Elimination Chamber 2015

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: Elimination Chamber 2015 

Post#101 » by studcrackers » Tue Jun 2, 2015 2:24 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:A bit late, but just some thoughts I had through out the event.

- The pre-show of Stardust vs. Ryder depressed me. Ryder deserved a lot more when he was over, now the pop's he used to get have fizzled out and it's all WWE's fault for not going with it. These are two wrestlers that deserve bigger pushes and better gimmicks.

- Tag Team match was good, some of the spots were awkwardly timed but a very good opener.

- Good Divas match, a bit rushed though. They deserve more than 6minutes.

- Say what you want about Cena, but he puts on some GREAT matches and has done so for quite some time now. I'm really gladthey made Steen go over with a CLEAN win. Wow, very well booked match. I hope they do a title for title match in 2 weeks with the re-match. I would love for Steen to go over again (he will always be Kevin Steen to me)

- Neville is already 'Meh" to me. He's basically this year's Evan Bourne. I like the Bo Dallas character a lot more.

- Very crappy IC title match. It made no sense. Sheamus wanting to get out of the POD, as it was stuck, made for a horrible little angle. Why would a heel want to get involved in a Chamber match no less? IT makes no sense for the a heel character to be in such an impatient rush.

- ..... I think Ambrose is really overrated tbh.

Uhh, they made it pretty obvious Sheamus didn't wanna get in that match, he had that necklace thing of his keeping him in the pod.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#102 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:14 pm

studcrackers wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:A bit late, but just some thoughts I had through out the event.

- The pre-show of Stardust vs. Ryder depressed me. Ryder deserved a lot more when he was over, now the pop's he used to get have fizzled out and it's all WWE's fault for not going with it. These are two wrestlers that deserve bigger pushes and better gimmicks.

- Tag Team match was good, some of the spots were awkwardly timed but a very good opener.

- Good Divas match, a bit rushed though. They deserve more than 6minutes.

- Say what you want about Cena, but he puts on some GREAT matches and has done so for quite some time now. I'm really gladthey made Steen go over with a CLEAN win. Wow, very well booked match. I hope they do a title for title match in 2 weeks with the re-match. I would love for Steen to go over again (he will always be Kevin Steen to me)

- Neville is already 'Meh" to me. He's basically this year's Evan Bourne. I like the Bo Dallas character a lot more.

- Very crappy IC title match. It made no sense. Sheamus wanting to get out of the POD, as it was stuck, made for a horrible little angle. Why would a heel want to get involved in a Chamber match no less? IT makes no sense for the a heel character to be in such an impatient rush.

- ..... I think Ambrose is really overrated tbh.

Uhh, they made it pretty obvious Sheamus didn't wanna get in that match, he had that necklace thing of his keeping him in the pod.

....Yeah, that really made a lot of sense.

That whole bit was just stupid.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#103 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Jun 2, 2015 8:31 pm

travisjordan wrote:
Stanford wrote:I love this. Gave everyone a taste of Ambrose as champ.

Agreed. I'd say this is pretty comparable to what happened when Jericho took the title from HHH on Raw back in 2000.

That's exactly what I thought it was too when I was watching it on Sunday. Felt extremely similar. I think the pop that Ambrose got after winning the title was sort of the disbelief/shock quality, just like the Jericho one was in 2000.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,361

Post#104 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 1:37 pm

Neville is already 'Meh" to me. He's basically this year's Evan Bourne. I like the Bo Dallas character a lot more.

I guess for the main roster Neville is Meh. He most definitely fits better with the NXT roster/crowd. That's where you can still get over on in ring ability moreso than character/mic skills. He's much more built than Bourne was though
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#105 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Jun 3, 2015 7:51 pm

Dominater wrote:

Neville is already 'Meh" to me. He's basically this year's Evan Bourne. I like the Bo Dallas character a lot more.

I guess for the main roster Neville is Meh. He most definitely fits better with the NXT roster/crowd. That's where you can still get over on in ring ability moreso than character/mic skills. He's much more built than Bourne was though

MUCH. He looks like he ate Evan Bourne for his protein supplement.

I don't find him "meh" at all on the main roster. His match with Cena a few weeks ago was freaking incredible. Just because they haven't shined a spotlight on his character yet doesn't make him "meh" in my opinion.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,361

Post#106 » by Dominator83 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 12:59 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
Dominater wrote:

I don't find him "meh" at all on the main roster. His match with Cena a few weeks ago was freaking incredible. Just because they haven't shined a spotlight on his character yet doesn't make him "meh" in my opinion.

Oh I agree I like Neville. I guess I should've worded my response better. I just meant that I can see where he can get the "meh" label on a WWE roster because their fans seem to discriminate more against guys that aren't mic savvy even though they can go in the ring. NXT has much more of an independent feel like an ROH crowd, where they appreciate performance in the ring more.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#107 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Jun 4, 2015 7:01 am

Dominater wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
Dominater wrote:I guess for the main roster Neville is Meh. He most definitely fits better with the NXT roster/crowd. That's where you can still get over on in ring ability moreso than character/mic skills. He's much more built than Bourne was though

Oh I agree I like Neville. I guess I should've worded my response better. I just meant that I can see where he can get the "meh" label on a WWE roster because their fans seem to discriminate more against guys that aren't mic savvy even though they can go in the ring. NXT has much more of an independent feel like an ROH crowd, where they appreciate performance in the ring more.

^and that's exactly why I described him as "meh". I'm not saying he's exactly like Evan Bourne, I think you guys are taking that comparison too literally as far as comparing their body types, lol. But Evan Bourne was getting a lot of love from the IWC, after his match with Cena (tag), and match against Orton, similar high flying style, too.

I like characters/gimmicks a lot more, I enjoy wrestlers that can go in the ring but they need a personality. Bo Dallas has a gimmick that I enjoy, and his angle with Neville was a lot better in NXT. WWE just gives up on guys whose gimmick don't go over with a bad crowd. The NXT crowd is great. But the call-ups have been very hit or miss.

Adam Rose old gimmick was better. The Ascension were a lot better in NXT, Emma actually gets some In ring time in NXT. But on the main roster they're nothing. Another sign of vince losing his touch?
Thank you Clutch0z24

Return to Pro Wrestling