WWE Network Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Re: WWE Network Thread 

Post#601 » by jr lucosa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:31 am

I've never read that Lisa story before either, that's nuts.

whysoserious wrote:I still remember Bret and Bulldog closing out SS with an IC title match and it was an absolute classic.

Absolutely. Not old enough to remember it live but I have the match on DVD, it's great!
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#602 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Anyone else find Legends' House unbearably depressing?
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#603 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Just noticed the network has added a sh*tload of raws from the attitude era
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#604 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm

studcrackers wrote:Just noticed the network has added a sh*tload of raws from the attitude era

Yep. That was some of the "new programming" they promoted after Mania. I watched the DX Invasion episode last week. History isn't kind to those bits. They're cool when chopped up and edited together for highlight packages but watching the full segments, it's almost painful to hear Triple H just kinda winging it on that megaphone. Seemed like he really had no idea what to say most of the time.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#605 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 pm

face hhh is the worst, he's always at his worst trying to be the coolest guy in the room (which he often tried to portray)

id be more interested in going back and looking at the rock's rise in the nation
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#606 » by Marcus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:57 pm

studcrackers wrote:
id be more interested in going back and looking at the rock's rise in the nation

loved when he gave Faarooq that portrait
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
travisjordan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#607 » by travisjordan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:19 pm

I've been watching WrestleMania 17 over the course of a few days. What a great show, I can see why it was named the best PPV in WWE history. The video package for the Rock/Austin match was simply incredible and really played up the "big match" feel IMO.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#608 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 pm

travisjordan wrote:I've been watching WrestleMania 17 over the course of a few days. What a great show, I can see why it was named the best PPV in WWE history. The video package for the Rock/Austin match was simply incredible and really played up the "big match" feel IMO.

when you make a limp bizkit video seem awesome, you know you've done a great job
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#609 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:Just noticed the network has added a sh*tload of raws from the attitude era

Yep. That was some of the "new programming" they promoted after Mania. I watched the DX Invasion episode last week. History isn't kind to those bits. They're cool when chopped up and edited together for highlight packages but watching the full segments, it's almost painful to hear Triple H just kinda winging it on that megaphone. Seemed like he really had no idea what to say most of the time.

im pretty sure they did a segment or 2 the next couple weeks tryin to go to the cnn building and what not that i watched once and it's just so lame
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#610 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm

studcrackers wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:

im pretty sure they did a segment or 2 the next couple weeks tryin to go to the cnn building and what not that i watched once and it's just so lame

I think that segment and that whole invading WCW thing and how its viewed is one of those instances that illustrates the old saying that history is written by the victors. If WCW had won the Monday Night War, I think the perception of that segment and how it would be discussed in DVD's is that it was a silly publicity stunt by a company that knew they were getting there asses kicked.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#611 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Watched that new show they put up last night with Jerry Springer. It's very unnecessary programming. Literally nothing more than another countdown type show about stuff that happened during the Attitude Era, just without actual numbered lists. All of the shows are getting very redundant of each other.

The only 2 shows that seem like original ideas (also with original content) are the Unfiltered show with Renee that starts tonight, and the Culture Shock show hosted by Corey Graves.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#612 » by edfmx86 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:09 am

Unfiltered with Renee Young was awesome. Ended up watching it after KotR and my only complaint was how short it was.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#613 » by SDM » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Not interested at all in the new original shows. They all sound pointless.

Why aren't they doing commentary tracks? They'll cost next to nothing to produce and will encourage those who burned through prior events when they got the Network to go back and watch them again. Is it out of pettiness because Stone Cold was the first to discover that fans actually want it and since it's not WWE's idea it should be crapped on? These old timers aren't going to be around forever and kayfabe is 100% dead... so what's the holdup? It can't be just server space.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#614 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Stone cold wasn't the 1st to do it. I know Mick Foley did some commentary on a couple matches on his DVD
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#615 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:05 pm

I saw the Renee Young show, it was less than 7 minutes, and it was decent. It is such a blatant ripoff of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee. Even the way its shot is the same
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#616 » by iMoreland » Wed May 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Anyone else use an Android device to watch the Network? The best quality I can ever get is 480p (guessing). For live events and past shows. Pretty irritating
TaxiDriver
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#617 » by TaxiDriver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:46 pm

New Rock n Wrestling uploads are up.
TaxiDriver
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#618 » by TaxiDriver » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:06 pm

I really wish they would upload new SNME and Prime Time episodes from the early 90's.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#619 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:44 pm

TaxiDriver wrote:I really wish they would upload new SNME and Prime Time episodes from the early 90's.

I wish they would upload new (old) episodes of Nitro, but apparently they aren't worried about adding them because the ones that are up haven't gotten many views, according to their ratings.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#620 » by studcrackers » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:16 am

was watching one of rey mysterio's specials on there where it's him and matt striker chronicling a lot of his career. there's something about matt striker that i can't stand, just hearing him speak annoys the sh*t outta me

Return to Pro Wrestling