Lucha Underground Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Lucha Underground Thread 

Post#1 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:20 pm

lots of talent on this roster. downloaded an episode that im gonna check out and see how good it is. Figured a thread could be started in case folks wanted to keep tabs on and comment about the comings and goings in the UNDERGROUNDDDDDD!!!!!
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Re: Lucha Underground Thread 

Post#2 » by pduh01 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 am

I didn't know until last week that I did get Lucha Underground on one of my local channels but the channel is spanish which I don't know spanish very well lol. But I watched it last week and I enjoyed the show. I'll keep watching my reaction when I see familiar faces such as Konan, Chavo, Vampiro, and John Morrison I kinda mark out :lol:
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#3 » by SDM » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:48 pm

They have 8PM on Wednesday, right?

With TNA on at 9PM, they could be doing some sort of cross-promotion with ADR being on both programs.

Gotta say, I'm very impressed with this company so far.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#4 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:12 pm

I'd love to watch it but I don't have El Ray network. I'll probably download a couple episodes sometime soon and see how I like it.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:I'd love to watch it but I don't have El Ray network. I'll probably download a couple episodes sometime soon and see how I like it.

yeah that's how i have to keep up with all my wrestling at the moment through downloads. not sure how familiar you are with some of the more indyish talent in the company but a few were on the WWE radar and i think this is a good look for them.

Ricochet is the champ over there under a masked character named Prince Puma. Not sure if you're familiar with his work but he's ridiculously athletic and could easily give Neville a run for his money with in-ring work.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#6 » by jr lucosa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:01 pm

I loved what I saw from Richochet during this year's super juniors tournament, I'll have to try and catch an episode when I get a chance.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:13 pm

jr lucosa wrote:I loved what I saw from Richochet during this year's super juniors tournament, I'll have to try and catch an episode when I get a chance.

i think if Neville wasn't in the high flyer slot in WWE Ricochet could easily take it.
Watch More Basketball

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jr lucosa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:20 pm

He's talented enough for sure
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#9 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Along with NXT its probably the only wrestling show I can watch on delay and not feel compelled to fast forward through at least 2/3 of the show.

The wrestling is great (albeit very different from what I'm accustomed to), I love the way the backstage stuff is shot. I love Konnan on the show, he reminds me of Mick from Rocky. And while I'm no fan of the heel authority figure, one of the main reasons for this is that it feels like everyone is doing an impression of Vince McMahon from 1998 and 1999 (including Vince himself over the last decade) but I'll make an exception at least for now for Dario Cueto because his take on the character is so different than what its been.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#10 » by SDM » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Agreed, safi. Tired premise, but Cueto is interesting. I also like Konnan's inclusion, he's credible (in Mexico at least) and you can tell he's working his butt off.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Marcus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:27 pm

through the first episode loving the Puma (Ricochet) Mundo (John Morrison) match.

and the authority figure role is being played very well.

Striker is very good on the commentary also.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Marcus » Mon Dec 8, 2014 6:17 am

That Chavo heel turn was expected but done well.
Watch More Basketball

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jr lucosa » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Watched the most recent episode and it was my first time watching Lucha Underground, I really enjoyed the show, I like the style and the overall feel of it. Good use of the hour with short but enjoyable undercard matches and a much longer main event. The triple threat ladder match was pretty good, I feel like it could have been better with less of Big Ryck and his stooges, but Puma and especially Johnny Mundo looked great.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Marcus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:56 pm

jr lucosa wrote:Watched the most recent episode and it was my first time watching Lucha Underground, I really enjoyed the show, I like the style and the overall feel of it. Good use of the hour with short but enjoyable undercard matches and a much longer main event. The triple threat ladder match was pretty good, I feel like it could have been better with less of Big Ryck and his stooges, but Puma and especially Johnny Mundo looked great.

they have this overall storyline that I think works wonders and utilizes all the talent they have in a meaningful way so I don't mind seeing Big Ryck out there in his role and how Puma and Mundo intertwine. So far they've done a great job of tying it all in and giving everyone something even in the short timeframe they have. i love that TV show feel and that new way of presenting pro wrestling as the drama it is.
Watch More Basketball

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jr lucosa » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Nobody told me Maxine was in LU!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Marcus » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:39 pm

jr lucosa wrote:Nobody told me Maxine was in LU!

As luscious as she wants to be.
Watch More Basketball

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:07 pm

I watched the first episode finally and I liked it quite a bit. The overall presentation is pretty cool. I also like hearing Matt Striker on commentary again.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Marcus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:I watched the first episode finally and I liked it quite a bit. The overall presentation is pretty cool. I also like hearing Matt Striker on commentary again.

Welcome to the Underground my friend.
Watch More Basketball

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by jr lucosa » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Anyone else watch the Dec 17 episode yet? What to expect out of the Aztec Warefare match? Who was Cueto talking to at the end of the show? I'm excited for the next episode.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:23 pm

jr lucosa wrote:Anyone else watch the Dec 17 episode yet? What to expect out of the Aztec Warefare match? Who was Cueto talking to at the end of the show? I'm excited for the next episode.

Not I. I've only seen the very first episode and still need to download everything past ep. 2 because I don't get El Rey Network. Thank god for the internet.

Return to Pro Wrestling