WWE Battleground 2014

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Re: WWE Battleground 2014 

Post#81 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 am

whysoserious wrote:
safi wrote:So if Kane is doing Orton's bidding, why don't they just get rid of Cena and Reigns and then Kane takes a dive?

The finger of doom?

Not saying it would be a good finish but at that point in the match it would've been the most logical finish.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#82 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 am

I'm not usually one of those guys that bitches and moans about WWE, but that ppv was absolute garbage. It was a complete throwaway that had not a single moment of replay value.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#83 » by Vandal Savage » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 am

It is not supposed to makes sense. Thats why HHH didnt want Reigns in the MITB ladder match for the title last month, but this time puts him in the title match.
Throwback24 wrote:I want to see Andrea Bargnani naked
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#84 » by studcrackers » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 am

Nice little gay jump by Cena at the end, reminded me of one of dudes from anchorman
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#85 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:02 am

studcrackers wrote:Nice little gay jump by Cena at the end, reminded me of one of dudes from anchorman

He does that frequently, and every time I feel like he's either the corniest dude alive or he's trolling.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#86 » by studcrackers » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 am

Rich Rane wrote:What a rather useless PPV.

I thought it was a pretty good ppv, but I think most knew coming into this, it was gonna result in a lot of rematches at summerslam
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#87 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 am

The two Wyatt matches delivered. Paige and aj was good for a woman's title match

Otherwise weak Ppv.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#88 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:08 am

I thought this was an overall quite good PPV, but a lot of the finishes especially the last 2 were a bit groan-worthy. Miz winning anything is a terrible idea. And Cena was going to win but all this talk about Plan B and Plan C for it to be just a win and then we go off the air was underwhelming.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#89 » by studcrackers » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 am

heatwillbeback wrote:The two Wyatt matches delivered. Paige and aj was good for a woman's title match

Otherwise weak Ppv.

What did ya like about Wyatt/Jericho? I thought it was probably the worst match of the night
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#90 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:29 am

studcrackers wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:The two Wyatt matches delivered. Paige and aj was good for a woman's title match

Otherwise weak Ppv.

What did ya like about Wyatt/Jericho? I thought it was probably the worst match of the night

I thought it was well done. One of the few matches I was genuinely surprised with the outcome of, and Wyatt's facial expressions are priceless. We got some vintage Jericho moves also.

The main event was actually probably a decent match, but knowing Cena was going over because of the leaked posters made that match not as fun.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,572

Post#91 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 am

Still think a huge tournament with the last three matches being on a King Of The Ring PPV would've been better whether for the IC title (yes I know the US title was just decided by a tournament) or the standalone label of King Of The Ring. You get to showcase lower to mid card talent better and the opportunity to give the winner a solid push.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#92 » by MAQ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:49 am

studcrackers wrote:

Otherwise weak Ppv.

It seems as though the announce team agreed with you. There was some long moments of silence followed by Cole trying his best not to laugh through a delivery. Got topped off with Cole saying something to the effect of this match was working at Bray's pace with King immediately chiming in with a "No kidding."
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#93 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:13 am

The tag match was pretty cool but other than that, I wasn't impressed. I would've been pissed if I had ordered it.

I don't know what WWEs plan is with Bray Wyatt, they somehow found a way to ruin all of his momentum and make everyone indifferent towards him. I was also disappointed that the crowd was so dead for the Swagger v Rusev fight, the match wasn't anything special but based on the reactions from Mon/Fri I thought the would've been louder.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#94 » by MAQ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:22 am

So...when Bryan comes back, does Reigns get buried as ****? He's taking Bryan's spot in this silly feud right now. Even Ambrose is able to avoid the shovel because he's not being tossed into the title picture...Only into the picture of keeping the title off of Rollins.

Where does Reigns go after Bryan comes back? Looks like another Swagger or Ryback we're going to have on our hands here.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#95 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 am

MAQ wrote:So...when Bryan comes back, does Reigns get buried as ****? He's taking Bryan's spot in this silly feud right now. Even Ambrose is able to avoid the shovel because he's not being tossed into the title picture...Only into the picture of keeping the title off of Rollins.

Where does Reigns go after Bryan comes back? Looks like another Swagger or Ryback we're going to have on our hands here.

I don't think so, Reigns is everything they want, hes gonna get his push regardless.

