NXT Thread II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: NXT Thread II 

Post#1441 » by Spens1 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 12:29 am

Ruzious wrote:I just don't see much of a future for a guy like Castle in the WWE. He's not at the level of guys like Owens and Roode, imo. In the Indy's, he's a star with championship possibilities. That's basically why I think it'd make more sense for him to spend his prime years in the Indy's.

i somewhat agree that he'd be coming into WWE and his peak is probably mid card at best, more than likely lower card.

Thing is, unless this New Japan promotion gets off the ground, ROH isn't doing anything with him either (i mean he should be a main eventer in ROH, i'd take him as champ over Cody Rhodes right now at least which is the way its looking like going).
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1442 » by WRau1 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 2:35 am

Castle Goldust program, please.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1443 » by iMoreland » Wed Jun 7, 2017 5:58 pm

Rumors that Hideo Itami is unhappy and is planning on going back to Japan once his contract is up.

That probably means they asked him to be in the cruiserweight division. I don't blame him if he said no, cruiserweight division is a lost cause at this point.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1444 » by improper » Wed Jun 7, 2017 7:22 pm

iMoreland wrote:Rumors that Hideo Itami is unhappy and is planning on going back to Japan once his contract is up.

That probably means they asked him to be in the cruiserweight division. I don't blame him if he said no, cruiserweight division is a lost cause at this point.

Honestly, it's probably in the best interests of both parties here. Hideo is good, but he hasn't proven that he has the ability to stay healthy, which is basically a death knell in the WWE. If he can't survive NXT's schedule, no chance he can survive that absolutely brutal main roster schedule.

That said, it seems kind of strange they'd push a guy who wasn't happy in the main event of a Takeover. I know Itami lost, but he got treated like he belonged there and put on a very competitive showing.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1445 » by WRau1 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 1:18 am

Killian Dain's new theme is pretty good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1446 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:23 am

improper wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Rumors that Hideo Itami is unhappy and is planning on going back to Japan once his contract is up.

Honestly, it's probably in the best interests of both parties here. Hideo is good, but he hasn't proven that he has the ability to stay healthy, which is basically a death knell in the WWE. If he can't survive NXT's schedule, no chance he can survive that absolutely brutal main roster schedule.

That said, it seems kind of strange they'd push a guy who wasn't happy in the main event of a Takeover. I know Itami lost, but he got treated like he belonged there and put on a very competitive showing.

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1447 » by improper » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 am

So I just rewatched the DIY/AOP match from the past Takeover and I just want to comment that one thing I absolutely love about NXT is how they use the event lighting to make their big shows feel more important. I really wish WWE took some of their production cues from NXT, because Takeovers always have that "big show" feeling, whereas WWE PPVs just feel like an episode of Raw minus the commercial breaks.

It really makes a difference when you treat PPVs like they're bigger than regular weekly programming. NXT does that. The main roster does not.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1448 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 pm

improper wrote:So I just rewatched the DIY/AOP match from the past Takeover and I just want to comment that one thing I absolutely love about NXT is how they use the event lighting to make their big shows feel more important. I really wish WWE took some of their production cues from NXT, because Takeovers always have that "big show" feeling, whereas WWE PPVs just feel like an episode of Raw minus the commercial breaks.

It really makes a difference when you treat PPVs like they're bigger than regular weekly programming. NXT does that. The main roster does not.

The difference is NXT's weekly tv production setup is somewhat bare bones in comparison to the main roster's. So when they do a Takeover and build a bigger stage and do different lighting it looks HUGE for NXT, but it's mostly relative to what we're used to seeing on the weekly show. RAW and SD Live have a much more elaborate production setup already, so unless they made every PPV setup outlandish like Mania (which would cost a **** ton of money) then it's going to look pretty much the same as what we see every week. Sure they could probably change some things with the lighting but that's about the only real change they could make from main roster weekly to main roster PPVs without spending stupid amounts of money.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1449 » by improper » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:The difference is NXT's weekly tv production setup is somewhat bare bones in comparison to the main roster's. So when they do a Takeover and build a bigger stage and do different lighting it looks HUGE for NXT, but it's mostly relative to what we're used to seeing on the weekly show. RAW and SD Live have a much more elaborate production setup already, so unless they made every PPV setup outlandish like Mania (which would cost a **** ton of money) then it's going to look pretty much the same as what we see every week. Sure they could probably change some things with the lighting but that's about the only real change they could make from main roster weekly to main roster PPVs without spending stupid amounts of money.

I think the stage is only a small part of it, though. To me, the lighting is what really sells Takeover main events. You get the event lighting which puts the crowd in darkness and instantly makes the action in the ring feel more important. It gives it a "big fight" feel as well. You also get the way they work the spotlights when they announce the fighters once they are in the ring. There's just something there that makes NXT main events feel more significant than most WWE PPV events.

Also, while not every WWE PPV event needs to look like Wrestlemania, I remember back in the Attitude Era when they used to build a custom stage for every PPV. That was awesome. It made them feel special, something that literally no WWE PPV seems to feel these days.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1450 » by iMoreland » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:17 pm

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/asuka-vs-nikki-cross-nxt-womens-title-last-woman-standing-match?sf89401530=1

Asuka (c) vs Nikki Cross in a Last Women Standing match on the June 28th episode of NXT for the NXT Women's Championship

Damn
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#1451 » by detroitKG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm

As if I needed any more reason to tune into NXT weekly...
Read on Twitter
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1452 » by iMoreland » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:57 pm

AYE MAURO. Mauro + Nigel will make a great pair.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1453 » by studcrackers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 am

Watching last nights NXT, I'm not sure I've ever seen a hot tag fail like the Ealy brothers just pulled
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#1454 » by detroitKG » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:14 pm

All Kinds of yes with this one! Had my good headphones on first listen...CHILLS.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1455 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Street Profits look promising !

Also Johnny Gargano has massive babyface potential. Wouldn't mind an NXT Title run for him before Ciampa comes back.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1456 » by WRau1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Black vs Fish was damn good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1457 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 am

DAMN. Danny Burch vs Oney Lorcan was insane
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1458 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Ealy Brothers and Brennan Williams are apparently a stable now. I kinda like it

Read on Twitter
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1459 » by studcrackers » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:55 pm

the ember moon/ruby riot match is probably my fav match from each of them. the top women of nxt have been killing it lately

and oney lorcan might be my favorite dude in nxt right now in the ring
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1460 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:41 am

iMoreland wrote:Ealy Brothers and Brennan Williams are apparently a stable now. I kinda like it

Read on Twitter

i'm intrigued. what's their gimmick exactly?

Return to Pro Wrestling