Bryan vs. Sheamus
Taker vs. Wyatt
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Re: Predict WM 31 

Post#22 » by Rhettmatic » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Maybe they can work out some sort of convoluted WM 10 scenario to get a more compelling main event than Lesnar-Reigns.

Rollins cashing in his MITB post-match seems like the most obvious outcome but they can't promote that prior to the event, and I just can't see WWE sticking with that headlining match while Reigns gets tepid crowd reactions for the next two months.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#23 » by WRau1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:48 pm

My WM prediction is that it will be bad.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#24 » by Newz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

WRau1 wrote:My WM prediction is that it will be bad.

:lol:

I also think it's going to be possibly the worst Mania card in history. I just got back into watching wrestling a few months back and I cannot believe how awful the product is. I have been watching to laugh at it more than I watch it in the regular sense of being entertained.

Lesnar vs. Reigns - I think Reigns goes over in a rather strong fashion. They'll keep this match pretty short considering Reigns is awful in the ring. I could see Rollins getting involved cash-in wise at some point. But at the end of the night I think Reigns is champion. I could also see some sort of awful stipulation that injects The Rock into this match somehow so they can try to convince fans it's reasonable to cheer for Reigns.

Cena vs. Rusev - Cena goes over... because, you know, it's smart to build a guy up just to try to prop up Cena even more. They should be letting Rusev fued with someone they want to turn into a top face (Ambrose or Ziggler come to mind... maybe even Bryan since it would be a nice 'underdog' type story) as opposed to Cena.

Sting vs. HHH - Sting wins and I'm guessing the match will be terrible. It will be kind of cool to see Sting wrestle in a WWE ring though.

Orton vs. Rollins - Rollins probably goes over. Guessing this will be the best match of the night considering Rollins is pretty damn good in the ring.

Bryan vs. Wyatt - I think Wyatt goes over unless they get desperate again like last year. It would not shock me (even though I doubt it happens) if they added the same stipulation to this match as they did to Bryan vs. HHH last year... where if Bryan wins he gets into the main event. If that was to happen they'd book Wyatt insanely strong going into Mania, I bet they'd even give him a little stable (perhaps Harper/Rowen rejoining him) in order to stack the deck against Bryan.

<Insert match with a bunch of guys in it that will be super lame> - Ziggler, Sheamus or Ambrose goes over. Maybe all three of them go over in some sort of tag team type thing. Kind of hoping Ziggler can actually get in a singles match considering he usually puts on a pretty good match.

<Random Divas match> - Paige will probably go over.

Alternative things I could see happening:

* I could see a storyline where Bryan faces Rollins for the briefcase, wins it and then uses it to get into a triple threat at Mania. Again, this is a possibility if they get desperate like last year. Still in disbelief they don't see how over Bryan is and let him actually have his run as champion. Right now he's just kind of aimlessly floating around.

* If Taker comes back I am guessing he gets involved with Wyatt to "pass the torch"... this would free up Bryan to be tacked onto one of the other matches.

* I think there is a very small chance Lesnar loses the title before Wrestlemania somehow. In that event I bet he dumps it to Rollins via screw job to set up Rollins vs. Reigns vs. MAYBE Ambrose (rumor has it that's the main event HHH likes). I think this could involve Heyman joining the Authority and end up with something like Brock vs. HHH or some awful match like Brock vs. Kane/Big Show in a handicap match.

* If the Rock is randomly going to work this card my guess is that he will take Reigns place (if they used some angle where Reigns gets hurt or something, maybe they freak out if he continues to get booed) vs. Lesnar or they will somehow use some insanely stupid angle to turn the main event into a tag-team match that's actually for the belt. I just do not see The Rock returning and them being willing to pay him to square off against anyone but Lesnar.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#25 » by WRau1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:17 pm

WWE Champ Rollins w/ Heyman v Reigns
Lesnar v Bryan
Wyatt v Undertaker
HHH v Sting
Cena v Rusev
NXT Champ Zayn v Owens
MITB for the #1 Contendership Match Ziggler v Orton v Sheamus v Barrett v Ryback v Ambrose
WWE Tag Champions The Usos v Tyson Kidd & Cesaro v The Ascension v Kane & The Big Show
preshow can be some terrible Divas match

I'd watch that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#26 » by Prince12 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:47 am

Is there a MIB ppv slated for this year? They really need to bring that back to mania.
Ascension v Dudleys v Usos tlc for the tag titles, not quite Hardys and Edge/Christian but could be good.
I'd find it pretty sad if Taker lost again but there's no real value in him beating someone like Wyatt.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#27 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 am

why do they need to bring mitb back to mania? it's far and away their best gimmick ppv
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Prince12
RealGM

Post#28 » by Prince12 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:59 am

Really? I dunno I always liked it as a showcase at mania. They wouldn't need it if they could emulate the great tag battles of the early 2000's but that doesn't look likely.
I'd be cool with a 4-way ladder match for the tag team titles, then there would be no need for mitb.
Usos v Kidd/cesaro v kofi/another member of new day v miz/mizdow..

TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#29 » by TheGameChanger » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:01 am

Another Wrestlemania Another Ziggler doesn't get his Wrestlemania moment.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,779

Post#30 » by Stannis » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:50 am

Looks like Rusev-Cena and HHH and Sting is confirmed for FastLane, so I'm not so sure it will happen at WM.

http://dailyddt.com/2015/01/26/wwe-fast ... announced/
Free Palestine
Prince12
RealGM

Post#31 » by Prince12 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:13 am

They'll probably have fast lane end in a dq to ensure super Cena gets his wrestlemania moment being the first to pin Rusev.

Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#32 » by Shemy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:20 am

Reigns vs Lesnar
Bryan/Ziggler/Sting vs Kane/Big Show/HHH
Cena vs Rusev
Orton vs Rollins
some kind of divas match
Ladder Match for tag titles Usos vs Kofi/Big E vs Ascension vs Kidd/Cesaro vs Mizdow/Miz
Andre the Giant battle Royal?
"They scared now"
Stannis
RealGM

Post#33 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:17 am

Yall forgetting Mizdow vs the Miz!
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#34 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:18 am

Shemy wrote:Bryan/Ziggler/Sting vs Kane/Big Show/HHH

I'm seriously getting sick of Kane and Big Show. They are super boring. We know they won't have any titles or anything. They are just serving as your typical "Giant".

I hope they don't even make Wrestlemania.
Free Palestine
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#35 » by TheGameChanger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 am

The Big Show is one of the biggest disappointments in wrestling history.
TRNBA12
Junior
And1: 176

Post#36 » by TRNBA12 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:44 am

Travis Knight wrote:Looks like Rusev-Cena and HHH and Sting is confirmed for FastLane, so I'm not so sure it will happen at WM.

http://dailyddt.com/2015/01/26/wwe-fast ... announced/

HHH-Sting just talking as a main event at Fast Lane, feels like it locks in a Wrestlemania match to me
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#37 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:59 am

Trips vs. Sting
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
John Cena vs. Rusev
Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt
The Usos vs. The Ascension
Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan
Nikki Bella vs. Paige
Miz vs. Damien Mizdow
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Stannis
RealGM

Post#38 » by Stannis » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 am

The card looks pretty much set by now...

I will do the order and the results just to make the prediction more fun:

(0) Some legends like the Rock, Austin, and/or Hogan will kick off with some talk
(1) Miz V. Mizdow (Mizdow)
(2) The Ascension V. Cesaro & Kidd (Cesaro & Kidd), may be a 3-4 team tag match with the Usos & Dusts added
(3) Bella V. Paige (Paige)
(4) Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Ryback, Orton V. Rollins, Harper, Kane, Big Show (Yaaawwnn at any match with Kane and Big Show, but Team Orton will win)
(5) Ambrose V. BNB V. Sheamus (Ambrose)
(6) Undertaker V. Bray Wyatt (Undertaker)
(7) John Cena V. Rusev (John Cena)
(8) HHH V. Sting (Sting)
(9) Brock Lesnar V. Roman Reigns (Reigns, but I don't think Brock will lose fair. Maybe a Heyman betrayal).
(Bonus) Rollins cashes in his Money in the Bank, the Hell in the Cell drops and Rollins beats the **** out of Reigns and becomes the new champ.
Free Palestine
Prince12
RealGM

Post#39 » by Prince12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Im going to assume we can lock in Goldust v Stardust again going by the way that ended.
Yet another multi man tag match with Kane andBjg Show would be a disgrace, we see this twice a week on tv please stop adding it to ppv's aswell.
Andre the Giant battle royal surely will be back?

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#40 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:56 pm

So I had all the obvious matches correct but the ones with any question marks I struck out at pretty much each instance. I think the main question mark now is will they hold off on the mid-card and under-card matches. Ambrose-Barrett is clearly continuing but them holding off another 5 weeks on that match is hard to see. Same thing with Goldust-Stardust. I'm actually more confident they'll hold off on Miz-Mizdow until WM because they've gone so slow with that breakup. So my updated predictions for a show I have very, very little excitement about:

Reigns-Lesnar
Sting-HHH
Undertaker-Wyatt
Cena-Rusev
Rollins-Orton
Bryan-Sheamus
Kidd and Cesaro vs The Uso's
Stardust-Goldust
Ambrose-Barrett (This or the tag match will probably be the pre-show match)
Charlotte-Nikki Bella
30 man battle royal (Sandow wins eliminating Miz last)

I think we'll have more matches than normal because a lot of the top matches probably don't go that long.

Return to Pro Wrestling