WWE General Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Re: WWE General Discussion 

Post#681 » by tugs » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:56 am

Oh she will very soon. That loss was traumatic.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#682 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:11 am

I think she ends up in wwe too. Her and Brock are so similar with their UFC runs. I don't think the way her UFC career ended really will affect her box office draw in wwe.

I want Rousey and Asuka.
Do it for Chuck
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#683 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:36 pm

If she's not willing to promote a fight where she's earning 3 Million, she'll really have to change her attitude before the WWE is interested.

Promotion is half the business.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#684 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:13 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:If she's not willing to promote a fight where she's earning 3 Million, she'll really have to change her attitude before the WWE is interested.

Promotion is half the business.

Brock Lesnar says hello.

I think Rousey will be better for WWE than Brock has. She was a bigger star at her peak than Brock was as far as transcending the sport, and unlike Brock, she likes wrestling. I'm pretty confident if she was gonna do it, she'd go all in as she's passionate about it.

That being said, I wouldn't blame her if she just took her millions and walked off into the sunset.
Do it for Chuck
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#685 » by Spens1 » Sun Jan 1, 2017 12:58 pm

i'm going with surprise entrant for the womens rumble and a title match at mania against Charlotte (rip Bayley).
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Re: RE: Re: WWE General Discussion 

Post#686 » by tugs » Mon Jan 2, 2017 1:40 am

Spens1 wrote:i'm going with surprise entrant for the womens rumble and a title match at mania against Charlotte (rip Bayley).

She comes in with the DBZ theme then bounces around the ramp before entering the ring.
Spens1
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: WWE General Discussion 

Post#687 » by Spens1 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:37 am

tugs wrote:
Spens1 wrote:i'm going with surprise entrant for the womens rumble and a title match at mania against Charlotte (rip Bayley).

She comes in with the DBZ theme then bounces around the ramp before entering the ring.

doesn't sound completely unfeasable :lol:
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#688 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 2, 2017 10:33 pm

so there's rumors that the wwe will announce next week mania 34 will be in nawlins. needless to say, im pretty sure i'll be going back for that one
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#689 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:13 am

so that show w/jbl and heyman after raw was essentially them toeing the company line. though i guess that shouldn't be that surprising
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#690 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 1:17 am

studcrackers wrote:so that show w/jbl and heyman after raw was essentially them toeing the company line. though i guess that shouldn't be that surprising

I'm not really a fan of those "debate" shows on ESPN and FS1 to begin with, but whatever modicum of appeal they'd have to me is that these networks are supposed to be independent entities from the leagues they're covering (a very debatable point), but one of these shows covering the NFL on the NFL Network would be the worst of all worlds. And then you add in that the edginess that Heyman especially was supposed to have was extremely fake.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#691 » by Polk377 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:17 am

safi wrote:
studcrackers wrote:so that show w/jbl and heyman after raw was essentially them toeing the company line. though i guess that shouldn't be that surprising

I'm not really a fan of those "debate" shows on ESPN and FS1 to begin with, but whatever modicum of appeal they'd have to me is that these networks are supposed to be independent entities from the leagues they're covering (a very debatable point), but one of these shows covering the NFL on the NFL Network would be the worst of all worlds. And then you add in that the edginess that Heyman especially was supposed to have was extremely fake.

I don't think that was Hayman being fake at all. That is pretty much how he gives most of his interviews. Rosenberg was on the hot seat the whole show and a tough position overall. It was a little surprising though that they decided to essentially bury the fans for most of this as if we have no idea what we are talking about.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#692 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:48 pm

Polk377 wrote:
safi wrote:

I don't think that was Hayman being fake at all. That is pretty much how he gives most of his interviews. Rosenberg was on the hot seat the whole show and a tough position overall. It was a little surprising though that they decided to essentially bury the fans for most of this as if we have no idea what we are talking about.

Here's the thing about Heyman interviews, he shifts his personality a lot depending on who he's being interviewed by. If its Sam Roberts, he'll be a lot more jovial. If its Brian Fritz, it'll be much more of a straight up interview. And a podcast with Austin is a hybrid, where there's banter but its primarily a long-form interview.

Heyman was essentially playing the character of the crotchety old-timer who was basically just saying 'shut up and watch'
Spens1
RealGM

Post#693 » by Spens1 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 12:19 am

studcrackers wrote:so there's rumors that the wwe will announce next week mania 34 will be in nawlins. needless to say, im pretty sure i'll be going back for that one

again? i mean 30 was great but are they just rotating it in the south now? What about the Minneapolis Mania?
Spens1
RealGM

Post#694 » by Spens1 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 12:21 am

i mean both at this stage are company stooges (though i expected a bit better from Heyman but meh, it was never going to be controversial or have huge dissenting opinions).

How was the other guy though from ESPN in this?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#695 » by studcrackers » Thu Jan 5, 2017 12:49 am

Spens1 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:so there's rumors that the wwe will announce next week mania 34 will be in nawlins. needless to say, im pretty sure i'll be going back for that one

again? i mean 30 was great but are they just rotating it in the south now? What about the Minneapolis Mania?

a mania in nawlins sounds 10X more exciting than one in minneapolis
Spens1
RealGM

Post#696 » by Spens1 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 1:08 am

On the Cena comment

hardest working (which whilst i don't doubt, he isn't the only hard worker either, but they only make the argument for Cena which is annoying) does not = best. At the end of the day he is the face who presided over WWE losing half their audience over the SuperCena period (especially 06-11 was downright painful from Cena, he didn't show any character until after the Lesnar match).
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#697 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 1:48 am

studcrackers wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

a mania in nawlins sounds 10X more exciting than one in minneapolis

False. I'd be able to easily go to one in Minny.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#698 » by spykelee » Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:32 am

I too would like to see WM move around. I hate that they always do the same few stadiums now. Those are good sometimes but not every year. There's a lot of great cities, great fans, and great venues out there.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#699 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 4:26 am

As WM has become a several day event, I think it'll be very rare to see it in a cold weather city. They'll do it in NYC because its NYC but other than that, I'm not sure it'll happen in too many other cold weather cities. I'm guessing WWE has probably done market research and found that there's a group of people that would be less likely to go if it was in a cold weather city because even in a dome stadium they'd have to walk around and while Minneapolis or Philly in late March/early April should be fine, its probably not going to be 75 and sunny
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#700 » by Polk377 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 7:15 am

Spens1 wrote:

i mean both at this stage are company stooges (though i expected a bit better from Heyman but meh, it was never going to be controversial or have huge dissenting opinions).

How was the other guy though from ESPN in this?

JBL maybe but Heyman will never be a company stooge. What he said I believe he actually means and doesn't care whether WWE approves or not.

I thought Rosenberg did a good job of keeping everything on track and not backing down. He is a guy you either love or hate but he is a legit fan of the business and everything he was saying he has been for a while now on his wrestling podcast. The show seemed rushed though and would have benefited from having more time for each to state their opinions. They were jumping from topic to topic too quickly.

Return to Pro Wrestling