CM Punk'd Us

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

CM Punk'd Us 

Post#1 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Perhaps severely wishful thinking on my part but hear me out nonetheless.

By all accounts and facts shown CM Punk has left the building. WWE is in his rearview and nothing is being worked out to make that situation any different. But I ask you this.

When was the last time fans were genuinely surprised by an angle (outside of NXT)? Like old school, no dirt sheets to ruin it, nobody saw this coming surprised? During wrestling booming era we had Hogan's NWO turn as the most shocking event in the sports history and in noway am I saying that a CM Punk return and turn will spark that same type of result. I'm speaking more to that old school nobody really knows what suprises will occur feel.

The dirt sheets are clueless, Punk's not talking, WWE doesn't know anything, Punk's name and images are being pulled and downplayed on WWE products, HHH taking shots on national TV, they gave his storyline to Daniel Bryan and now its damn near the biggest match at the biggest event in the company, all indications that he's longggggg gone. Can you feel the swerve folks?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: CM Punk'd Us 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Cause the internet we typically know what's happening before is happens. Why not swerve us and take that power away. Who better to do it with than Punk? What better time to do it at than now?

Truth be told, after Punk's 400+ day title reign he would have to grow stale its unavoidable in the modern era of just one major company. You have a reign that long you got nowhere to go but down. Punk was stale, big matches? sure. Decent storylines? yeah. Putting over up and coming talent. Giving us some dream matches. Being a company man. All he needed to do. But still downward. Promos didn't have the same fire. In ring work wasn't his best. Everytime he was on screen he looked like he was over it like it was time to take a break, maybe walk away. Batista's back? DB got screwed over? Punk's gone.

Far-fetched?

Some of the greatest mind in the business are in that company behind the scenes, Hunter has done a great job with NXT and the main show programming i think. The long buildups have been good. pretty good payoffs. Very old school feel. Heyman crafted a great storyline with Sandman and Tommy Dreamer way back when ECW mattered. Sandman played it wonderfully OFF CAMERA and nobody saw his return coming when it happened.

Punk's gone not to return so it seems. If Brock, Batista, Jericho, The Rock, RVD, hell even Hogan can not be around for how ever long and return to the same type of love and adoration there's nothing to say Punk can't especially if its a swerve, especially if its a storyline and especially if he's dropped back in at the perfect time.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Re: CM Punk'd Us 

Post#3 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:01 pm

There's a thread about the Daniel Bryan story being the plan from the start since Summerslam and I was and am extremely dismissive of that idea. I'm less dismissive of the idea that this is a work. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is the case but there's less evidence that is the case than there is with Bryan's story.

But I don't think a lack of evidence is itself evidence. In that Bryan thread Cammo101 made the analogy that its like reading things into a book you want to be true and saying that was the author's intent all along. With Bryan's story I can point to several things that cast significant doubt on the theory that the whole story line has been planned out since the beginning. And while those things aren't necessarily present with the Punk story, its still the same in that you're reading things into this story because you want it to be the case when there is a simpler explanation that makes much more sense.

Return to Pro Wrestling