Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,749

Wrestlemania |> 2015 

Post#521 » by spykelee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Great discussion fella's!

After sleeping on it and now finally getting a chance to watch the Andre the giant battle royal and the tag match I would also give it a b.

Hhh and sting didn't really do much for me. I don't care about sting that much anymore and though the nostalgia was cool.. It added little to a very underwhelming match which shouldn't have been that surprising to anyone leading up to it.

Thinking of h this morning. How many mania's do you think we see him in before all is said and done?

I mean the guy power lifts and body builds incessantly. Could he go another 15-20 years of just mania appearances? It's kind of crazy to think of his mark on this business when all is said and done and that's only his in ring career...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: Wrestlemania |> 2015 

Post#522 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:45 pm

spykelee wrote:Great discussion fella's!

After sleeping on it and now finally getting a chance to watch the Andre the giant battle royal and the tag match I would also give it a b.

Hhh and sting didn't really do much for me. I don't care about sting that much anymore and though the nostalgia was cool.. It added little to a very underwhelming match which shouldn't have been that surprising to anyone leading up to it.

Thinking of h this morning. How many mania's do you think we see him in before all is said and done?

I mean the guy power lifts and body builds incessantly. Could he go another 15-20 years of just mania appearances? It's kind of crazy to think of his mark on this business when all is said and done and that's only his in ring career...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

At his current rate, I could see him competing a couple times a year, at a high level for about another 5 years, and then the quality will probably start tapering off. 5 years would put him at 50 years old, and having been a pro wrestler for 23 years.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
TRNBA12
Junior
And1: 176

Post#523 » by TRNBA12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Fantastic Wrestlemania. If I had to pick hairs:

- Undertaker Bray felt like an Undertaker Wrestlemania match on autopilot with the typical Undertaker signature moves, kick out of finishers, etc. Undertaker and Sting's strengths/weaknesses were inverse at this show for me. Undertaker looked awesome but moved really old and sluggish for me for his standards. Sting moved and worked as well as I could hope but his look was a huge avoidable failure by the WWE, after making him look like a badass on Raw, etc., the combination of showing what his chest looks like and his hair like that, made him look old and not a threat. I liked the HHH-Sting match overall a lot. I understand criticism about overbooking but up until that point in the match it wasn't heading in a classic direction work wise, so why not make it goofy and crazy? How fun this match is for non wrestling reasons, is this Wrestlemania's equivalent of Shane v Vince at WM17

- John Cena and Rusev was a good match but I felt like they handcuffed it by future plans. By making Lana interfere it kept Rusev stronger than if he lost straight up and personally although I usually don't like kicking out of finishers, making Rusev lose on one AA when he hadn't taken all that much damage up to that point in the match felt abrupt to me and almost like the reason he lost was being momentarily stunned enough for a L instead of "dead". I thought he would kick out and the match would have 5 more exciting minutes before another the definitive AA or STF to finally beat Rusev. Feels like Cena vs Rusev 3 happens at Extreme Rules.

- The Divas match: I've been a big fan of the build for this match but in a Wrestlemania full of fantastic matches, this match couldn't help but feel like a class below and could've used a storytelling twist to make it more interesting like one of the teams breaking out into a fight during it (on the Grantland Cheap Heat podcast they suggested the Bellas start feuding too and then the next few PPVs they have alternating tag team matches like AJ/Brie vs Paige/Nikki or AJ/Nikki vs Paige/Brie until it finally ends in a 4 way title feud. I liked that idea a lot)

Other than that and perhaps Reigns kicking out of so many F5s, I can't complain about much, it was consistently strong enough that the ladder match doesn't stand and that was a standout match on almost any other night. I'm fine with Big Show winning the Battle Royale as there's a place for "realistic" results especially when trying to make a new event legitimate. I guess they could have made Miz and Mizdow team up to eliminate Big Show first and then have Mizdow eliminate Miz last, if they wanted to make Mizdow win and have it be more believable. Their treatment of Roman Reigns in the main event was absolutely perfect giving him sympathy for the beating he takes and his emotional connection during that match and making him rally against Brock to be in a believable way. At the same time pushing Rollins as champ makes sense right now because Rollins is really a complete all around talent compared to Reigns with both the in ring and talking skills
TaxiDriver
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#524 » by TaxiDriver » Mon Apr 6, 2015 4:01 pm

For my money, Sting / HHH was match of the night. it was just FUN. That said, Reigns vs Brock was pretty damn cool.

Return to Pro Wrestling