Thoughts On Roman Reigns

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Thoughts On Roman Reigns 

Post#21 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 pm

whysoserious wrote:a strong foundation for them to go their ways and reunite at different times.

i'd be all for that

whysoserious wrote:find a way to get Punk back for a Punk/DB ironman match.

also yes.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#22 » by SDM » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:25 pm

If Cena's not going to be the corporate champ Triple H pits against Bryan in his quest, it absolutely 100% should be Punk. Who knows how possible it is, however easy it is to write a Bryan RR win facing a champ Punk at WM. With Taker possibly facing Sting, there's no way they'd put it on last... sooooo Bryan gets his WM moment, Punk headlines it, done deal.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#23 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm

SDM wrote:If Cena's not going to be the corporate champ Triple H pits against Bryan in his quest, it absolutely 100% should be Punk. Who knows how possible it is, however easy it is to write a Bryan RR win facing a champ Punk at WM. With Taker possibly facing Sting, there's no way they'd put it on last... sooooo Bryan gets his WM moment, Punk headlines it, done deal.

I gotta hold on to my CM Punk'd us theory
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#24 » by CapeCrusader » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Not really afraid for his future. But there's guys like (Big E, Caesero etc.) that are always in line for pushes just like Reigns. So I would ride The Shield as far as they can go before having a split.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#25 » by whysoserious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:41 pm

CapeCrusader wrote:Not really afraid for his future. But there's guys like (Big E, Caesero etc.) that are always in line for pushes just like Reigns. So I would ride The Shield as far as they can go before having a split.

This is another excellent point. Though I disagree with Big E being a guy ready for that spot.

Cesaro, Rhodes are my two key candidates that would be built up over the next 6 months in to the title picture through feuds with DB, Orton, Cena, Batista (ugh that he's even considered a main eventer).

Ziggler to me is the next in line for a big push and if they do this angle with him and Miz, add Kofi as sort of the disgruntled guys that band together there's plenty of ways to work them up.

I think Punk is done but never say never. I could see DB getting the better of HHH all the way to Survivor Series hanging on to the title and beating everyone HHH puts in front of him. Finally HHH gives in and hires someone he thought he'd never bring over to the Corporate side. Introduce him by launching a new series of Ice Cream bars and Punk can cut one hell of a promo saying he's doing what's best for himself, that just also happens to be what's best for business and I'm taking the title off you and headlining WM. DB wins the Rumble, DB beats Punk in some screwy finish and you're set up for an Iron Man Match at WM.
Starkiller
Assistant Coach
And1: 269

Post#26 » by Starkiller » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:45 pm

You know what I like best about The Shield? Is that at different points all three different memebers have emerged looking like a star. When they debuted, it looked like Ambrose was the break away member. Then around Rumble time Reign's looked like a star. Now Seth is stealing the show and taking the lead night after night. They are all built so perfectly and it really seems like all of them will be main eventers one day.
This ^
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#27 » by studcrackers » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:50 pm

They're not gonna do an iron man match at mania
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#28 » by whysoserious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:55 pm

studcrackers wrote:They're not gonna do an iron man match at mania

I know you're probably right and it's way more wishful thinking on my part. But it's more what I would do because you actually have two workers that can pull it off. Not everyone can do 60 minutes so when you have guys that can, it's like you have to captialize.

But you're right that the likelihood is almost nil that it happens. Heck it's even low that Punk/DB headlines Mania at all.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#29 » by studcrackers » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:48 am

eh, i wouldnt hate seeing it as one of their other ppv's, the only reason michaels/bret did one at mania was cause the roster was paper thin and that helped hide some of their deficiencies. this roster doesnt have that problem. and even so, that match drags a lot.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by Marcus » Fri Jun 6, 2014 4:57 pm

with the breakup now upon us. what say the board in regards to near to distance future for Mr. Reigns.
Watch More Basketball

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#31 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Jun 7, 2014 7:13 pm

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#32 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Jun 7, 2014 7:15 pm

Marcus wrote:with the breakup now upon us. what say the board in regards to near to distance future for Mr. Reigns.

I say it's going to be a very Reigny late summer/early fall. :nod:

I think we'll get the Rollins/Orton vs. Ambrose/Reigns match at MITB, with Rollins/Orton coming out on top due to some sort of mixup between Ambrose and Reigns. For a while now, reports have been that we'll have HHH vs. Reigns at Summerslam. At some point before Summerslam, or maybe even at Summerslam, we'll see a complete breakup of The Shield where Ambrose and Reigns split too. Maybe Ambrose accidentally costs Reigns the match. Then at some point after Summerslam we see a triple threat match between Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#33 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:45 pm

I think Reigns shines in the stable setting, but I don't know if he's ready to be on his own. He does well when you can put him in the position to tag in and come in hot, but I don't know if he'll have the same reaction just on his own. And he's a little weak on the mic yet. I think he's a little green but WWE needs to toss somebody in the upper tier cards right now.

I did like the turn though and think if used right that Rollins could become a main event guy.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#34 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:42 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:Botched the shield/Wyatt's feud? Que?

Was totally rushed and was put on a PPV that nobody watched. Should have been a mania match after a slow build, and likely would've been an all time mania match with the extra build.

exactly. The WWE writers, not the wrestlers, botched that whole thing
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
TheKingofSting2
Bench Warmer
And1: 457

Post#35 » by TheKingofSting2 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:43 am

As I said in the WWE TV Thread I think he will fall short at MITB but still be impressive and go on to win the title at WM 31.

Return to Pro Wrestling