But i can't imagine Bryan coming back anytime soon anyways if even half the reports on him are true. By the time he comes back Reigns may have been pushed enough to get established a bit.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#96 » by studcrackers » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 am

MAQ wrote:
studcrackers wrote:

Otherwise weak Ppv.

It seems as though the announce team agreed with you. There was some long moments of silence followed by Cole trying his best not to laugh through a delivery. Got topped off with Cole saying something to the effect of this match was working at Bray's pace with King immediately chiming in with a "No kidding."

It was extremely obvious when they botched a roll up and jbl commented that the ref didn't even count all the way even without kicking out. Like I said, this was the worst match of the night, at least 3 or 4 botches (and like I said, there were a ton of botches throughout the night) and incredibly sloppy.

Crowd seemed pretty hot the 1st hour, but tailed off after the Paige/aj match
TaiLs21
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#97 » by TaiLs21 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:40 am

It was enjoyable but was one of those rushed ppvs to get ready for Summer Slam which you could have realistically not have done and just used Raw and SD to build up that PPV but the tag team match was actually really damn awesome to me.

Kofi's spot ruled

I want that Jack Swagger shirt

Very surprised Jericho got a clean win but I can still see Jericho ultimately putting Bray over at Summer Slam. If not, I don't know why they're just crapping on all the momentum he's built.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#98 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:22 am

Cena wins lol

j/k

Spoiler:
Cena wins lol
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Starkiller
Assistant Coach
And1: 269

Post#99 » by Starkiller » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 am

One of the wort PPV' I've ever seen, and not even for the result. You can have predictable outcomes and still deliver quality matches or be creative with how it plays out. Outside of the Tag match, nothing else on the card achieved this.

- Tag match was amazing. MOTY candidate. My only complaint is that towards the end there were way too many superkicks, and I felt the Wyatts really needed the win.

- Rollins and Ambrose was probably the most anticipated match of the night, and it didn't happen. -1 out of 5 stars.

- The circle jerk for barely average divas wrestling continues, and a sloppy botch fest of a divas title match is considered good apparently. That match was bad. Pacing and flow was nice, but the execution on a lot of it was just awful and awkward. -.5 out of 4 remaining stars.

- Swagger and Rusev was nice. Did exactly what it needed to. Jack looked stronger than he has in years and remained as such despite taking a loss, a match later in the card should have followed in this ones footsteps. We're even at 3.5/5 stars

- Jericho vs Bray was a fun match, but sloppy. Bray totally whiffed on an uppercut. Few other bad spots in the match and it ended so sudden with no build to the finish. No one was ready for the match to be over at all and also, I'm not sure I give Jericho the clean win over Bray right out of the gate, even if Bray eventually goes over at the bigger show, Bray's momentum was all but dead already, now he eats his 2nd clean pin ever from a returning Jericho who jobbed to a guy on the pre show? -.5 stars from out 3.5.

- IC battle royal was fun. Lot of good spots, but the moment they showed Miz on the floor hiding it was ruined. The ending became painfully obvious and even if it's a masterful way to get heel heat it sucks when you see it coming a mile away. Sheamus points at the belt when it's just he and Dolph but just seems to totally miss the Miz laying right next to it. The fact that Dolph knocked out both Bo and Sheamus (wtf no LOLSHEAMUSWINS?) is amazing and then ruined by obvious troll is obvious Miz who 90% of the audience doesn't even want on TV. -1 star out of our remaining 3.

- Probably the most forgettable fatal four way title match I've ever seen. So much so that the crowd started giving it the Royal Rumble treatment. It was boring, had zero exciting spots and even Reigns kind of looked like he was mailing it in with some of those barely jogging spears he was throwing. I wonder if he was told to start going a bit lighter with them because especially the one on Orton outside looked like he just power walked to it. Exact same finish spot as MiTB and LOLCENAWINS with no Brock appearance. -1 star out of the remaining 2.

Over all 1* PPV. It was really bad, throw in how awful the stream was on the network and I"m regretting actually staying up to watch it. Especially with the app sending me push updates spoiling the title matches to my phone. If they were having trouble getting network subscriptions before, this sent them in the wrong direction.
This ^
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#100 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:34 pm

I don't think there has been a single Divas match on the main roster better than anything going on down in NXT's diva division for a long time. And I very much dislike AJ Lee, from a purely wrestling standpoint I don't see why people love her.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling