Greatest Face And Heel Of All Time.

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Re: Greatest Face And Heel Of All Time. 

Post#21 » by jade_hippo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:40 am

I like heels who stayed heels for long runs, was Ted ever a face after he became the Million Dollar Man? Thats got to amount for something. I want to toss out the Freebirds because in some places those guys were so hated they had to be snuck in and out of the arena because fans wanted to beat them up.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#22 » by studcrackers » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:27 am

whysoserious wrote:Let me say that Hogans heel turn was probably the single greatest turn ever ( despite Heenan kind of screwing up the call ) but i dont see him as a great heel. He was good for a brief period but it got stale after a while to because WCW screwed up the exit strategy from the NWO angle. I get why people think of him in that category but a lot of it was the NWO angle and the outsiders as well. Just my two cents on Hogan as a heel.

man i watched that a few nights ago after only having seen it in passing w/o every paying attention to the heenan call, and finding out years later how pissed everyone was at him for saying that (rightfully so) but god damn was it amazing

also tony schiavone's call of "Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell! We're outta here. Straight to hell." is hilarious
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#23 » by Wo1verine » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:53 am

Face: Image

Heel: Image
BrunoSkull
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#24 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Face: Hogan, Warrior (He was REALLY over in that 89-91 period), Cena (for younger audience), Bret Hart.
Heel: Million Dollar Man, Jake The Snake Roberts (1991-92), Sgt Slaughter had a TON of heat in 1991. I thought Jericho was always an underrated heel.

I agree that Rock, Austin, Taker, etc are tough guys to put in either category. Even Macho Man was good as both.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#25 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:56 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAqainO76Q[/youtube]
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#26 » by whysoserious » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:59 pm

studcrackers wrote:
whysoserious wrote:Let me say that Hogans heel turn was probably the single greatest turn ever ( despite Heenan kind of screwing up the call ) but i dont see him as a great heel. He was good for a brief period but it got stale after a while to because WCW screwed up the exit strategy from the NWO angle. I get why people think of him in that category but a lot of it was the NWO angle and the outsiders as well. Just my two cents on Hogan as a heel.

man i watched that a few nights ago after only having seen it in passing w/o every paying attention to the heenan call, and finding out years later how pissed everyone was at him for saying that (rightfully so) but god damn was it amazing

also tony schiavone's call of "Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell! We're outta here. Straight to hell." is hilarious

They sold that thing beautifully. Even with Heenan's misstep it is still an awesome moment and it didn't hurt them overall. It was the perfect storm, it's just sad the effed up the exit strategy from the NWO angle and added too many guys to it. They never even needed Bischoff to turn and join that group, DiBiase was a great mouthpiece but they didn't even really need him long-term. They need at most 4 maybe 5 guys.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#27 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 pm

studcrackers wrote:

I never thought Heenan really made a mistake. He was always against Hogan for years so it always seemed normal to me.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#28 » by whysoserious » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Marcus wrote:
studcrackers wrote:

I never thought Heenan really made a mistake. He was always against Hogan for years so it always seemed normal to me.

It wasn't that big of a deal, especially to most fans. But for those that followed closely, it did take a little away from Hogan dropping the leg on (I believe it was) Savage. It was a big deal in WCW, or was made to be in that moment. But it didn't end up hurting the segment and Hogan still delivered one heck of a heel promo following it up.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#29 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:50 pm

I always thought Edge was an amazing heel
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by studcrackers » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

he got some nuclear heat when the hardy/edge saga played out
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#31 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:07 pm

studcrackers wrote:he got some nuclear heat when the hardy/edge saga played out

I remember really being into that storyline and then it lead to a terribly booked match at I believe SummerSlam 2005 where like Hardy got DQ'd or Counted Out. It had a huge build but the pay-off was disappointing imo.
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#32 » by suntzuballin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:55 pm

face:1-2-3 kid
heel:syxx
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,472

Post#33 » by Cyrus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:27 am

I lean towards the 80's wrestlers:

Thought Jake the snake heel turn was amazing, just the psychological games he played.

Heel: Jake the Snake, and Ravishing Rick Rude. Both truly under-rated. Is Rick Rude in the hall yet?
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#34 » by pduh01 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:08 am

[quote="Cyrus"
Is Rick Rude in the hall yet?[/quote]

Nope not yet.

But Jake is going to be in the Hall this year.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#35 » by kblo247 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:32 am

Face
Wrestling in general - Hogan
WWF - Austin

Hell
Wrestling in general - Flair
WWE - Triple H
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#36 » by tugs » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:18 am

regarding JBL, yeah he was a perfect fit as a heel and I despised him so much. I always thougt, "How can a man with a big belly be this good?!" :lol:

he had great storylines with Eddie (RIP), Rey, and Cena. and his stable suits his gimmick very well.

aside from the obvious picks, I'd probably wanted some of these wrestlers to have longer heel moments/or turned:

-JoMo
-RTruth
-Kofi (Randy feud)
-Justin Gabriel (looks bad ass back in Nexus)

I'd also mention Y2J.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by studcrackers » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 am

r-truth turned heel right as i started watching on a consistent basis again and i legitimately enjoyed him as heel truth. the entrance was badass and some of the promos he had were f*cking gold.

the opening promo to capital punishment 2011 is phenomenal
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#38 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:29 pm

studcrackers wrote:r-truth turned heel right as i started watching on a consistent basis again and i legitimately enjoyed him as heel truth. the entrance was badass and some of the promos he had were f*cking gold.

the opening promo to capital punishment 2011 is phenomenal

Heel R-Truth is the only Truth i've ever been able to stand and actually thoroughly enjoyed. they really needed to keep going with that.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#39 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 pm

I remember when he came out dressed like a confederate general, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a wrestling ring.
juice4080
Sixth Man
And1: 513

Post#40 » by juice4080 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Jake The Snake heel run in 91-92 was the best f*****g thing i ever watched......wrestling will never be this good and believable again

Return to Pro Wrestling