Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: TNA Thread 2 

Post#1001 » by Marcus » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 am

TheGameChanger wrote:
Marcus wrote:really enjoying this Lashley MVP Kenny King trio in TNA

I'm a fan of Lashley with MVP. Lashley with MVP as his Manager is Perfect.

Ideal. Lash sucks on the mic and MVP is so good at selling pluses and minuses when he speaks. Its an ideal combo. I'm hoping Kenny King gets a chance to shine in this thing somewhere because he has all the tools.

my favorite line during this run was when MVP was responding to a fan in the audience after Lashley destroyed EY in the ring

"I don't have to be tough, he's tough"
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#1002 » by SDM » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 pm

Marcus wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I think the WWE could do real well with Aries. He's so good in every facet, that he can overcome the size issue. But yeah - the WWE renamed Daniel Brian and made him go through all kinds of hoops, so they'd probably do the same with Aries.

i have no doubt that Aries would be masterful on that main stage in the WWE just not so sure they'd use him there. I think they filled their quota for smallish wrestlers that pose a legit threat for the title in DB. An honestly unless he's out for good i don't see them plugging someone else in that slot and even thats IF they catch lighting in the bottle again and Aries can conjure the same wave and reception DB was able to.

Besides that I think they'd send him to NXT for a while until they figured out what to do with him. I could be really really wrong here but I just can't see Aries doing that at his age especially with some of the other opportunites that exist for him with the indys and wrestling overseas.

I would think that since AJ Styles didn't come over, they won't bother looking at the guys that profile similarly-- Roode and Aries, especially.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#1003 » by SDM » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

OH.

I'd have to think they'd consider EY for some role because he does the Animal Planet show.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#1004 » by jr lucosa » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Yeah the lack of interest in 36 year old free agent AJ Styles earlier this year by the WWE makes it hard for me to imagine them being all that interested in 36 year old Austin Aries or any of those older guys who don't have WWE experience.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#1005 » by Max Green » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:Didn't AA tryout for WWE before?

He tried out for Stone Cold's Tough Enough a few years ago.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1006 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:16 pm

jr lucosa wrote:Yeah the lack of interest in 36 year old free agent AJ Styles earlier this year by the WWE makes it hard for me to imagine them being all that interested in 36 year old Austin Aries or any of those older guys who don't have WWE experience.

You''re probably right, but I'm wondering if the folks up East at WWE had something against AJ's strong accent. It wouldn't surprise me if they're snobbish about the white trash sound (I think the Hardys were the exception.). Also, as great as AJ is, I think Aries is the better talker (regardless of accent) and could fit in better in WWE because of his talking style. He's closer to the CM Punk mold than the AJ Styles mold.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1007 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 am

Max Green wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:Didn't AA tryout for WWE before?

He tried out for Stone Cold's Tough Enough a few years ago.

That would have been fun.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#1008 » by jr lucosa » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:57 am

Ruzious wrote: Also, as great as AJ is, I think Aries is the better talker (regardless of accent) and could fit in better in WWE because of his talking style. He's closer to the CM Punk mold than the AJ Styles mold.

I do agree and maybe something like that would be the difference between them being interested or not. For any of the older TNA original types to have a chance the higher ups in WWE would have to think that they could get through developmental pretty fast, because I don't think they'd want guys at that age taking up time and space in NXT for a year+. I personally would love to see Aries in the WWE, he's always been one of my favorites in TNA.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1009 » by skbucks1985 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:42 am

It would've been pretty funny if Aries was on Tough Enough, he's a more complete performer than 90% of the guys on the WWE main roster and putting him on a show with a bunch of people that don't even have WWE developmental-level readiness would've been hysterical.

They may have there issues with AJ like the accent or his mic ability but I think its almost inarguable that its primarily the age. I find it incredibly unlikely that if AJ was 27 instead of 37, WWE would've given him a shot, he's too talented for them not to. And after seeing The Shield documentary and the stuff about Seth Rollins, I don't think they're too keen on dealing with the same situation except a decade older.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#1010 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 am

I can never remember that the show moved to Wed now.

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1011 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:18 am

just getting around to watching Slammiversary. Manik should be fired and promptly arrested for homicide for what he did to Davey Richards on that ladder.

the whole show was actually pretty good. even the matches i thought i would absolutely hate weren't that bad. I think King v Aries was good. the cage match was also good. but i can see why they took the belt off EY shortly after. Crowd wanted Aries to win so bad. Love what they're doing with EC3 and i think the "All American Hardcore Icon" is golden. Dude is very very good out there. don't wanna say WWE lost gold but TNA definitely found some.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,862

Post#1012 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:37 pm

This Russo vs Spike feud is hilarious. Neither party has any clue how ridiculous they look. That's excusable for Russo, a proven cad, but the other dude is an executive at a moderately popular television network!
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#1013 » by Waylon Mercy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I have to say I've really enjoyed TNA more than ever this summer mainly because all the shows
have been from the Hammerstein Ballroom. I also really like this James Storm/Sonnata storyline
and I like guys like Bram and Samuel Shaw. Also cool to see some old ECW wrestlers like Rhyno,
Dreamer and Tajiri again.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#1014 » by TheGameChanger » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 am

If Zack Ryder ends up getting Released by WWE. He would be perfect with The Bro Man's
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#1015 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:51 am

They would pick Ryder up in a second.

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1016 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 pm

soooooooooooooooo Brodus Clay huh?
Watch More Basketball

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#1017 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Somebody Call His Mama!

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1018 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Clay's best role has always been the enforcer/body guard imo, I think he'll be fantastic with EC3.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1019 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 pm

WRau1 wrote:Clay's best role has always been the enforcer/body guard imo, I think he'll be fantastic with EC3.

i think it works for him better that way too. never liked the dancing gimmick and thought monster heel with short burst offense was best for him. With a mouthpiece like EC3 doing the heavy lifting for him he should excel in that role over there.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1020 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:Somebody Call His Mama!

well played sir
Watch More Basketball

Return to Pro Wrestling