WWE SmackDown Discussion I

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion I 

Post#1641 » by improper » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:00 am

Just thought about this, but it'd be cool if this was a lead up to either Owens/Angle (see ETA below) or Owens/Shane at Summerslam after Owens get denied his rematch.

I feel like if it were an injury we would have heard something by now. If it were a suspension, they almost certainly would have announced it. They always announce Wellness Violations.

ETA: Owens/Angle wouldn't work, as I totally forgot Angle was the Raw GM. What I get for not watching the weekly shows any more. Owens/Shane would be a lot of fun, though. I feel like they'd work really well together. Unless maybe Owens is getting traded to Raw or something. I guess then it could work.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1642 » by Wo1verine » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:11 am

For the love of god please stay away Cena :(
BrunoSkull
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1643 » by Spens1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 am

Cena is so god damn boring in the ring, its like bloody Orton, they have the same routine with their matches, when you see one, you see them all (unless Cena tries that is).

Please Cena, go to hollywood, i beg of you, just so you go away and never come back.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1644 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:08 pm

THEY CANCELLED TALKING SMACK WHAT THE F********CK
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#1645 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 pm

I blame JBL and Shane. The show sucks when its either of those two as the co-host.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1646 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:42 am

i can't believe this. they cancelled the best thing about wwe today.

The whole company is a heel (not just a few people, the whole company as an entity), they constantly take and never give.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1647 » by WRau1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 am

This is seriously **** awful. NXT and Talking Smack are the only two WWE programs that I look forward to every week. This makes me very unhappy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1648 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:21 am

if anything they should have canned 205 live if they wanted to save time. That is way more expendable than talking smack.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#1649 » by Stanford » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:30 am

And with the cancellation of Talking Smack, I no longer watch any WWE programming. Cheers.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1650 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:39 pm

iMoreland wrote:THEY CANCELLED TALKING SMACK WHAT THE F********CK

Brutal.

Putting it on after 205 Live killed it.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1651 » by WRau1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:38 pm

There is starting to be a lot of social media backlash about canceling Talking Smack, hopefully the WWE addresses this. I wonder if DB didn't want to do it anymore and the WWE realized it just isn't that good without him? According to Renee Young's twitter, not only did she not know about Talking Smack being canceled until the news hit the internets, the WWE also canceled Unfiltered on her. That's pretty bad.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1652 » by skbucks1985 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:01 pm

There's a lot of stories about Vince being really impulsive and I wonder if Talking Smack was a casualty of that. I don't think anyone believes he watches the show on a daily basis. But maybe he caught the Bryan-AJ exchange from a couple weeks ago when Bryan was giving him crap about AJ believing the earth is flat and how he would beat Owens in an eating contest and decided to cancel the show and no one could talk him out of it.

And I don't doubt that the viewership numbers for the show have declined probably due to a combination of Bryan's sporadic availability and the show moving back an hour for 205 Live. But I'd argue that even if the numbers of the show have dropped and are not particularly strong the show is still a significant net positive. I can't imagine its a particularly expensive show to produce, although its probably a pain in the ass for the crew most of whom probably worked Raw the night before. And the show has given people opportunities to hone and flesh out their characters. Baron Corbin, The Uso's, Alexa Bliss and especially Miz are all people that are doing really well right now that really benefited from Talking Smack. And I don't think any of them would be doing as well as they are if it weren't for the show.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1653 » by Wo1verine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:49 pm

WRau1 wrote:There is starting to be a lot of social media backlash about canceling Talking Smack, hopefully the WWE addresses this. I wonder if DB didn't want to do it anymore and the WWE realized it just isn't that good without him? According to Renee Young's twitter, not only did she not know about Talking Smack being canceled until the news hit the internets, the WWE also canceled Unfiltered on her. That's pretty bad.

They know she's leaving for ESPN - So they don't care.
BrunoSkull
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1654 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 pm

safi wrote:There's a lot of stories about Vince being really impulsive and I wonder if Talking Smack was a casualty of that. I don't think anyone believes he watches the show on a daily basis. But maybe he caught the Bryan-AJ exchange from a couple weeks ago when Bryan was giving him crap about AJ believing the earth is flat and how he would beat Owens in an eating contest and decided to cancel the show and no one could talk him out of it.

And I don't doubt that the viewership numbers for the show have declined probably due to a combination of Bryan's sporadic availability and the show moving back an hour for 205 Live. But I'd argue that even if the numbers of the show have dropped and are not particularly strong the show is still a significant net positive. I can't imagine its a particularly expensive show to produce, although its probably a pain in the ass for the crew most of whom probably worked Raw the night before. And the show has given people opportunities to hone and flesh out their characters. Baron Corbin, The Uso's, Alexa Bliss and especially Miz are all people that are doing really well right now that really benefited from Talking Smack. And I don't think any of them would be doing as well as they are if it weren't for the show.

dont forget about Ginder Mahal
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1655 » by Spens1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:01 am

Wo1verine wrote:
WRau1 wrote:There is starting to be a lot of social media backlash about canceling Talking Smack, hopefully the WWE addresses this. I wonder if DB didn't want to do it anymore and the WWE realized it just isn't that good without him? According to Renee Young's twitter, not only did she not know about Talking Smack being canceled until the news hit the internets, the WWE also canceled Unfiltered on her. That's pretty bad.

is she, she would actually do a lot of good for ESPN as a legitimate news anchor.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1656 » by WRau1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:48 am

Spens1 wrote:
Wo1verine wrote:

is she, she would actually do a lot of good for ESPN as a legitimate news anchor.

There were rumors that ESPN was interested about 6-9 months ago before all of their layoffs, I don't know of anything has came of it though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#1657 » by Max Green » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 am

safi wrote:I blame JBL and Shane. The show sucks when its either of those two as the co-host.

Yup. Moving The Miz to Raw didn't help either, he helped make that show.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1658 » by improper » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 am

Max Green wrote:
safi wrote:I blame JBL and Shane. The show sucks when its either of those two as the co-host.

Yup. Moving The Miz to Raw didn't help either, he helped make that show.

Eh...I thought Owens pretty much stepped in and took over his role perfectly. Both guys are just dynamite on the mic.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1659 » by Spens1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 am

yeah i think Owens helped fill that role a lot.

I think this though (if it didn't already) cements one Daniel Bryan leaving WWE unless they say he can return in ring (for better or worse), they took one of his two major roles and the one he enjoys the most.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#1660 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am

I hope Smackdown gets something in return for Jordan. It probably can't happen since he's doing the thing with Big Show, but I think putting Cass on Smackdown could've been good for him so he doesn't have Enzo buzzing around him.

Gallows and Anderson are still criminally underutilized and put them on Smackdown and give them a new coat of paint

Return to Pro Wrestling