TNA Thread II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1121 » by tugs » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:24 am

Might as well merge this one with the GFW thread while this invasion angle thing is going on.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: TNA Thread 2 

Post#1122 » by WRau1 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:26 pm

Spoiler:
So, Matt Hardy is apparently the new TNA champion.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1123 » by tugs » Thu Oct 8, 2015 8:02 am

I know y'all are hype about NXT but what's your take on this Hardy-EC3 storyline? Injunction? Vacating the title?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1124 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 8, 2015 3:13 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Spoiler:
So, Matt Hardy is apparently the new TNA champion.

Billy Corgan - channeling Baron Von Raschke - will use the dreaded claw hold to win the TNA world title.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1125 » by WRau1 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 7:59 pm

TNA is a dumpster fire as far as storylines go. In ring product is probably just below NXT.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
TaxiDriver
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#1126 » by TaxiDriver » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:57 pm

This injunction storyline is a weird thing to run straight after your biggest show where the new champ is a first time champ. Maybe do it at a slower time, with a guy who has already had the belt. I don't hate the storyline, it's something new at least. But the timing is off.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1127 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 6, 2016 9:26 pm

I got to watch TNA for the first time in more than a year - on their new network - POP. Seems like they have basically the same cast of characters. I did like the championship match - though it came across as minor league calibre, imo. Matt Hardy's wife is quite shapely.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1128 » by WRau1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Congrats to new TNA champion, Drew McIntyre. Sorry if I spoiled it but that's what you get for not watching TNA.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#1129 » by Latrell » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:32 pm

TNA still exists?
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1130 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:45 pm

WRau1 wrote:Congrats to new TNA champion, Drew McIntyre. Sorry if I spoiled it but that's what you get for watching TNA.

I haven't watched it myself but from what Meltzer has said online TNA has been putting on the best wrestling show on TV recently.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1131 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:48 pm

From the few times I have watched it, I'd say it's about time Drew got the title. He's really good.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1132 » by Spens1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 pm

wait what? wasn't hardy in a feud with ECIII?

anyway congrats to Drew Galloway, he is an amazing talent and deserves the title
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1133 » by WRau1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:10 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Congrats to new TNA champion, Drew McIntyre. Sorry if I spoiled it but that's what you get for watching TNA.

I haven't watched it myself but from what Meltzer has said online TNA has been putting on the best wrestling show on TV recently.

Yup, I messed up my original post. Was supposed to say "thats what you get for not watching TNA".
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1134 » by WRau1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:13 am

Spens1 wrote:wait what? wasn't hardy in a feud with ECIII?

anyway congrats to Drew Galloway, he is an amazing talent and deserves the title

Drew had the Feast or Famine (Money in the Bank) briefcase and cashed it in on Hardy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1135 » by Spens1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:04 am

WRau1 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:wait what? wasn't hardy in a feud with ECIII?

Drew had the Feast or Famine (Money in the Bank) briefcase and cashed it in on Hardy.

ahh right, that he did. Didn't expect him to cash in so soon though.

Does that mean Galloway goes into this feud.

Heel (Hardy) vs Tweener? (EC3) vs Face (Galloway). that will be interesting
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1136 » by Marcus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Is it fair to say that WWE dropped the ball on Derrick Bateman a.k.a EC3 or is the current pond he's swimming in fitting for what he brings to the table?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1137 » by Spens1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:33 am

Marcus wrote:Is it fair to say that WWE dropped the ball on Derrick Bateman a.k.a EC3 or is the current pond he's swimming in fitting for what he brings to the table?

dropped the ball. that would be a huge understatement, he left WWE as a relative nobody and basically become on of the biggest names outside the WWE (including ROH and New Japan outside obviously Tana, Okada & Lethal), he's the best TNA has to offer. Guy has one of the best promo games right now in the industry and he ain't terrible in the ring either. Basically if WWE had this version of Derrick Bateman (he has improved a lot since he left) he could be one of the better guys if they booked him right.

For all intents and purposes he is the franchise of TNA right now. He is their Cena and they built him by themselves. Had him as a mega heel for a long time and only turned him face recently and what a turn that was (i wasn't sure, just given the fact that he was so damn good as a heel) and so far, its been really good.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1138 » by Spens1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:39 am

on the whole EC3 thing. Honestly i hope Rockstar Spud gets a push up the roster again.

Firstly, winning the title of Trevor Lee, Trevor Lee is awesome but please no more Lee vs Uno matches i beg of you TNA (plus i really don't rate Uno at all, there are so many better luchadors they could have gotten, why did they get him, sorry he's a botch machine, not Mistico in WWE bad but bad enough). then make that title good, maybe have him eventually cash in option C and win the title of EC3 down the line (yes, sounds stupid i know, but he would win very dirty, maybe even corrupt ref) and revive the rivalry.

Would seem like a waste since we got that continuation of that story
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1139 » by WRau1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:46 am

EC3 is the real deal.

Roode and Young are now officially free agents. I would love to see both these guys end up in the WWE.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1140 » by Spens1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:24 am

that is a huge loss for TNA

especially Roode who is by all accounts one of their best. Even losing EY who has been an integral part of TNA since the start.

I'm hoping Roode goes to New Japan actually and EY to ROH and become a top guy there. I think Roode could be the top Gaijin over there and EY gives ROH some much needed starpower in the main event which has been severely lacking (they desperately need some names who can challenge Lethal outside of Roderick Strong, especially with O'Reily and Cole's bloody feud going on), with WWE they'd get lost in the shuffle and in their late 30's i really don't trust Vince to book either of them right (they can't book their own talent properly and have more talent than they know what to do with). Even with NXT their are so many superstars right now there. Balor, Joe, Nakamura, Zayn (though he's going up), Corbin (he'll go up soonish), Crews with Itami returning sometime during the year and he'll go back to the top of the card, possibly occupying the main feud. Plus big names are going to be coming into NXT like La Sombra for the singles scene, not sure where they'll have space for Roode or EY in that, especially if some talent land up going back down to NXT (which lets be honest, could see some of the former NXT guys who are getting destroyed on the main roster *cough*breeze*cough*).

As for TNA, one, they lost their best tag team in Beer Money and the only other interesting team outside of the Decay right now (i want nothing to do with the wolves, honestly they might be the most boring tag team in the world, they're great in the ring but so damn bland) so TNA might want to bring in a new tag team, thats one. Two, what the hell are they going to do with James Storm, they just signed him to a massive contract, and honestly have of the charm with him is Roode, i mean the Revolution was good but it lost its momentum along its way. Three they're going to need more upper mid card-main event talent (possibly two to replace EY). Matt Hardy has been a fantastic heel, i mean its like his ROH heel run, but they're going to need more top tier talent, Lashley could be brought back into the main event, so thats Lashley, EC3, Galloway and Hardy as main eventers. Now their's obviously Bram as an upper mid carder and Jeff Hardy who will return in a main event but they seem light.

Not to mention the existing issues with the X division. Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, DJ Z (who needs to be repackaged back to Zema Ion, treat him seriously please) and Tigre Uno. Who else does that division have, they signed Shynron, feature him more, sign 3 more high flyers, hell, sign Mistico, at least that adds some big name prestige to the division. Too much WCW in the current division (think WCW cruserweights who where overlooked despite being one of the best things on the card) and not enough TNA (the x division at one stage was the best thing about TNA).

Return to Pro Wrestling