Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Re: WWE TV Thread XIX 

Post#1921 » by Latrell » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they've made it explicitly clear whether Bryan can use his save in the finale. It would be pretty ridiculous if he could because at that point he's not saving anybody he's picking a winner.

I don't think a guy is walking out of that match with both titles. I think we get some sort of screwy finish or a MITB cash-in, or maybe Sheamus cashes in the following night.

Probably right on both topics. The thought of Sheamus cashing in makes me want to vomit. I hope he's the 2nd guy to ever fail to cash in. Sandow actually would have been an awesome cash in success but Sheamus will seriously make me upset.

I think the one thing that might actually push Josh over ZZ next week is the fact that they're wrestling in their very first LIVE match. Fans are going to see how horrible ZZ is and they might finally realize "hey I don't want to watch this garbage on RAW. Let's vote for the big guy that actually has some athleticism and looks cool, and can kinda work his way around the ring a little." Same goes for the Amanda/Sara Lee situation. Throwing them all in matches is a good way to explicitly show fans, "these 2 suck, stop voting for them!"

I forget Sheamus is the MITB winner sometimes. Easily the worst MITB winner of all time..they've done absolutely nothing with him since.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,861

Post#1922 » by Stanford » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:30 pm

They did nothing with DB when he won it. He was losing to Sin Cara and Ted Dibiase on Smackdown. I guess the difference there is that he was eligible to cash in for a lesser title. I can't imagine Sheamus being the top champion in the company at this point.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1923 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Fall is there lull season having to compete with Monday Night Football so I could see them putting the title on Sheamus just because between Sheamus, Orton, Cena and Rollins it gives you 3-4 months of B-PPV matches and then you're at the Rumble and thing can start getting interesting again.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1924 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:34 pm

A Minnesota Vikings executive mentioned, I think inadvertently, that WM would be coming to Minneapolis soon. The rumor's been that 33 would in Minneapolis for around a year. If it happens and I'm still living where I'm living I think I'll end up going. I don't live anywhere near Minneapolis but I figure its never going to happen in Green Bay because they don't have the lodging to accommodate something like this and I'm guessing it probably won't happen in Chicago since Soldier Field doesn't have a retractable roof.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1925 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:56 pm

safi wrote:A Minnesota Vikings executive mentioned, I think inadvertently, that WM would be coming to Minneapolis soon. The rumor's been that 33 would in Minneapolis for around a year. If it happens and I'm still living where I'm living I think I'll end up going. I don't live anywhere near Minneapolis but I figure its never going to happen in Green Bay because they don't have the lodging to accommodate something like this and I'm guessing it probably won't happen in Chicago since Soldier Field doesn't have a retractable roof.

If it's in Minneapolis, you can guarantee the plan is Brock in the main event (most likely for the world heavyweight title).

If it ever comes to Indianapolis again, I'll definitely be going. I went to Wrestlemania 8 back when it was held at the Hoosier Dome, but I'd love to experience the whole fan access stuff they do now. We hosted the Super Bowl a few years ago, so we can definitely handle Mania. Lucas Oil Stadium holds at least 68,000, and the city got rave reviews for hosting the Super Bowl. I don't know if they'll ever come back here again for Mania but I'm hopeful.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1926 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:00 pm

safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they've made it explicitly clear whether Bryan can use his save in the finale. It would be pretty ridiculous if he could because at that point he's not saving anybody he's picking a winner.

I don't think a guy is walking out of that match with both titles. I think we get some sort of screwy finish or a MITB cash-in, or maybe Sheamus cashes in the following night.

Probably right on both topics. The thought of Sheamus cashing in makes me want to vomit. I hope he's the 2nd guy to ever fail to cash in. Sandow actually would have been an awesome cash in success but Sheamus will seriously make me upset.

I think the one thing that might actually push Josh over ZZ next week is the fact that they're wrestling in their very first LIVE match. Fans are going to see how horrible ZZ is and they might finally realize "hey I don't want to watch this garbage on RAW. Let's vote for the big guy that actually has some athleticism and looks cool, and can kinda work his way around the ring a little." Same goes for the Amanda/Sara Lee situation. Throwing them all in matches is a good way to explicitly show fans, "these 2 suck, stop voting for them!"

Sheamus winning the title seems like it goes against every booking rule, you don't move the title from one heel to a lesser heel. But they may view this as the exception as Cena winning then Sheamus cashing in opens up a lot of possibilities. You've got Sheamus with the title and Rollins, Cena and probably Orton with claims to a match with him. But that doesn't mean you should put the title on him.

