have him huff and puff and make silly metaphors about eating in an effort to be intense, it needs to evolve into something better quickly. The guy is gonna have to talk if he's going to be a main eventer with a possible WHC match at Mania.

Is there really a huge clamoring for Ryback promos? He's been successful so far without them.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#43 » by kdawg32086 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:58 pm

His promos are terrible. At this point, I think he needs a manager to do the talking for him...they should limit him to only saying "Feed Me More" and "Finish Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!"
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Banco
Junior
And1: 36

Post#44 » by Banco » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:26 am

kdawg32086 wrote:His promos are terrible. At this point, I think he needs a manager to do the talking for him...they should limit him to only saying "Feed Me More" and "Finish Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!"

You forgot "Stupid!" and "I hit hard!"
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#45 » by Sebastian » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 am

Stanford wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I was about to say that Punk blurred the line between shoot and worked shoot so well that Billy Graham couldn't tell the difference.

Well that's sad. Graham was an actual wrestler. I knew what was going on, and I don't have a clue.

Yeah, it's kind of sad. They were comments during a scripted television program, not an out of character interview on Howard Stern or something. Hard to believe that he took it like a personal attack. He is pretty sick with his liver condition and probably on a lot of meds -- I'll give him a pass for probably not thinking clearly.

Something needs to be done about his promos, though. Whether it was his idea or creatives to have him huff and puff and make silly metaphors about eating in an effort to be intense, it needs to evolve into something better quickly. The guy is gonna have to talk if he's going to be a main eventer with a possible WHC match at Mania.

Is there really a huge clamoring for Ryback promos? He's been successful so far without them.

I was speaking more towards the future. You can probably count the number of guys who have had sustained main event success without talking on one hand. His promos as Skip Sheffield sucked and his promos as Ryback have sucked. You need to eventually engage the crowd and move a feud along in more than just a caveman way.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#46 » by jr lucosa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:13 am

Banco wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:His promos are terrible. At this point, I think he needs a manager to do the talking for him...they should limit him to only saying "Feed Me More" and "Finish Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!"

Stupid! Is my favorite. It's the only one that doesn't ever become annoying to me.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#47 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 pm

jr lucosa wrote:
Banco wrote:

Stupid! Is my favorite. It's the only one that doesn't ever become annoying to me.

I like "Stupid!" too. It's the only one that really makes sense in the flow of a match. He always says it after his opponent tries and fails to hurt him. I don't need to be told that the giant monster of a man that looks like more like a comic book superhero than a real person actually hits hard. I already assume as much.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,857

Post#48 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

On Friday's SmackDown, AJ Lee will team up with Dolph Ziggler in a mixed tag match against Natalya and the Great Khali. AJ Lee is teasing on Twitter that fans should tune in to see a possible wardrobe malfunction:

"If you need two words that aren't 'The Rock' to convince you to watch Smackdown this week, here they are: wardrobe malfunction."

Hope she's talking about Dolph! Beefcake.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by jr lucosa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Stanford wrote:
On Friday's SmackDown, AJ Lee will team up with Dolph Ziggler in a mixed tag match against Natalya and the Great Khali. AJ Lee is teasing on Twitter that fans should tune in to see a possible wardrobe malfunction:

"If you need two words that aren't 'The Rock' to convince you to watch Smackdown this week, here they are: wardrobe malfunction."

Yeah, Zigglers man-junk or bust imo.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by jr lucosa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
I like "Stupid!" too. It's the only one that really makes sense in the flow of a match. He always says it after his opponent tries and fails to hurt him. I don't need to be told that the giant monster of a man that looks like more like a comic book superhero than a real person actually hits hard. I already assume as much.

Yep, it works. "Mental Machine" on the other hand......
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#51 » by Celtsfan1980 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Main Event is the only WWE show I get to watch on my TV, but the reception was terrible yesterday. What I like best is they give the matches a lot of time. They have a very talented roster right now, so I hope their better wrestlers are given time to shine.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#52 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:35 am

jr lucosa wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Yeah, Zigglers man-junk or bust imo.

If I don't see Zigglers hog before he retires I consider him a bust.
Banco
Junior
And1: 36

Post#53 » by Banco » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 am

Tyson Kidd out for 10-12 months with a fractured knee and torn ACL. Sucks for Kidd as he might have got a little push off of Punk mentioning him in his last promo.
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#54 » by Vandal Savage » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 am

I guess he's not winning the rumble.
Throwback24 wrote:I want to see Andrea Bargnani naked
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by jr lucosa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:31 am

Thats rough for Tyson Kidd. I'll miss seeing him compete on Superstars, maybe he can do more than just that when he returns.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#56 » by pduh01 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:37 am

Bad break for Tyson Kidd I was hoping finally that he and Justin get a push at least in the tag team division.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#57 » by Shemy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 am

Stanford wrote:
Lawl, made you highlight.

:lol: :lol:

Ive completely soured on the rock since his "comeback" with the exception of a few promos last year thought Cena out-shined him a majority of the time during their feud, I can only imagine what Punk is going to do, Rock is doing what Cena has been critiqued for doing his whole career...Dwayne (Lawl) seems to busy trying to promote new catch phrases, and kissing the WWE universes ass, after he beat Cena I was hoping wed no longer see him and we see the return of SCSA, now that wouldve been something

his return also kinda fvks over Ryback, wth is he going to do until WM no way do I see him keeping his momentum if hes out of the title picture until WM
"They scared now"
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,346

Post#58 » by ChicagoStrong » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Who's idea was it to let Big E talk?

He is terrible.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#60 » by blazza18 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:17 am

So I might have to watch smackdown today to see what went down then.

Very cool.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Pro Wrestling