WWE WrestleMania 33 (April 2nd, 2017)

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WrestleMania 33 (April 2nd, 2017) 

Post#521 » by improper » Mon Apr 3, 2017 7:57 pm

Wo1verine wrote:This is exactly it. For me when i criticize the show and mention the ratings dropping it's not because i think they are going to be going out of business it's because rather some of the hardcore gang want to admit it or not the product is stale for a number of reasons some of which that have already been mentioned.

Yup. There's a vast different between "the company is profitable" and "the company is maximizing their profits." I think the WWE very clearly are not maximizing their profits with the way they book their performers and antagonize their fans.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#522 » by Heat3 » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:37 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:Image

The Big Dog buried the Undertaker for good. Believe that!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,291

Post#523 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:24 am

I thought the Bray should've won. Randy didn't need that win, and coming in, Bray lost his first two wrestlemania matches, and he literally just got the title like a month ago. The match itself was pretty boring, but him losing was the icing on the cake.

Also, I felt as though there could've been better match-ups on the card, idk. Cena v. Styles, Cena v. Undertaker, Style v. Orton. Strowman should've been in singles action, Zayn should've been in singles action, Joe should've been in singles action, Balor could've been on the card as he was ready about a month prior. It wasn't the worst Wrestlemania, but it could've and should've been better. I'll give it a C.

(But the Hardy's return nearly turn that to a B-)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#524 » by studcrackers » Fri Apr 7, 2017 8:57 pm

So you wish they'd have made a 5 hour show even longer?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#525 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Apr 7, 2017 9:12 pm

In light of how the match transpired and the story they were telling, Roman was the right opponent for Undertaker. Joe's the only other guy I think they could've told essentially the same story with. I don't think Cena would've worked because for Cena's character, his respect for Undertaker supersedes his desire to win a match and if he was in the same position as Roman he'd take the count-out loss.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#526 » by improper » Fri Apr 7, 2017 9:19 pm

studcrackers wrote:So you wish they'd have made a 5 hour show even longer?

Well, they could have cut both the HHH/Rollins and Undertaker/Reigns matches by at least ten minutes, as both were way too long given their quality. That would have opened up room for another two matches. They also could have axed Amrose/Corbin from the card entirely, as no one gave a crap about it anyway. Really, they could have done the annual IC Title ladder match invitational, and had guys from Raw and Smackdown participate (with Raw getting the title if a Raw guy won) to give guys like Zayn a legit spot on the card.

Return to Pro Wrestling