WWE Logo

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

WWE Logo 

Post#1 » by funkatron101 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:02 pm

As you all probably know by now, WWE has officially retired their scratch logo in favor of using the WWE network logo from here on out. It's a little hard for me to get used to. Something about it just seems off. I would much rather have preferred that they updated there 80s logo.

I started messing around with their old logo, trying to modernize it a bit when I decided to take a completely different approach. Let me know what you think!

(Right click and open in a new tab. I hate having to shrink things down in here)
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: WWE Logo 

Post#2 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

funkatron101 wrote:As you all probably know by now, WWE has officially retired their scratch logo in favor of using the WWE network logo from here on out. It's a little hard for me to get used to. Something about it just seems off. I would much rather have preferred that they updated there 80s logo.

I started messing around with their old logo, trying to modernize it a bit when I decided to take a completely different approach. Let me know what you think!

Very cool. Not a knock on your work at all, but it seems more like a logo that an independent company would use. Pretty badass logo regardless.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,814

Post#3 » by Stanford » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Great work, man! I think for a company like WWE, the simplicity of their current (new) logo works best for branding, but yours is awesome! Bad ass indeed.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#4 » by funkatron101 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:59 pm

The challenge would obviously be the fact that the fans are so used to seeing just the stacked WW without the E, so this would take some getting used to. I always wanted to find a way to incorporate the E without it seeming forced, or looking like the company is "WE."

I thought this approach would kill two birds with one stone, by adding the E and making a clear reference as to its wrestling roots (something they seemingly want to phase out for some weird reason).
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#5 » by jr lucosa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Creative, I like it.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#6 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 am