2015 Summerslam Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Re: 2015 Summerslam Thread 

Post#161 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:21 pm

I thought this was a really good show but 6 of the 10 matches had finishes that left me scratching my head. The 4 that made complete sense were the tag title match which was great in almost every way. I didn't care at all about the IC match but Ryback winning was the right move. Neville and Amell vs Cody and Barrett was certainly not the best match I've ever seen but it was one of the best laid out matches I've ever seen. It didn't overstay its welcome, Amell was really protected and got enough moments to shine and I loved that it was Neville that got the pin. And Cesaro-Owens was to some degree idiot-proof because even if Cesaro had won I think it would've been really easy for Owens to get his heat back but I'm not sure they would've given him that moment and this ends his losing streak at 4.

Rusev-Ziggler, I expected a DQ or a distraction or something but a double countout is lame. Sheamus-Orton, I think they've had good matches but I don't think many have interest in them and now the feud presumably continues. Ambrose and Reigns vs Wyatt and Harper, that seemed like a really definitive end to this program and I don't think the program ends especially if the rumor is true about tonight. I thought the right team went over in the women's match but who was chosen to be highlighted was weird. Becky's been the third wheel on her team and it seems like they've made a conscious decision to change that, which I think is great. But Tamina and Brie Bella? And I enjoyed Jon Stewart's interference but it was a pretty ridiculous way to end that match. And the less said about the Undertaker-Brock finish the better.
TaiLs21
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#162 » by TaiLs21 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Nikki launched herself freakin far on that spot jumping outside. Was legit worried about Sasha when it looked like she completely missed her spot
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#163 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:22 pm

TaiLs21 wrote:Was legit worried about Sasha when it looked like she completely missed her spot

Felt so bad when Sasha missed and landed on her butt lol.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,486

Post#164 » by dms269 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
spykelee wrote:I don't get the hate on some of experienced Diva's. Outside of Brie, I think both Nikki and Foxy are awesome. Foxy especially. She has gotten no push or pub really ever in her career but she is solid in the ring. Love her german, and some of those kicks she can offer. Not sure why she's never gotten a push. Loved that crazy gimmick she was rocking several months back...

a lot of divas need to take note on how Foxy sells too. If me and you were booking this show, we would've had Foxy get the win while she was still hot with that crazy gimmick. lol

...Then I would of had a triple threat of Charlotte-Alicia Fox-Sasha Banks instead, I think I would be a lot happier. Those 3 are the most talented of their respective groups, and I hope they break up these stables soon.... Just for the sake of having Charlotte or Sasha separate themselves from the pack.

I doubt you watch Total Divas, but the wife does so by default I catch some of it as well. I'm not sure how much of Alicia Fox's crazy is a gimmick.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,253

Post#165 » by Shaazzam » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Oakville_Raptor wrote:
TaiLs21 wrote:Was legit worried about Sasha when it looked like she completely missed her spot

I'd gladly kiss it better.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#166 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:

I'd gladly kiss it better.

:lol:
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#167 » by Latrell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:47 pm

safi wrote:I thought this was a really good show but 6 of the 10 matches had finishes that left me scratching my head. The 4 that made complete sense were the tag title match which was great in almost every way. I didn't care at all about the IC match but Ryback winning was the right move. Neville and Amell vs Cody and Barrett was certainly not the best match I've ever seen but it was one of the best laid out matches I've ever seen. It didn't overstay its welcome, Amell was really protected and got enough moments to shine and I loved that it was Neville that got the pin. And Cesaro-Owens was to some degree idiot-proof because even if Cesaro had won I think it would've been really easy for Owens to get his heat back but I'm not sure they would've given him that moment and this ends his losing streak at 4.

Rusev-Ziggler, I expected a DQ or a distraction or something but a double countout is lame. Sheamus-Orton, I think they've had good matches but I don't think many have interest in them and now the feud presumably continues. Ambrose and Reigns vs Wyatt and Harper, that seemed like a really definitive end to this program and I don't think the program ends especially if the rumor is true about tonight. I thought the right team went over in the women's match but who was chosen to be highlighted was weird. Becky's been the third wheel on her team and it seems like they've made a conscious decision to change that, which I think is great. But Tamina and Brie Bella? And I enjoyed Jon Stewart's interference but it was a pretty ridiculous way to end that match. And the less said about the Undertaker-Brock finish the better.

The Ziggler/Rusev feud has been one of the worst in recent memory IMO..Especially considering how bankable both superstars are. It's hard not hate Rusev and just as hard not to love Dolph..this feud has me not caring about either of them.

The only good thing about it was when Rusev threw the fish..
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#168 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Latrell wrote:
safi wrote:I thought this was a really good show but 6 of the 10 matches had finishes that left me scratching my head. The 4 that made complete sense were the tag title match which was great in almost every way. I didn't care at all about the IC match but Ryback winning was the right move. Neville and Amell vs Cody and Barrett was certainly not the best match I've ever seen but it was one of the best laid out matches I've ever seen. It didn't overstay its welcome, Amell was really protected and got enough moments to shine and I loved that it was Neville that got the pin. And Cesaro-Owens was to some degree idiot-proof because even if Cesaro had won I think it would've been really easy for Owens to get his heat back but I'm not sure they would've given him that moment and this ends his losing streak at 4.

The Ziggler/Rusev feud has been one of the worst in recent memory IMO..Especially considering how bankable both superstars are. It's hard not hate Rusev and just as hard not to love Dolph..this feud has me not caring about either of them.

The only good thing about it was when Rusev threw the fish..

That moment was hilarious. His deadpan "it's a fish." line legitimately had me cracking up.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,253

Post#169 » by Shaazzam » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 pm

I really think rusev can be so much more than just a monster with an accent. But whatever they are doing with this Lana angle is just lame. The fish was amazing. The rest of it has been so meh. Just not interesting. I'm not a fan really of ziggler but I do like him in the ring and they really missed the mark with him after he saved team cena.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#170 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Btw, if anyone doubts Kevin Owens' durability as an athlete (like I used to), he just rassled 2 huge events on consecutive days. He's been a key player in both WWE and NXT simultaneously for what - like 2 months? Dude really deserves a ton of credit for the work he's put in since joining the WWE roster.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#171 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:04 am

Shaazzam wrote:I really think rusev can be so much more than just a monster with an accent. But whatever they are doing with this Lana angle is just lame. The fish was amazing. The rest of it has been so meh. Just not interesting. I'm not a fan really of ziggler but I do like him in the ring and they really missed the mark with him after he saved team cena.

When a guy is good at comedy there's this natural inclination to put him in some comedic segments. And Rusev has good comedic timing, the fish thing, a couple months back he did the promo with Lana where he said he wanted to hear three words "I" and he had the perfect long comedic pause "am sorry". But as much as I enjoyed those moments and often enjoy meat head Rusev, he should be a killer, being built up in a way that I could imagine him facing Lesnar at a WM at some point.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#172 » by studcrackers » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 am

safi wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:I really think rusev can be so much more than just a monster with an accent. But whatever they are doing with this Lana angle is just lame. The fish was amazing. The rest of it has been so meh. Just not interesting. I'm not a fan really of ziggler but I do like him in the ring and they really missed the mark with him after he saved team cena.

When a guy is good at comedy there's this natural inclination to put him in some comedic segments. And Rusev has good comedic timing, the fish thing, a couple months back he did the promo with Lana where he said he wanted to hear three words "I" and he had the perfect long comedic pause "am sorry". But as much as I enjoyed those moments and often enjoy meat head Rusev, he should be a killer, being built up in a way that I could imagine him facing Lesnar at a WM at some point.

it's funny, cause dolph is the one who does stand up and improv and yet im not sure he's ever said a funny thing in my time watching him
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#173 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 am

studcrackers wrote:
safi wrote:

it's funny, cause dolph is the one who does stand up and improv and yet im not sure he's ever said a funny thing in my time watching him

That would be because Dolph suffers from the ailment where he's too concerned with being cool to actually be funny.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#174 » by studcrackers » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:20 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
safi wrote:

That would be because Dolph suffers from the ailment where he's too concerned with being cool to actually be funny.

pretty much suffers from pretty boy syndrome. good looking people normally arent funny
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#175 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Sheamus vs Orton - I like both in the ring and this was pretty good, but the ending felt a little quick, at Battleground their match stood out more maybe because it surprised me at the time. My biggest issue with the Orton and Sheamus feud is the lack of promo driven material. It's mostly been you beat me up, I beat you up. If they want Sheamus to be main event material this could've been built closer to the equivalent of Orton-Rollins at Wrestlemania than it was. They way they built it up it was acknowledging it was a filler feud to fill one of the matches at Summerslam.

Tag match 4 way - Loved it and all I support all the chaotic 4 way matches in this division. Lucha Dragons in general are really good and should be having title matches at PPVs regularly instead of just in the four way ones. Los Matadores work for these matches if only because of El Torito

Ziggler vs Rusev - I've enjoyed the Lana and Summer Rae storyline in a month where they've needed story driven matches leading up to SS instead of just wrestling ones. For their match standing out this was a tough PPV for them. Orton-Sheamus, Cena-Rollins, Owens-Cesaro are already filling a lot of spacer for "two good workers" matches so this one is a little redundant. But they will have more time for the feud clearly.

Amell/Neville vs Stardust/Bad News Barrett - Amell did fine all things considered, but otherwise felt like usual Neville, BNB, Stardust stuff. Stardust has been giving better promos recently but I think the character can be dropped. A guy in make-up and spandex looks too non threatening in the ring. Goldust being a bigger guy probably helped him in that regard. Cody Rhodes is jacked and handsome - probably should play to those strengths

Ryback vs Big Show vs Miz IC title match - Considering it only lasted 5 minutes I'm really complimentary of what they pulled off here. It was fast and fun and didn't feel like it lost anything with the short running time. Great use of Miz's almost-stealing it role in the match and Ryback and Big Show got their spots.

Reigns/Ambrose vs Wyatt/Harper - Didn't excite me that much. I find Reigns and Ambrose good but not great in the ring and Bray just didn't feel like he was in the ring that much. Never caught what caused Reigns to be knocked out so long. This match could've used a stipulation like no DQ and weapons. To me I still wonder if they were planning on it being Reigns, Ambrose, Sting vs Wyatt, Harper, 3rd Wyatt family member as rumoured and something came up with Sting, it would've just made too much sense to make it bigger than the straight tag match it ended up being.

Rollins/Cena - Great match and the best Rollins has looked in a while, until the ending. Jon Stewart not selling it the best may have hurt, but I still didn't like it. HHH interference would've been the better choice I think, as storyline wise it'd make sense why he'd protect Flair's record.

PCB vs Bellas vs Team BAD - Crap. Too many divas, Team Bad went out too early and overall just turned into typical Bella match stuff. Right now my problem with the Divas Revolution is the mix of flawed veteran divas (Brie, Alicia, Naomi, Tamina) and despite how great they were in NXT, growing pains for Charlotte and Becky getting over. To me the end result is they got one more diva who in main roster hitting her mark on the level of Paige and Nikki (Sasha) and two more who haven't gotten past Naomi and Alicia's level (Charlotte and Becky). It's not enough to make a revolution especially when Paige is getting less time than she used to and Sasha isn't getting as much burn as she would've if it was just her, Nikki and Paige. I'd have liked to see Diva Revolution had been just 3 teams of 2 right now - Nikki and Bella, Sasha and Tamina (Tamina has value for the same reason male big guys do. While Naomi is a boring Sasha and if already her chance to break out after her heel turn and failed.), Paige and her protege Charlotte. Becky stays in NXT and does a title run. Throwing in 3 extra divas may have hurt them a lot.

Owens vs Cesaro - Really good but in the wrong place of night. Orton-Sheamus, Ziggler-Rusev, Cena-Rollins left me worn out for this worker first match. I agree with someone who said it'd have been a great match to open with.

Brock/Taker - This was awesome with the story behind it really making it intense and entertaining, and on a night where most of the matches weren't as story driven. Taker felt more legit physically than at WM and the way this match started was perfect to get into it. The ending is fine to me because Brock flipping the bird was awesome and it still felt like Undertaker deserved to make Brock tap first even if Brock had technically won first. I feel both these guys did a great job with this feud starting with the brawl on Raw and am looking forward to 3rd match

Return to Pro Wrestling