Josh has gotten a higher vote total than ZZ a couple times. And you figure most of the people that voted for Tanner, Josh was probably there second choice. So I'd consider Josh to be the favorite next week anyway. And ZZ pretty much always comes off not looking great, but they're not being subtle about it at all anymore. On the show he came off looking bad, but on the post show they were ravaging him. It got to the point that I almost had sympathy for him, almost being the operative word. We have a difference of opinion about Amanda and Sara and I think Sara will win and if I were in there shoes I'd want her to win.

That's a good point. I watched Tough Talk today and they were definitely laying it on pretty heavy on ZZ, but it was all warranted and very true. They're definitely not being subtle about trying to get the fans to stop voting for him. I about **** a brick when Amanda dropped the bomb about Sara being a ring rat. I legitimately almost did a spit take at that. Sara's denial was pretty half hearted, like she didn't know what to say about it. Might be true, might just be a slick move by Amanda to try to turn the fans on Sara.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1927 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:A Minnesota Vikings executive mentioned, I think inadvertently, that WM would be coming to Minneapolis soon. The rumor's been that 33 would in Minneapolis for around a year. If it happens and I'm still living where I'm living I think I'll end up going. I don't live anywhere near Minneapolis but I figure its never going to happen in Green Bay because they don't have the lodging to accommodate something like this and I'm guessing it probably won't happen in Chicago since Soldier Field doesn't have a retractable roof.

If it's in Minneapolis, you can guarantee the plan is Brock in the main event (most likely for the world heavyweight title).

If it ever comes to Indianapolis again, I'll definitely be going. I went to Wrestlemania 8 back when it was held at the Hoosier Dome, but I'd love to experience the whole fan access stuff they do now. We hosted the Super Bowl a few years ago, so we can definitely handle Mania. Lucas Oil Stadium holds at least 68,000, and the city got rave reviews for hosting the Super Bowl. I don't know if they'll ever come back here again for Mania but I'm hopeful.

I think you're definitely right about Brock. This past Raw might've been the beginning of them establishing Brock as a Minnesota guy. Because they laid it on really thick and Brock's been back for almost 3.5 years now and they go to Minneapolis pretty regularly and I think he was at one of the previous Minneapolis shows.

I'd go if it was in Indy as well, Minneapolis is about twice as far away from me as Indy. I'd go if it was in Cleveland or Cincy (although both of those are outdoor arenas) as well. But I don't know when that'll ever happen. For obvious reasons they're partial to warm weather cities and so if they come anywhere near my area I gotta do it even if its a really long drive because who knows the next time the opportunity will arise.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1928 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:

Sheamus winning the title seems like it goes against every booking rule, you don't move the title from one heel to a lesser heel. But they may view this as the exception as Cena winning then Sheamus cashing in opens up a lot of possibilities. You've got Sheamus with the title and Rollins, Cena and probably Orton with claims to a match with him. But that doesn't mean you should put the title on him.

Josh has gotten a higher vote total than ZZ a couple times. And you figure most of the people that voted for Tanner, Josh was probably there second choice. So I'd consider Josh to be the favorite next week anyway. And ZZ pretty much always comes off not looking great, but they're not being subtle about it at all anymore. On the show he came off looking bad, but on the post show they were ravaging him. It got to the point that I almost had sympathy for him, almost being the operative word. We have a difference of opinion about Amanda and Sara and I think Sara will win and if I were in there shoes I'd want her to win.

That's a good point. I watched Tough Talk today and they were definitely laying it on pretty heavy on ZZ, but it was all warranted and very true. They're definitely not being subtle about trying to get the fans to stop voting for him. I about **** a brick when Amanda dropped the bomb about Sara being a ring rat. I legitimately almost did a spit take at that. Sara's denial was pretty half hearted, like she didn't know what to say about it. Might be true, might just be a slick move by Amanda to try to turn the fans on Sara.

That was definitely jaw-dropping and Sara's response was weak. But that's a hard thing to respond to in the sense that you're natural reaction would probably be to curse the person out or take a swing at them, both of which would probably get you kicked off the show. That, plus one of the stories of the episode was her trying to get inside Sara's head my guess is this was more of that.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1929 » by Latrell » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 pm

safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:

I think you're definitely right about Brock. This past Raw might've been the beginning of them establishing Brock as a Minnesota guy. Because they laid it on really thick and Brock's been back for almost 3.5 years now and they go to Minneapolis pretty regularly and I think he was at one of the previous Minneapolis shows.

I'd go if it was in Indy as well, Minneapolis is about twice as far away from me as Indy. I'd go if it was in Cleveland or Cincy (although both of those are outdoor arenas) as well. But I don't know when that'll ever happen. For obvious reasons they're partial to warm weather cities and so if they come anywhere near my area I gotta do it even if its a really long drive because who knows the next time the opportunity will arise.

