WWE 2k15

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

TaiLs21
Analyst
And1: 147

WWE 2k15 

Post#1 » by TaiLs21 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Thought i'd do a thread here and not the game lounge since I like it here in this board. Any of you guys have it for next gen? I'm liking it and havent played a wrestling game in years so i'm not having any issues w it.

The mycareer is super cool now and didnt realize it took so long to create a character. So far only in NXT and its challenging playing w a guy whos stamina drops so fast and takes so long to build a signature and finisher

My only gripes is that you cant have divas wrestle the dudes it seems and also the controls are a bit weird to pick up for diff grapple moves.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: WWE 2k15 

Post#2 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 pm

I have it for PS4, like it alot. I'm in year 2 of mycareer and currently feuding w/ the Shield on Smackdown. I love the stamina and momentum system and the fact that you have to earn points to upgrade your guy/buy abilities. My only complaint is that you can't (or I haven't figured out how to yet) use custom entrance music and the lack of entrance motions.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#3 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm

I love WWE's games.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
WRau1
RealGM

Post#4 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 pm

TaiLs21 wrote:Thought i'd do a thread here and not the game lounge since I like it here in this board. Any of you guys have it for next gen? I'm liking it and havent played a wrestling game in years so i'm not having any issues w it.

The mycareer is super cool now and didnt realize it took so long to create a character. So far only in NXT and its challenging playing w a guy whos stamina drops so fast and takes so long to build a signature and finisher

My only gripes is that you cant have divas wrestle the dudes it seems and also the controls are a bit weird to pick up for diff grapple moves.

Yeah, I had problems with the grapple system at first as well. For me it helped to slow down how fast I was pushing the buttons.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#5 » by pduh01 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 am

I was going to ask how was the game. I debating myself to get this game worth buying or not sometime in the holidays.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
WRau1
RealGM

Post#6 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:39 pm

To me, it's the best gameplay since Wrestlemania 2000/WWF No Mercy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
TaiLs21
Analyst

Post#7 » by TaiLs21 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:14 pm

The game is worth it. I came from not owning a wrestling game probably since No Mercy on N64 and played Smackdown Here Comes the Pain at my friend's place a lot, and coming back to it it just feels good. Heavy grapples are tough to hit on the computer because it seems like reversing is easy but then I don't even know what i'm doing half the time and just trying to survive instead of chain together cool moves.

The career mode again is fun so far especially trying to build your character up and just messing around w possible intros. The advanced intro scheme is hardcore and just don't have the patience for that right now.

I think what some people were bummed about was that they took away some types of matches but since I never experienced them, I can't miss them. The divas look kind of cartoonish in the face which is a bit weird when you see how well the guys look. Looking to try to be good at this game and try to tear it up online but i'm being realistic
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#8 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm not playing until I finally get a PS4, which could still be a few months away.

Aside from the game, the commercial for the game is HILARIOUS!!! It's waaaaaaaay too serious. It does make me laugh though. My fiance and I randomly say or text "Rage..." to each other and that's fun.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#9 » by DJHill » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Big step in the right direction overall from what I've played so far but they took A LOT of stuff out. Entrance animations, modes, moves, etc. I hate when companies take stuff out and end up adding it back in for the next year release and labeling it as "new" (which I'm 80% sure will be the case for WWE 2k16)
WRau1
RealGM

Post#10 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:18 am

DJHill wrote:Big step in the right direction overall from what I've played so far but they took A LOT of stuff out. Entrance animations, modes, moves, etc. I hate when companies take stuff out and end up adding it back in for the next year release and labeling it as "new" (which I'm 80% sure will be the case for WWE 2k16)

I was bummed about the entrances too but after playing it for a week, I skip entrances already. I can see why they gave it up. As far as moves go, I don't think there's any shortage. They'll probably patch in a new move set in a month or two just like they did with the last few releases.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#11 » by DJHill » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:55 am

WRau1 wrote:
DJHill wrote:Big step in the right direction overall from what I've played so far but they took A LOT of stuff out. Entrance animations, modes, moves, etc. I hate when companies take stuff out and end up adding it back in for the next year release and labeling it as "new" (which I'm 80% sure will be the case for WWE 2k16)

I was bummed about the entrances too but after playing it for a week, I skip entrances already. I can see why they gave it up. As far as moves go, I don't think there's any shortage. They'll probably patch in a new move set in a month or two just like they did with the last few releases.

I'm mad they took out that tigerbomb (the one thats kinda like a piledriver) out. That has been my CAW's finisher for yrs, going all the way back to WWE Smackdown vs Raw. They better bring it back!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#12 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:28 am

DJHill wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

I'm mad they took out that tigerbomb (the one thats kinda like a piledriver) out. That has been my CAW's finisher for yrs, going all the way back to WWE Smackdown vs Raw. They better bring it back!

the Jay Driller
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
WRau1
RealGM

Post#13 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:57 am

DJHill wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Try the Implant Buster or the Package Piledriver.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
TaiLs21
Analyst

Post#14 » by TaiLs21 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:12 am

I feel if you master the reversing it can put you on another level because the mechanic is just a simple one button. Played online w a guy who reversed everything I did. I liked in other games where it was one button to reverse grapples and another to reverse strikes.

The game doesn't do a great job of telling you how to do something like slam someone through a table
WRau1
RealGM

Post#15 » by WRau1 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 9:20 pm

TaiLs21 wrote:I feel if you master the reversing it can put you on another level because the mechanic is just a simple one button. Played online w a guy who reversed everything I did. I liked in other games where it was one button to reverse grapples and another to reverse strikes.

The game doesn't do a great job of telling you how to do something like slam someone through a table

Yeah, the reverse system is kind of over powered.

ETA - Don't know if you wanted to know about the table but you can whip them into the table then grapple when they're leaning against it to put them on the table, or you can use a Directional Throw move to slam them through it. Announcers table you throw them into the table while you have a Finisher then press the finisher button once the screen tells you to. If you're using a create-a-character, you have to make sure he has the OMG Moment ability that allows you to slam through tables.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#16 » by WRau1 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 5:52 am

I'm in year 5 of MyCaeer and won the WWE Title from Lesnar. After I won the title, the game went to credits and a little note appeared on the screen saying that "After a 15yr career, I reached heights of stars like The Rock, Steve Austin and John Cena." Apparently once you win the main title, you get one last match with an opponent of your choice (they give you a short list of choices). That is really dumb to me, I haven't even had the chance to fight for any other belt, compete in a Royal Rumble or be in a WrestleMania.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#17 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 9:49 pm

Bought the season pass today for PS4 which apparently means nothing. System says its downloaded and installed but nothing is different and I don't have Paige.
Do it for Chuck
TaiLs21
Analyst

Post#18 » by TaiLs21 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 10:13 pm

I haven't heard anything about any new DLC yet so I think when it launches she will be available.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#19 » by WRau1 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 10:23 pm

I don't think Paige is available yet. Shes supposed to be here before the end of the year and the rumor is that there will be a DLC every month for the first few months of 2015 including an NXT patch, new move-sets, WCW patch, new/current attires, new stories in the showcase mode and a few others that I can't remember.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#20 » by SDM » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:28 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ddMN6T4sg[/youtube]

Return to Pro Wrestling