Post#1981 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm sure its something to do with the video game
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: WWE TV Thread: 16 Beers for the 16-time Champ WOOOOOO 

Post#1982 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jul 8, 2014 5:49 pm

safi wrote:I'm sure its something to do with the video game

Most likely. Won't stop the IWC from losing their **** though.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#1983 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:09 pm

I realize logic is often the greatest deterrent to random speculation but the location and timing doesn't make any sense for next week. There isn't an ideal location. He's from LA but his connection to that city isn't that strong. Atlanta was the WCW hub but let's be honest the southern wrestling fan that was watching NWA and Crockett and then WCW is probably gone. The best crowd would be the most hardcore crowds: Chicago, NYC, Toronto and especially the post-Mania crowd. But regardless, Norfolk, VA is not that city The timing makes even less sense, a go-home show before a B-PPV.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1984 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:51 pm

safi wrote:I realize logic is often the greatest deterrent to random speculation but the location and timing doesn't make any sense for next week. There isn't an ideal location. He's from LA but his connection to that city isn't that strong. Atlanta was the WCW hub but let's be honest the southern wrestling fan that was watching NWA and Crockett and then WCW is probably gone. The best crowd would be the most hardcore crowds: Chicago, NYC, Toronto and especially the post-Mania crowd. But regardless, Norfolk, VA is not that city The timing makes even less sense, a go-home show before a B-PPV.

I hadn't even looked up where RAW was next Monday but I definitely wouldn't expect Norfolk,VA to be a hotbed for wrestling fans. Does seem like a dumb place to have Sting show up. Has to be either an announcement or them playing the promo for the video game and/or his DVD.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1985 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:57 pm

i dont give a **** what he's doing as long as he's doing it outside of an official WWE ring im good.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1986 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jul 8, 2014 7:02 pm

Marcus wrote:i dont give a **** what he's doing as long as he's doing it outside of an official WWE ring im good.

I tend to have the same sentiment. Until I see proof that he's in CONSIDERABLY better condition than he was last time I saw him, I'd prefer he is nowhere close to performing for WWE.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#1987 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 7:39 pm

I don't think you'll see him in significantly better shape because he's 55 years old. He's in terrible physical condition for a professional wrestler but I think if you went to any gym and among your typical 55 year olds he's going to be at or near the top. I suppose he could but only if he lost a lot of weight, probably 25-30 lb's. That's how Undertaker stays in decent shape because he's a lot smaller than he was 10-15 years ago.

I'm guessing Vince probably wants Sting to wrestle a match. He's really the only North American guy of consequence that never wrestled in WWE in the last 25 years. I think the question is whether or not Sting would be okay with anything other than the spectacle Undertaker match. Just spit balling here, I can imagine Bo Dallas interrupting Sting and talking super condescendingly about how he'll make it some day if he just Bo-lieves. And then at WM they have a short 6 minute match where Sting hits all his signature spots and Bo bumps around for him. That would give him his one WWE match, it would in all likelihood be a much more high profile match than the match Bo Dallas would probably be in in 9 months. The only question is whether or not Sting wants to wrestle badly enough that he'd be content if its a nothing mid-card match.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1988 » by studcrackers » Tue Jul 8, 2014 8:21 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:I don't understand what's so difficult about having two good episodes of RAW in a row. I knew that they wouldn't be able to follow up last week's episode and they sure didn't disappoint.

i had no problem w/this week's raw
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1989 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jul 8, 2014 9:16 pm

studcrackers wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:I don't understand what's so difficult about having two good episodes of RAW in a row. I knew that they wouldn't be able to follow up last week's episode and they sure didn't disappoint.

i had no problem w/this week's raw

I've only watched up until the Orton/Ambrose match started, but everything prior to that was all pretty good or better.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1990 » by WRau1 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't like when Reigns is allowed to talk.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling