2015 Summerslam Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Re: 2015 Summerslam Thread 

Post#141 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:12 am

Y'all really think Lesnar-'Taker happens at Wrestlemania again? I think it'll go down in one of the next few PPVs, like HIAC or Survivor Series, maybe the Rumble.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#142 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:17 am

I've argued against a Reigns heel turn a lot on here but I think after tonight I've come around that he should turn. If the choice is him or Ambrose turning on the other he should be the one because at least half the crowd will cheer for Ambrose regardless so why not just have the other half do it as well. But more than that, Reigns isn't Cena. None of us know how Cena feels in his heart of hearts but in all his public appearances he doesn't let the half of the crowd that doesn't like him bother him and Reigns has way thinner skin than Cena. I think the only way he becomes a huge babyface is with a major heel run and cut the "Die Rocky die" promo and get whatever resentment he has with the fans out of his system.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#143 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:37 am

Also I don't think I'll get many people pushing back on this but knowing how its played out Owens should've beaten Cena last month. It didn't have to (and shouldn't have been) clean, Owens with a kick to the balls or hooking the tights or foot on the ropes or chair shot or whatever but he should've won. Being title for title did add to the build of Cena-Rollins but I think if they'd really played up Cena becoming 16-time champ instead of it being a secondary or really tertiary part of that feud it wouldn't have lost much overall. And Owens was the right type of guy for Cena to lose it to and the commentary team tried to play up the stakes in Owens-Cesaro but it seemed lacking and if the US Title was at stake it would've been a much better build.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#144 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:41 am

So how long does Rollins hold on to the US title? I'm thinking Cesaro or Owens will have that title soon.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#145 » by Stanford » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 am

The real question is, how does Rollins lose the US title without losing the WWE title also?
TaiLs21
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#146 » by TaiLs21 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:48 am

studcrackers wrote:
Dirkbaka wrote:
Stanford wrote:How did everyone feel about that match?

Great match. Stupid ending.

They ruined two years worth of Brock buildup just to ruin it like this. So stupid. So typical of the past few years of booking. Stupid **** ruining everything.

Pretty much this

The finish isn't the most ideal but I don't see it as them ruining Brock at all. If anything this screwed up finish keeps him credible and it took an awkward finish, a low blow, and passing out to lose
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#147 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 am

I think Rollins loses it to a babyface pretty soon. My guess is one of these weeks, maybe even tomorrow, Rollins cuts one of these anything you can do I can do better promos at Cena and says he's doing the US Title open challenge and some babyface accepts and Cena has some sort of interference which helps the babyface win.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#148 » by MAQ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:00 am

Pretty **** endings in the two biggest matches of the night. Major fail for WWE tonight Imo. Such a shame too because both matches were pretty good.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#149 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 am

TaiLs21 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
Dirkbaka wrote:Great match. Stupid ending.

They ruined two years worth of Brock buildup just to ruin it like this. So stupid. So typical of the past few years of booking. Stupid **** ruining everything.

Pretty much this

The finish isn't the most ideal but I don't see it as them ruining Brock at all. If anything this screwed up finish keeps him credible and it took an awkward finish, a low blow, and passing out to lose

As weird as this might sound, I think you guys are all right. I don't think Brock lost anything with the way the match ended. But the way Brock has been built over the last 1.5 years the guy that eventually beats him should be a made man, Reigns wasn't ready but if he was that was the perfect archetype of guy that should eventually beat Brock. And when Lesnar does eventually lose, even if it is to a guy that fits that archetype its not going to be as impactful because of what happened at Summerslam.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#150 » by spykelee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:30 am

I thought it was a pretty decent PPV minus the obvious **** matches.

The New Day is awesome and have totally hit there groove. They needed the titles back. Good match other than the aformentioned sin cara botches. Also, what does WWE do with Darren Young specifically? Let's be honest, he doesn't offer much in the ring, has a pretty bland moveset and often times just looks awkward, but cutting him or whatever is going to come with it's share of bad publicity. It's too bad, Titus is pretty solid, but Darren just has no traction alongside him.

I don't get the hate on some of experienced Diva's. Outside of Brie, I think both Nikki and Foxy are awesome. Foxy especially. She has gotten no push or pub really ever in her career but she is solid in the ring. Love her german, and some of those kicks she can offer. Not sure why she's never gotten a push. Loved that crazy gimmick she was rocking several months back...

Cena vs Rollins was pretty good, though these two guys aren't the best stylistic match ups they still did a decent job. Did not dig Seth's new ring gear, but that aside, I loved seeing him dig into the well for some of those other moves. Gotta love the indy guys. Always keeping it fresh. Happy to see him pick up the W. Cena will get 16 but not yet.

Taker and Brock... screwy finish but not surprising really. They had to do something for Taker to win and keep Brock strong. I agree with Stanfordstandout in that you can't do a WM rematch without a taker win. The booking accomplished what they needed too.

Pretty decent PPV overall. Wish the Miz pulled out the W tonight. His opportunistic character is growing on me. Certainly more than Show and Ryback.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#151 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:08 am

Summerslam 2015 thoughts:

First off, NXT Takeover was fantastic. And may have actually been the better event as far as matches go.

- The Orton-Sheamus match was alright, but it was nothing new. The Sheamus-Orton feud is really stale to me now, and it seems like it'll go for maybe one more special event since they're split 1-1. Decent match though, but I did not like it being the opener for the second PPV in a row.

- New Day are awesome. This gimmick has been great, Xaiver Woods is fantastic during matches and cutting promos at ringside. He's hilarious and entertaining. Really glad the real mega dad of the year is getting some shine to grow as a heel. Kofi has always been one of the most consistent performers on the roster but who was always stuck as a mid-card face. This is a great direction for him and Xaiver, and even Big E is starting to grow on me more.

Never liked PTP as faces, and they're kind of bland as a team to me tbh. Los Matadores need to go back to being The Colons, and Kalisto continues to stand out when WWE gives him ring time. Gotta pair him up with a manager I feel though, someone to speak for the Lucha Dragons. They''re an exciting team, and I hope the New Day feud with them after PTP.

- Ziggler-Rusev wasn't something I expected much from. At least WWE used this match to further build the feud with Rusev and Lana. I think Ziggler/Lana are an awkward pairing, but a mixed tag match involving Summer Rae would do wonders for both ladies. This was more about Lana than it is with Ziggler, which I don't like, being a big Ziggler fan. I find Summer makes for a "hotter" dressed Lana, lol.

- Love Stephen Amell. This is one celeb match I actually enjoyed. Not a big Neville fan, but he's exciting to watch in the ring, for sure. Solid match for one that included celebrity involvement. Hopefully they end this Stardust gimmick though, I don't want to see WWE continue that gimmick just to continue this new team with Barrett.

- The Miz is fantastic. Probably the most underrated talent in the WWE tbh. He just knows how to get other people over, and that's why he's a fantastic heel. He has single handily made this feud interesting too, and while I don't think a IC title win would do much for him (he's been IC Champion many times before), I think he needs to be the one to feud with Ryback if they'll continue this. Ryback retaining was the right call. Though The Miz truly is awesome.

- The Reigns/Ambrose tag match was pretty average. I still don't buy Reigns as this main event talent WWE wants fans to invest in. "Roman's sleeping" chants were enjoyable to hear haha. But I want the Wyatt family to get Bo Dallas and actually have them start a feud they'll go over in. Bray's feuds always conclude with him not going over, and Harper needs to be utilized a lot more. He's a great talent, and one of the better "big's" WWE has as far as in ring work goes.

- WWE-US championship match was good, with a terrible ending. Jon Stewart made it so freaking obvious he's going to hit Cena, which isn't entirely his fault I guess. But he kept looking at Cena, waiting for him to get up. It was just so badly played out there at the end. Not a big fan of Stewart getting involved, but no way WWE has Cena lose clean after doing so recently to Kevin Owens. Either way, I'm glad Rollins got the win. I hope they do away with the US title, they only need one mid card title and the IC belt is fine.

- Ever since I've watched Tough Enough I can't stand Paige anymore. It's not even how she is on the show, it's how much of a botch fest she is in the ring. Very sloppy wrestler, and I like Becky and Charlotte a lot more from the group. The match was not as good as NXT Women's match, but Sasha Banks is the future of the division. She does all the little things that make a great heel, and she made me a huge fan this weekend. Good on her. The funny thing is, the most talented member of "Team Bella" is the person who is not a Bella. Alicia Fox is the best seller in the women's division, and one of the most athletic. She had a good gimmick going for her before, and I wish WWE gave her a title run then. She deserves better.

- I hope the Owens/Cesaro feud continues because they can put on a five star match when given the proper time. Owens was pulling double duty so I was not expecting them to steal the show tonight, especially being the match before the main event. You usually work the crowd a lot more in those matches and don't burn them out. Big fan of both wrestlers, match was good but we all know they can do a lot better.

- Taker/Lesnar, another good match with a very awkward ending. That would've been great if they had Lesnar go over with Taker submitting for the first time in his career. Having Lesnar be the first to break the streak and make Taker tap out would've been just fine for me. That was a terrible ending that made the show end flat and left a bad last impression on a generally solid show.
Thank you Clutch0z24
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#152 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 am

spykelee wrote:I don't get the hate on some of experienced Diva's. Outside of Brie, I think both Nikki and Foxy are awesome. Foxy especially. She has gotten no push or pub really ever in her career but she is solid in the ring. Love her german, and some of those kicks she can offer. Not sure why she's never gotten a push. Loved that crazy gimmick she was rocking several months back...

a lot of divas need to take note on how Foxy sells too. If me and you were booking this show, we would've had Foxy get the win while she was still hot with that crazy gimmick. lol

...Then I would of had a triple threat of Charlotte-Alicia Fox-Sasha Banks instead, I think I would be a lot happier. Those 3 are the most talented of their respective groups, and I hope they break up these stables soon.... Just for the sake of having Charlotte or Sasha separate themselves from the pack.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#153 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 am

Another meh PPV but it was expected with how bad the WWE writing has become....How much more days till Nikki Bella breaks AJ Lee's record? Sasha Banks needs to break away from her stupid group and get that Divas title.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#154 » by WRau1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:02 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfednB9XsU[/youtube]

That little laugh KO does when Lesnar's music hits, wonder if that means anything.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Post#155 » by MistyMountain20 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Thinking it over, I actually really like the Taker-Lesnar ending. It's a hollow win, a sad and desperate win. I don't think we saw a heel turn, I think this is his last run.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#156 » by Latrell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 pm

The Neville/Green Arrow vs Stardust/King Barrett was my favourite match of the night to be honest..
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: 2015 Summerslam Thread 

Post#157 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:12 pm

WRau1 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfednB9XsU[/youtube]

That little laugh KO does when Lesnar's music hits, wonder if that means anything.

Lol KO plays such a good prick.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#158 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:28 pm

spykelee wrote:IAlso, what does WWE do with Darren Young specifically? Let's be honest, he doesn't offer much in the ring, has a pretty bland moveset and often times just looks awkward, but cutting him or whatever is going to come with it's share of bad publicity. It's too bad, Titus is pretty solid, but Darren just has no traction alongside him.

I don't get the hate on some of experienced Diva's. Outside of Brie, I think both Nikki and Foxy are awesome. Foxy especially. She has gotten no push or pub really ever in her career but she is solid in the ring. Love her german, and some of those kicks she can offer. Not sure why she's never gotten a push. Loved that crazy gimmick she was rocking several months back...

Gotta disagree on those takes. Young is a far better in-ring worker than Titus, so they complement each other very well. There's a reason Young does almost all of the actual wrestling for that team. But yeah, if he was used as a singles rassler, I think Young would probably fail.

Brie and Nikki have improved a lot, but they're still not good in the ring. I give credit to Nikki for building her body, but Brie is simply not believable as someone who can beat a talented female rassler. That "Brie mode" thing is cringe-worthy. Fox has some good moves thanks to flexibility and does some things well but doesn't have a compelling personality - I don't think she has that "it factor".
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: 2015 Summerslam Thread 

Post#159 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
spykelee wrote:IAlso, what does WWE do with Darren Young specifically? Let's be honest, he doesn't offer much in the ring, has a pretty bland moveset and often times just looks awkward, but cutting him or whatever is going to come with it's share of bad publicity. It's too bad, Titus is pretty solid, but Darren just has no traction alongside him.

Brie is simply not believable as someone who can beat a talented female rassler. That "Brie mode" thing is cringe-worthy.

I see Brie as nothing but Nikki's cheerleader at this point. Only reason she's employed by the WWE is because of being a twin to the Divas champ and DB's wife. She sounds like a little girl when she yells out "Brie Mode"....so annoying.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#160 » by Marcus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Stanford wrote:The real question is, how does Rollins lose the US title without losing the WWE title also?

2 falls triple threat rules one title for each fall. Seth doesn't have to get pinned to lose the US belt and then he wins the second fall to keep the WWE title.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to Pro Wrestling