NXT Thread II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Re: NXT Thread 2 (The Day I've Been Waiting For) 

Post#1021 » by Polk377 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:Patrick Clark finally debuted on NXT tv and his gimmick is taking shape and it's amazing. He is dedicated to that ****. He went so far as to put relaxer in his hair for the slick back.

What is his gimmick really? Is he just a Trump supporter or is it more like Xavier Woods' previous Consequences Creed gimmick?

They may have dropped the blatant reference to Trump, but I think it's essentially still that gimmick, just more tv ready. It'll be interesting to see how it plays on tv. They need to do a backstage segment or a vignette or something. He looked solid in the ring and he's got a phenomenal physique for wrestling. He could be something.

I thought he was a favorite to win Tough Enough before the fans completely ruined the concept of the show.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1022 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
Polk377 wrote:What is his gimmick really? Is he just a Trump supporter or is it more like Xavier Woods' previous Consequences Creed gimmick?

They may have dropped the blatant reference to Trump, but I think it's essentially still that gimmick, just more tv ready. It'll be interesting to see how it plays on tv. They need to do a backstage segment or a vignette or something. He looked solid in the ring and he's got a phenomenal physique for wrestling. He could be something.

I thought he was a favorite to win Tough Enough before the fans completely ruined the concept of the show.

He was the only person on the show that actually watched and cared about wrestling prior to getting there. He has a passion for it and he knows the history. He'll have a solid career, whether it's in WWE or not.

Also, that show was ruined as soon as they announced the fan voting aspect of it.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1023 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Apparently TM61 and Hideo Itami have been teaming up during the NXT house shows and are now going by the name The KREW (Kings Road Emerald Warriors) Those dudes have a knack for coming up with bad ass names.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaneThorneWWE/status/749000905631072256[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaneThorneWWE/status/756323107078569984[/tweet]
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1024 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Great **** news! I love these guys, and I was pretty damn excited to see that backstage segment with them and The Revival. A tag title program with them and The Revival is going to be some phenomenal wrestling, and should give Gargano and Ciampa a chance to show how good they can be as characters as well.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/7/22/12257774/johnny-gargano-tommaso-ciampa-end-indy-careers-full-time-wwe-employees
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,944

Post#1025 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:57 pm

I like Ciampa and Gargano, they just need a nice tag team name and I'll be sold
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1026 » by Polk377 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:Apparently TM61 and Hideo Itami have been teaming up during the NXT house shows and are now going by the name The KREW (Kings Road Emerald Warriors) Those dudes have a knack for coming up with bad ass names.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaneThorneWWE/status/749000905631072256[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaneThorneWWE/status/756323107078569984[/tweet]

Cool name. Itami needs a strong push to get restarted. So far he has been a major bust of a signing. I hope he has been spending the rehab period improving his english because that was holding him back before. He should also change his ring gear.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1027 » by iMoreland » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:40 pm

This is insane

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/757628101853601792[/tweet]
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1028 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:53 pm

iMoreland wrote:This is insane

Saw this earlier and meant to post. It's so damn good! Karl Anderson and Gallows have really strong SCSA impressions as well. I love listening to their old episode of the Art of Wrestling podcast because they do it so much. They're legitimately hilarious dudes. I hope WWE continues to let them show more of their personalities.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1029 » by Polk377 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:

Saw this earlier and meant to post. It's so damn good! Karl Anderson and Gallows have really strong SCSA impressions as well. I love listening to their old episode of the Art of Wrestling podcast because they do it so much. They're legitimately hilarious dudes. I hope WWE continues to let them show more of their personalities.

I think the best wrestler impression I have ever heard next to Jay Lethal imitating Ric Flair. The voice and mannerisms were spot on.

I agree that Gallows and Anderson are hilarious. They had a little bit of their impressions on Ride Along this week. Their AJ Styles impressions are great.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1030 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 am

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I don't really like Kota Ibushi at all
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1031 » by Polk377 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:44 am

iMoreland wrote:This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I don't really like Kota Ibushi at all

that match wasn't one of his best. He is a good highflyer and a phenomenal striker. He will grow on you.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1032 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:05 pm

iMoreland wrote:This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I don't really like Kota Ibushi at all

wasn't the greatest debut he can do a lot better.

One of the best high flyers around and an insane striker, provided he adjusts and doesn't go back to New Japan (apparently a source saying he could go back afterall and be in the main event picture) i think he could do well in ring at least, not sure about his promos, as far as i know he doesn't speak english and whilst he is whacky as all hell he ain't Nakamura
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1033 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Still need to watch last night's episode.

Tiny tidbit of news out today. They released ZZ (Tough Enough guy) and a dude named Josh Woods (former MMA fighter) who I had never even heard of.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1034 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:They may have dropped the blatant reference to Trump, but I think it's essentially still that gimmick, just more tv ready. It'll be interesting to see how it plays on tv. They need to do a backstage segment or a vignette or something. He looked solid in the ring and he's got a phenomenal physique for wrestling. He could be something.

He was the only person on the show that actually watched and cared about wrestling prior to getting there. He has a passion for it and he knows the history. He'll have a solid career, whether it's in WWE or not.

Also, that show was ruined as soon as they announced the fan voting aspect of it.

He's got a great look and passion, talks reasonably well, but... he came off boring as hell and didn't get along with too many people. But he's very young, so there's hope - but with charisma - either ya got it or ya don't, and it's going to take something for him to get it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1035 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think the best wrestler impression I have ever heard next to Jay Lethal imitating Ric Flair. The voice and mannerisms were spot on.

Yeah, he did a very good Macho Man, but his Flair was impeccable - It was like he became Flair.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1036 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:24 pm

That Ibushi vs. Buddy Murphy match from this week was amazing. Kudos to Murphy for looking the best I've ever seen him. They might actually have something in him.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1037 » by iMoreland » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:29 pm

Just got around to watching NXT,

Nakamura match was good. Wouldn't be surprised if Wesley Blake gets released in the next batch of cuts.

Billie Kay and Santana Garrett both have bright futures.

Was that a vignette for Ember Moon?

TM61 are fun to watch but their theme is as generic as they come.

No Way Jose is REALLY impressive, his facial expressions are a 10/10. His promo was great too. Steve Cutler would've been in The Revival if Dash Wilder didn't exist.

Don't like Kota Ibushi, maybe he'll grow on me. Buddy Murphy looked good in that match.

Last segment was pretty pointless.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1038 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Aug 2, 2016 2:36 pm

iMoreland wrote:Just got around to watching NXT,

Nakamura match was good. Wouldn't be surprised if Wesley Blake gets released in the next batch of cuts.

Billie Kay and Santana Garrett both have bright futures.

Was that a vignette for Ember Moon?

TM61 are fun to watch but their theme is as generic as they come.

No Way Jose is REALLY impressive, his facial expressions are a 10/10. His promo was great too. Steve Cutler would've been in The Revival if Dash Wilder didn't exist.

Don't like Kota Ibushi, maybe he'll grow on me. Buddy Murphy looked good in that match.

Last segment was pretty pointless.

Except for Dash Wilder is actually a really good wrestler, and turning into a good character.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#1039 » by pduh01 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 12:38 am

Bobby Roode cut a very good promo nice way to debut him. I just don't like his entrance theme that much but I guess it fit his character.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1040 » by iMoreland » Thu Aug 4, 2016 12:56 am

Ciampa & Gargano need a tag team name

Return to Pro Wrestling