WWE SummerSlam 2014

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Re: WWE SummerSlam 2014 

Post#161 » by Rich Rane » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:02 am

Sebastian wrote:That was exactly how Brock should have won -- a squash. Too bad the whole damn thing was german suplexes.

Exactly, you think they would've let him dominate with more than 2 moves. Like does his contract state that he could only use a German Suplex and F5 tonight?
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#162 » by dr3am » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:03 am

Been a while since Cena got his ass whooped like that & actually lost. I like Lesnar but i don't know about him being champion & I still don't like the fact that he ended Taker's streak but whatever

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#163 » by DJHill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:10 am

Was a real suplex-fest but Cole/JBL/Lawler did a great, great job of pushing the subplot of 'how much can Cena take' and they did a good job of teasing the ref stoppage. The story it told was better than the actual in-ring action.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#164 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:20 am

Does this set up a future John Cena heel turn?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#165 » by studcrackers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:20 am

DJHill wrote:Was a real suplex-fest but Cole/JBL/Lawler did a great, great job of pushing the subplot of 'how much can Cena take' and they did a good job of teasing the ref stoppage. The story it told was better than the actual in-ring action.

a rare accomplishment for this announce team
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#166 » by studcrackers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:22 am

what's fascinating/exciting to me is how this lesnar reign is booked. he's obviously not gonna be at every ppv, so how will the ones he's not on be booked.

for instance, im likely going to the ppv in dallas but i doubt he's gonna be here. rollins/ambrose hell in a cell? what 's the big storylines?
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#167 » by NBADraft2003 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:24 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Sebastian wrote:That was exactly how Brock should have won -- a squash. Too bad the whole damn thing was german suplexes.

Exactly, you think they would've let him dominate with more than 2 moves. Like does his contract state that he could only use a German Suplex and F5 tonight?

Don't forget the multiple uses of the knees :roll:
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#168 » by Shaazzam » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:27 am

stoked for heyman's promo tomorrow
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#169 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:30 am

studcrackers wrote:what's fascinating/exciting to me is how this lesnar reign is booked. he's obviously not gonna be at every ppv, so how will the ones he's not on be booked.

for instance, im likely going to the ppv in dallas but i doubt he's gonna be here. rollins/ambrose hell in a cell? what 's the big storylines?

I think I read a while back that when Lesnar resigned right before WM 29 to be under contract through WM 31, they've actually used up a relatively small amount of his dates. I can't remember where I saw it but that he had enough dates that he could be on about 2/3 of Raw's and about half of the remaining PPV's. My guess with the PPV matches will be, he does Night of Champions (he's already scheduled for that one), he probably misses the October PPV, does Suurvivor Series, misses the December PPV, does the Rumble. The Elimination Chamber format makes it so that he basically has to defend the title at that PPV because you either have an Elimination Chamber title match where the winner faces the winner of the Rumble or you have an Elimination Chamber match for the #1 contendership, but where does the Rumble winner fit into that?
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#170 » by jr lucosa » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:35 am

DJHill
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by DJHill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 am

^Paige used to do nothing at all for me but she's mysteriously gotten sexy to me now. Kinda weird.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#172 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:37 am

Didn't know Paige was a necrophiliac
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#173 » by studcrackers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:45 am

DJHill wrote:^Paige used to do nothing at all for me but she's mysteriously gotten sexy to me now. Kinda weird.

seems to happen a lot around her once they go from face to heel
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#174 » by studcrackers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:47 am

safi wrote:
studcrackers wrote:what's fascinating/exciting to me is how this lesnar reign is booked. he's obviously not gonna be at every ppv, so how will the ones he's not on be booked.

I think I read a while back that when Lesnar resigned right before WM 29 to be under contract through WM 31, they've actually used up a relatively small amount of his dates. I can't remember where I saw it but that he had enough dates that he could be on about 2/3 of Raw's and about half of the remaining PPV's. My guess with the PPV matches will be, he does Night of Champions (he's already scheduled for that one), he probably misses the October PPV, does Suurvivor Series, misses the December PPV, does the Rumble. The Elimination Chamber format makes it so that he basically has to defend the title at that PPV because you either have an Elimination Chamber title match where the winner faces the winner of the Rumble or you have an Elimination Chamber match for the #1 contendership, but where does the Rumble winner fit into that?

everyone seems to be pretty well convinced that Reigns is taking the title off Lesnar. cant say i blame them though, only other realistic option i can see is if a returning Bryan at the rumble wins there and at mania. unrealistic would be a returning punk returning to get his win back
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#175 » by studcrackers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:52 am

rewatching the swagger/rusev match right meow on the replay. holy hell did rusev do an awesome sell job holding the "accolade" the 2nd time
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#176 » by MAQ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 am

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Does this set up a future John Cena heel turn?

Holy ****! Miss ya biggie
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#177 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:58 am

MAQ wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Does this set up a future John Cena heel turn?

Holy ****! Miss ya biggie

What's up MAQ. Good to see your username & avatar, my friend.

Unfortunately, I'm still banned from the Bulls boards because of the Rose threads :lol: .
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#178 » by Sebastian » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 am

studcrackers wrote:rewatching the swagger/rusev match right meow on the replay. holy hell did rusev do an awesome sell job holding the "accolade" the 2nd time

Rusev's definitely got a certain ability and it factor in the ring that other big guys like Ryback and Reigns just don't have. Everything from his offense to his selling is really excellent.
DJHill
Pro Prospect

Post#179 » by DJHill » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:04 am

Sebastian wrote:
studcrackers wrote:rewatching the swagger/rusev match right meow on the replay. holy hell did rusev do an awesome sell job holding the "accolade" the 2nd time

Rusev's definitely got a certain ability and it factor in the ring that other big guys like Ryback and Reigns just don't have. Everything from his offense to his selling is really excellent.

Agreed on all counts. And just think, months ago people were calling him the next Vladimir Kozlov. Sounds a bit silly now.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#180 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 am

studcrackers wrote:
safi wrote:

everyone seems to be pretty well convinced that Reigns is taking the title off Lesnar. cant say i blame them though, only other realistic option i can see is if a returning Bryan at the rumble wins there and at mania. unrealistic would be a returning punk returning to get his win back

Reigns-Lesnar is just logical deductive reasoning. He's clearly the guy they think will be the guy and if Brock carries the title to WM 31 and beating him for that title is the perfect opportunity to make him the guy. My guess is if Bryan-Lesnar happens, it'll be the match at the Rumble. Maybe Reigns-Lesnar was never the plan but right now it seems like the only way that doesn't happen is if they think Reigns isn't ready by then which is very possible and it's a topic that has been and will continue to be debated in the coming months. I'll say this, tonight's Orton-Reigns was quite good and the second half of it was great but the first felt pretty clunky. To some degree they're lucky because they had a pretty friendly audience tonight and they didn't get too restless during the first 5 or so minutes when the match was pretty flat. In front of a lot of other crowds they turn on that match.

Return to Pro Wrestling