Post#221 » by tbennett5438 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:30 am

God, this company
I like the Detroit Pistons
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: Royal Rumble 2015 

Post#222 » by whysoserious » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:33 am

DRoseCantStop wrote:Last year when Bootista won it, the WWE made up for it by having Bryan win the title at WrestleMania. This time? How the hell are they gonna make up for it?

Ya dun goof'd, WWE. Reigns is not the face of the company, quit trying to make it happen.

Reigns has a ton of potential still IMO but forcing him in to that role is really setting him up for failure.

He needed a high profile feud with someone to establish himself or a few guys before being put right in to the main event. He has the look, he's shown glimpses of the personality, his ring work could use some work but he's got the things there. This push though could kill him where he never really hits that mark to get up there and carry the company.

When the Shield debuted, we all thought Ambrose was the future, now Rollins has moved ahead of both and they've kind of dicked around Ambrose and are forcing Reigns up a level.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#223 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:38 am

Shemy wrote:to me it looked like the higher ups knew the way the philly crowd was gonna react hence the way they booked it....Bryan being eliminated early, the way ziggler was eliminated and having the rock come in to make the save

so Rusev-Cena, HHH-Sting, Brock-Reings

I think there thought process was we'll get rid of Bryan early and by the time the match got to its home stretch the crowd would be back up. And then by the very end it was Reigns and a bunch of heels. They thought by the time they eliminated Ambrose the fans would cheer for Reigns at least as a lesser of two evils kind of thing and Rock was there to just give him a rub. All of this was so Reigns wouldn't get crapped on and it didn't work and I don't think it would've been that difficult to foresee it not working.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#224 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:42 am

I just remembered they were hyping a SCSA interview with HHH on February 2nd after Raw. That interview just got a lot more interesting.
TRNBA12
Junior
And1: 176

Post#225 » by TRNBA12 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:55 am

Could there be a possibility that this is like JBL ripping The Ascension and the now obvious New Day heel turn and a seemingly dumb move that was actually their plan all along. Maybe they wanted Reigns winning the Rumble over Bryan, Ziggler, etc. to be outrageously unpopular to set up a future storyline? (it's a stretch, admittedly)
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,896

Post#226 » by Stannis » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:56 am

Truth be told, I like Reigns. But he's still raw. Maybe they should have gave him the US/Intercontinental title for a while. He sill needs build up, especially on the mic.

Lastly, he just can't be the one to beat Lesnar.... I got a feeling they are going to do that and make Reigns the new "Monster" once Lesnar loses and retires. And have a guy like Heyman next to him to make up for his mic skillz.
Free Palestine
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#227 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:11 am

Travis Knight wrote:Truth be told, I like Reigns. But he's still raw. Maybe they should have gave him the US/Intercontinental title for a while. He sill needs build up, especially on the mic.

Lastly, he just can't be the one to beat Lesnar.... I got a feeling they are going to do that and make Reigns the new "Monster" once Lesnar loses and retires. And have a guy like Heyman next to him to make up for his mic skillz.

I think Reigns is more likely than not to be the biggest star in the WWE in five years and for that to be the case he'll have earned that spot. But I feel less strongly about that position than I did three hours ago because he's not ready right now in pretty much any phase and doing what they did is the kind of thing that could destroy him and stunt his growth.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#228 » by jade_hippo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:24 am

Lesnar puts out 17 suplexes on Reigns, Jack Tunney is force to ban Lesnar from the WWF because he's too dangerous and the title is vacated at WM31
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#229 » by WRau1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 am

Lol, we get 2+ months of Reigns promos going into the WM main event. Heyman v Reigns, apparently that's whats best for business.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#230 » by Newz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:37 am

WRau1 wrote:Lol, we get 2+ months of Reigns promos going into the WM main event. Heyman v Reigns, apparently that's whats best for business.

Arguably the best guy on the stick ever vs. a guy who can't cut a promo. Arguably the best/most impressive athlete in wrestling history vs. a guy who can't wrestle.

Should be fun to watch, I guess. By that I mean it will be super funny because of how bad it will be.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#231 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:37 am

Shaazzam wrote:ambrose will pick the crowd back up

so much for that
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
TRNBA12
Junior

Post#232 » by TRNBA12 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:39 am

Newz wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Lol, we get 2+ months of Reigns promos going into the WM main event. Heyman v Reigns, apparently that's whats best for business.

