NXT Thread II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: NXT Thread 2 

Post#1101 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Polk377 wrote:Why is Angelo Dawkins still at the performance center let alone getting time on NXT? He is so so bad.
Spoiler:
I love the pairing of Ty Dillinger and Bobby Roode for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Tournament. I hope it lasts past the tournament because it might be a good way of getting them on the main roster if they click. Glorious 10 could be....glorious.

Why the spoiler? The episode aired last night.

I think the money angle with Roode and Dillinger lies in turning Dillinger full-on face, with Roode turning on him. Basically what they should have done last year with Joe and Finn in the tournament. Finn was already an established face, so it would have been turning Joe full heel, which they ended up doing but it took longer and didn't have the same shock value that it could have had if they would have done it during the tournament.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1102 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Was all excited to see two guys I trained with (the Ealy twins) debut only to get laid out by Joe. Lame.
Do it for Chuck
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1103 » by Polk377 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Why is Angelo Dawkins still at the performance center let alone getting time on NXT? He is so so bad.
Spoiler:
I love the pairing of Ty Dillinger and Bobby Roode for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Tournament. I hope it lasts past the tournament because it might be a good way of getting them on the main roster if they click. Glorious 10 could be....glorious.

I think the money angle with Roode and Dillinger lies in turning Dillinger full-on face, with Roode turning on him. Basically what they should have done last year with Joe and Finn in the tournament. Finn was already an established face, so it would have been turning Joe full heel, which they ended up doing but it took longer and didn't have the same shock value that it could have had if they would have done it during the tournament.

Well not everyone might have had the chance to watch last nights episode. Full face or not Dillinger has a low ceiling so why not put him with a credible guy like Roode for a while to get him fully over. Save the turn for down the line and really put him over.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1104 » by iMoreland » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1105 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:14 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

If I recall correctly Kota's breakout match in Pro Wrestling Noah was in the tag match with KENTA. They were on opposite sides but Kota became a star that night.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1106 » by studcrackers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Was all excited to see two guys I trained with (the Ealy twins) debut only to get laid out by Joe. Lame.

Yea, those guys were to big and cut to just get squashed in an instant. Why should the audience take them seriously after that?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1107 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:59 pm

studcrackers wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Was all excited to see two guys I trained with (the Ealy twins) debut only to get laid out by Joe. Lame.

Yea, those guys were to big and cut to just get squashed in an instant. Why should the audience take them seriously after that?

I'm guessing they weren't out there to actually debut, and they're sent back to the PC for several more months. They've been signed for under a year and from what I've read are pretty green. Would seem pretty early to be starting as tv regulars, unless they're just exceptionally quick learners. Having Joe take them out may have just been a way to get them on camera to see if they had any charisma and could get a reaction from the Full Sail crowd (which I don't think they did). They've got a solid look, and they're unique, but it seemed like they still have some seasoning to do in front of live crowds.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1108 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:03 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
Spoiler:

Well not everyone might have had the chance to watch last nights episode. Full face or not Dillinger has a low ceiling so why not put him with a credible guy like Roode for a while to get him fully over. Save the turn for down the line and really put him over.

Meh, if the show has aired it's fair game, IMO. People know what to expect when they come in this thread the night of/after an episode. I reserve the spoilers for rumors or stuff that hasn't aired yet. Just my 2 pennies.

I disagree on Dillinger's ceiling. I think he could be a solid mid-card guy, who you could put in an IC title angle and he'd deliver. Not sure if he's top dog material but he's got a solid gimmick with something the fans can chant (which is huge in this day and age), and he can wrestle his ass off, and he's got a decent look. I could easily see him thriving on Smackdown if they turn him full face on NXT and bring him up properly.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1109 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:

I'm guessing they weren't out there to actually debut, and they're sent back to the PC for several more months. They've been signed for under a year and from what I've read are pretty green. Would seem pretty early to be starting as tv regulars, unless they're just exceptionally quick learners. Having Joe take them out may have just been a way to get them on camera to see if they had any charisma and could get a reaction from the Full Sail crowd (which I don't think they did). They've got a solid look, and they're unique, but it seemed like they still have some seasoning to do in front of live crowds.

Good call. I can say from working with them that they are really nimble for their size, and were really easy to work with despite them having almost a hundred pounds on me and 5-6 inches of height. They were also both really nice and helpful and no ego to speak of.

My first camp with them I came home and told my wife I worked with two guys that will make it to wwe. Really happy for them.

Side note: they live the gimmick too, which is awesome. They had matching mustangs.
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1110 » by iMoreland » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:53 pm

I hope Tye Dillinger gets a short NXT Title run as the super babyface. Then drop the title to Big Damo as the new monster heel.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1111 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:

Good call. I can say from working with them that they are really nimble for their size, and were really easy to work with despite them having almost a hundred pounds on me and 5-6 inches of height. They were also both really nice and helpful and no ego to speak of.

My first camp with them I came home and told my wife I worked with two guys that will make it to wwe. Really happy for them.

Side note: they live the gimmick too, which is awesome. They had matching mustangs.

That's the sort of thing that could really get them over once they're ready. I noticed they both had the kinesiology tape on the same spot on their right shoulder/neck and had exact matching ring gear. The only thing differentiating them was one of them having a tat on his left bicep while the other didn't.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1112 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Pretty huge tryout going on at the PC currently, and guess who's there....

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1113 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:Pretty huge tryout going on at the PC currently, and guess who's there....

never thought that dude was all that great in the ring.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1114 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Marcus wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:Pretty huge tryout going on at the PC currently, and guess who's there....

His strength is definitely in his character and promo work. He's definitely passable in the ring, though, IMO. I think his biggest issue with getting a deal with WWE would be his conditioning. At times his body looks like absolute **** and he doesn't strike me as a guy who spends much time in the gym. Best case scenario for him would be an NXT deal. That picture does make it look like he's in pretty decent shape, in comparison to the rest of his career, but I'd still never imagine him making the main roster in WWE.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1115 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Marcus wrote:

His strength is definitely in his character and promo work. He's definitely passable in the ring, though, IMO. I think his biggest issue with getting a deal with WWE would be his conditioning. At times his body looks like absolute **** and he doesn't strike me as a guy who spends much time in the gym. Best case scenario for him would be an NXT deal. That picture does make it look like he's in pretty decent shape, in comparison to the rest of his career, but I'd still never imagine him making the main roster in WWE.

wouldn't mind him coming in as a mouthpiece for another worker.
Watch More Basketball

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,861

Post#1116 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 pm

He looks to be in good shape in that picture.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1117 » by studcrackers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 pm

guess im not familiar with him
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1118 » by Spens1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:52 am

:o :o :o :o :o

Honestly would be great so long as he keeps his name, unlike most names i don't think theirs a lot more he can do right now where he is. So going and trying out NXT is basically a low risk gamble, if it fails, he goes back no worries (like Solomon Crowe), if it works he'll really connect and be very good and probably land on the main roster

He's smallish but he may translate nicely (i can't see him winning titles or anything but he'd be solid)
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1119 » by Spens1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:57 am

iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

good god the stiffness. RIP any opponents

Interesting dynamic though, the goofy as hell Ibushi and the always serious Itami, has the makings of a sitcom to be honest.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1120 » by iMoreland » Sun Oct 2, 2016 2:49 pm

new fav team

Read on Twitter

Return to Pro Wrestling