Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

NXT Thread II 

Post#1 » by Marcus » Sat Jan 3, 2015 7:49 pm

2nd thread for all things NXT.

GO!!!
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: NXT Thread 2 (The Day I've Been Waiting For) 

Post#2 » by WRau1 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 4:09 am

I wish NXT was it's own company and noone ever got called up to the main roster.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:29 pm

[YouTube]http://youtube/QqwkS4UK91E[/YouTube]

We'll be hearing a lot of that theme this year. Pretty awesome cover.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#4 » by Stanford » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:46 pm

You've got to wait until the last post of the 100th page!

Rules, Marcus, rules!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Marcus » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:55 pm

Stanford wrote:You've got to wait until the last post of the 100th page!

Rules, Marcus, rules!

Awwwwwwwww. Thought it was once u reached a hundred. My bad then. False alarm people.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Marcus » Sun Jan 4, 2015 10:29 pm

Stanfeezy locked the first thread because Stanford is the posters mod.
Watch More Basketball

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Stanford » Sun Jan 4, 2015 10:44 pm

As is typical in a tyrant's beginnings.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Marcus » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:05 pm

Stanford wrote:As is typical in a tyrant's beginnings.

I will happily ride the wave for the time being.
Watch More Basketball

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jan 8, 2015 7:39 pm

Stanford wrote:NXT Night!

Indeed! Sami's back tonight, likely just in a talking capacity.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Stanford » Thu Jan 8, 2015 7:56 pm

Remind me, when do we switch over to Wednesday night?
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:06 pm

Stanford wrote:Remind me, when do we switch over to Wednesday night?

Tonight is the last Thursday night episode.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Stanford » Fri Jan 9, 2015 5:07 am

Well that's neat. I hate Wednesdays as currently constructed.

Does Realgm think there will ever be a 2-time NXT champ? And what would that mean?
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#13 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jan 9, 2015 5:19 am

Big E's current trajectory could suggest him being a 2-time NXT champ, in which case that's probably not a great thing for him.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jan 9, 2015 1:00 pm

Stanford wrote:Well that's neat. I hate Wednesdays as currently constructed.

Does Realgm think there will ever be a 2-time NXT champ? And what would that mean?

I hope not. To me, that would mean they start treating NXT like the main roster and just shuffle the belts back and forth and they become nearly meaningless. In theory, once you've become the NXT champion, you've reached the pinnacle of that level and it's time to move on to the main roster. After successfully defending the title for a while of course.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Marcus » Fri Jan 9, 2015 2:52 pm

With all the bs on the main roster I almost don't want anyone winning or losing that thing and moving up. The misuse is stunning. It's sorta like a WCW made guy coming over to Vince and getting ruined for not being the tyrants creation in the first place.
Watch More Basketball

SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#16 » by SDM » Fri Jan 9, 2015 3:45 pm

Marcus wrote:With all the bs on the main roster I almost don't want anyone winning or losing that thing and moving up. The misuse is stunning. It's sorta like a WCW made guy coming over to Vince and getting ruined for not being the tyrants creation in the first place.

Yeah, I feel the same, as a general rule.

Though I'm conflicted because I feel the disconnect could be a couple things.

We hear all the time about Vince's business instincts and how he'd never leave money on the table, but we watched him do that with WCW. At the same time, there's a uniqueness to NXT, more intimate, smaller smarky crowds, things translate differently and it's hard to extrapolate it to the main roster. Then again, they're tweaking over/legit gimmicks in NXT for the main roster, like with Ascension and this rumoured Mighty Mouse thing. That screams of main roster executive meddling, but with Adam Rose and Emma who were brought up as-is, their appeal was lost in larger arenas, so maybe these gimmick tweaks are Vince's reaction to the trend of callups not connecting. I'm so confused.

The network rollout was botched and apparently that's Vince's baby. It's uncanny how poorly it was rolled out... couldn't confirm availabilities in countries, no adds at first and then they add them, promoted it via insulting their audience and accusing them of being cheap, killed off their PPV business forcing them to rely on a struggling house shows market, had to offer free months and they still aren't anywhere close to their target. My God, it's not a stretch that the person behind all of this would also mess with NXT callups. I'm so confused.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jan 9, 2015 4:18 pm

SDM wrote:
Marcus wrote:With all the bs on the main roster I almost don't want anyone winning or losing that thing and moving up. The misuse is stunning. It's sorta like a WCW made guy coming over to Vince and getting ruined for not being the tyrants creation in the first place.

Yeah, I feel the same, as a general rule.

We hear all the time about Vince's business instincts and how he'd never leave money on the table, but we watched him do that with WCW. At the same time, there's a uniqueness to NXT, more intimate, smaller smarky crowds, things translate differently and it's hard to extrapolate it to the main roster. Then again, they're tweaking over/legit gimmicks in NXT for the main roster, like with Ascension and this rumoured Mighty Mouse thing. That screams of main roster executive meddling, but with Adam Rose and Emma who were brought up as-is, their appeal was lost in larger arenas, so maybe these gimmick tweaks are Vince's reaction to the trend of callups not connecting. I'm so confused.

The network rollout was botched and apparently that's Vince's baby. It's uncanny how poorly it was rolled out... couldn't confirm availabilities in countries, no adds at first and then they add them, promoted it via insulting their audience and accusing them of being cheap, killed off their PPV business forcing them to rely on a struggling house shows market, had to offer free months and they still aren't anywhere close to their target. My God, it's not a stretch that the person behind all of this would also mess with NXT callups. I'm so confused.

I'm not entirely sure how it would work, but at some point you have to think an executive board could take a vote and say he's ruining the company. We need to take away his power to make decisions.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Stanford » Fri Jan 9, 2015 4:23 pm

Sami's promo last night was great
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by Marcus » Fri Jan 9, 2015 5:06 pm

SDM wrote:Yeah, I feel the same, as a general rule.

Rose was a character that was gonna struggle from the get-go i think they knew that so i'll give that one up. Emma's problem IMO was the Santino pairing and the commentator burial she received. She was never taken seriously as a character despite her quirks which is why it worked in NXT. She was presented as silly but she could go. She was always comedy on the main roster. But those i will give you. Even Big E was untouched for the most part and perhaps just didn't connect so there's that.

Paige was left alone got looped out by Vince's choice. Wyatt's left alone got derailed by Vince's choice. Shield was THE hottest thing going, got broken up and seperated to ultimately use Vince's type of guy as the guy. I know Seth is money but I wanna see what happens when he loses the case.

I don't have much faith in Vince when it comes to NXT guys.
Watch More Basketball

SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#20 » by SDM » Fri Jan 9, 2015 5:10 pm

I actually thought Big E was doing OK as the IC champ. He was connecting, I think, crowds were popping for his signature moves. He wasn't elevating the title or otherwise being put in important matches, but I saw something there. We're basically begging for consistency and they can't deliver... I think it would change opinions of some individual guys if they had focus and storylines planned, prepped, and maintained for many weeks. In Big E's case, I could only see him going up if he was booked like the traditional IC champ-- i.e. the real #1 contender. I think they did this with Ziggler... but then they took the belt off him, and then, yeah, Smackdown, Bad News Barrett... they have to stay the course with these guys and fight through those moments of not connecting. In a way, they're doing it right with Roman, they just desperately need to step off the gas, identify 5-10 pieces that have decent ceilings, and share some of the love across the roster.

Return to Pro Wrestling