Arguably the best guy on the stick ever vs. a guy who can't cut a promo. Arguably the best/most impressive athlete in wrestling history vs. a guy who can't wrestle.

Should be fun to watch, I guess. By that I mean it will be super funny because of how bad it will be.

Well they'll probably get Rock to be Reigns manager and promo guy, if Rock is available
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#233 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:41 am

MistyMountain20 wrote:
safi wrote:
MistyMountain20 wrote:I was gonna joke about them using their "Daniel Bryan get out of jail card", that would be weak IMO. I think they have to somehow throw Seth Rollins in there, but then the crowd will probably chant for him. This looks like a mess.

If you really think about how Bryan got into the match last year it was pretty stupid. But we gave them a pass because how he got into the match was pretty immaterial it was getting him into the match.

It was, but it was sold well. Here we'd have DB saying, "hey I never got my rematch, nevermind I didn't mention that when I came back, now I want to call dibs on that". The only way that could work IMO is if DB was eliminated under dubious circumstances.

One scenario that occurred to me is Lesnar's being advertised for the February PPV and maybe they do Lesnar-Bryan at that PPV. This gives them the option of doing a logical scenario to involve Bryan in the title picture and also buys them a few weeks to see if this Reigns reaction was an anomaly or a trend. If tonight was an anomaly and Reigns gets over as a babyface then Lesnar beats Bryan and if he doesn't you probably do a cheap finish and then insert Bryan into the title match at WM.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#234 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:41 am

Rich Rane wrote:
realguile wrote:never heard booos like this on a ppv/tv before.

My goodness. i feel bad for roman.

I still don't know why they are booing him so loudly.

b/c this isnt what the crowd f*cking wanted. not that hard to figure out
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#235 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 am

TheWig wrote:last year's was way worse when BOOtista won the rumble

no it wasn't, this was so much worse
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#236 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 am

Rich Rane wrote:
dr3am wrote:I love The Rock..But why is he helping out Reigns again? And judging by the comments on this thread i'm guessing people wanted Daniel Bryan or Dolph to win?

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't mind Reigns.

most here dont mind him. but you don't want the guy you "dont mind" being in the f*ckin main event at wrestlemania. he's not ready
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#237 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:45 am

safi wrote:They haven't brought up the fact that Bryan never really lost the title and I've wondered if they've been keeping that in there back pocket in case Reigns' reactions continue as they were tonight so they can do something to get Bryan into the match.

it's certainly a thought i guess. but hell, did orton ever get his rematch?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#238 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 am

Travis Knight wrote:Yea that post interview was terrible. Not sure what they were going for....

Not sure what they are going to do with Reigns. It might have just been the Philly crowd, but if other crowds are the same, they might take Reigns off somehow or make Wrestlemania a Triple Threat.

be curious how tomorrows crowd is. it's in new jersey so it can be pretty hostile
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#239 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:51 am

safi wrote:
Travis Knight wrote:Yea that post interview was terrible. Not sure what they were going for....

Not sure what they are going to do with Reigns. It might have just been the Philly crowd, but if other crowds are the same, they might take Reigns off somehow or make Wrestlemania a Triple Threat.

The most anti-Reigns cities are the same as the most anti-Cena cities: NYC, Philly, Toronto, Washington DC and Chicago. You can throw Boston in there as well which should be as anti-Cena as the others but isn't because he's from there. The problem is Reigns doesn't have the half of the crowd that loves him.

juries out on that. say it was held in dallas or st. louis or something, i think you'd get a bi-partisan reaction to roman winning at worst
TRNBA12
Junior

Post#240 » by TRNBA12 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:55 am

This is my contrarian side speaking and I'm probably gonna be wrong but I'm gonna call it now. WWE long term plan with Reigns is for him to be a heel and this was done on purpose. Reigns will be The Authority's hand-picked champion like how young HHH was in the pocket of the McMahons. They wanted people to throw hate on Reigns and love on Bryan tonight for when in 6 months Bryan is top face in the company and Reigns is top heel

Return to Pro Wrestling