Well they did WM at the new Giants stadium so it being an outdoor arena might not matter as much as you'd think....although you can't really compare NYC to Cincy or Cleveland either.

Has WM even come to Indianapolis since we got Lucas Oil? We've had Final Fours, Super Bowls, Big time College Football games but no WM yet. Long overdue I'd say.

Should get it before Minneapolis who's stadium isn't even complete yet.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#1930 » by jr lucosa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Maybe we can get one in Milwaukee once we get our new stadium built?

Wishful thinking and not very probable at all, they dont even give us RAW when they come to our state.

One can dream though.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1931 » by Latrell » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:42 pm

jr lucosa wrote:Maybe we can get one in Milwaukee once we get our new stadium built?

Wishful thinking and not very probable at all, they dont even give us RAW when they come to our state.

One can dream though.

What's wrong with Miller Park?

They'd do it there before the new Bucks arena which won't seat more than 20,000 which doesn't cut it for Mania.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1932 » by jr lucosa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Fair point.

Miller Park is a nice stadium, but about 15 years old now and im not sure what the incentive would be to bring it here when there are new stadiums popping up all the time in bigger markets.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1933 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Miller Park's capacity is like 45K I think and the basketball arena will be a basketball arena. I think any building that has a capacity under 65K is a non-starter
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1934 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Latrell wrote:
safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:

Well they did WM at the new Giants stadium so it being an outdoor arena might not matter as much as you'd think....although you can't really compare NYC to Cincy or Cleveland either.

Has WM even come to Indianapolis since we got Lucas Oil? We've had Final Fours, Super Bowls, Big time College Football games but no WM yet. Long overdue I'd say.

Should get it before Minneapolis who's stadium isn't even complete yet.

I think its a rule that they won't do it in an outdoor cold weather stadium. But for every rule there's an exception and Giants stadium was that exception. I don't think they'd ever do it at Soldier Field or Lincoln Financial or Redskins Stadium.

Lucas Oil hasn't had it. They've had the Final Four twice in that time and the two weekends are often the same and venues will take the Final Four every time. I think Lucas Oil will probably not get Mania anytime soon because there's nothing about the stadium or Indianapolis that makes it super attractive to WWE. Minneapolis' stadium is brand new and other than Vikings games, WM 33 might be the first major sporting event held at the stadium and WWE loves stuff like that.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1935 » by jr lucosa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:47 pm

I cant recall WWE ever doing anything at Miller Park anyway.

Ill settle for ppvs on a more regular basis. Last one we had was EC 2012 and it was Taboo Tuesday 2004 before that.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,861

Post#1936 » by Stanford » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:25 am

Tanner has made me like him the last few weeks. I think he gets what needs to be done, he just didn't have enough time to figure out how to do it. Josh, I think, is the opposite. He's doing the stuff he needs to do, but I'm not sure he even knows he's doing them. Both would have been worthy as finalists.

ZZ stinks.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#1937 » by Shaazzam » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:14 am

sasha banks is **** hot
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#1938 » by Max Green » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
jr lucosa wrote:In case you missed it

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-l2NbcAxYw[/youtube]

Best thing I've seen on RAW in quite some time. Kudos to Barrett for getting into the gimmick. I don't want this storyline to ever go away. It's a shame it'll be gone after this Sunday.

Yeah, Cody has been on fire as Stardust for awhile now, I hope they keep him and Barrett together as a team. Arrow also cut a great promo backstage last week when he asked for the match at Summerslam.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1939 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:28 pm

safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:

That was definitely jaw-dropping and Sara's response was weak. But that's a hard thing to respond to in the sense that you're natural reaction would probably be to curse the person out or take a swing at them, both of which would probably get you kicked off the show. That, plus one of the stories of the episode was her trying to get inside Sara's head my guess is this was more of that.

Gotta give Sara credit for taking so much criticism and still hanging in there. ZZ's taken a lot too, but everyone likes his personality and wants to be his friend. With Sara - the coaches and pretty much all the contestants have trashed everything about her - a couple of the coaches seem to genuinely hate her because of her smiling, and now Amanda's calling her a ring rat. She's got no allies. And she still needs a ton of training. That's got to suck. Frankly, the WWE can't be happy that it's down to her and Amanda for the female spot. Sara's so far away from being able to do anything, and Amanda's talents don't make up for her being a poor choice to represent the WWE brand.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#1940 » by Vandal Savage » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Shaazzam wrote:sasha banks is **** hot

Yes

Return to Pro Wrestling