ImageImage

'Short' time till the Draft

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Re: 'Short' time till the Draft 

Post#81 » by TBpup » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:51 am

...the Ferengi, Paul & Larry and the dancing dude in the hat have to agree too!!

Mr. Odd....the Ferengi, that seems much more appropriate. :P I believe that if this ends up coming before Paul and the illogical Vulcans, it will be something they can not turn down regardless of what direction they are thinking of going.
@TBpup22
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#82 » by Fitz303 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 am

Well Chad Ford is still reporting that the Spurs may be looking to move Parker if they can move up in the draft and grab a big man.

Would the Blazers move Aldridge in a package to somehow grab Parker if they feel they can work a S&T with NY for David Lee?

Parker/ Bayless
Roy/ Rudy
Batum/ Webster
Lee/ Camby/ Cunningham
Camby/ Oden/ Howard/ Pendergraph
TBpup
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by TBpup » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:02 am

Fitz...nothing wrong with that idea but in a S&T, some of the players listed in the lineup posted would be gone as compensation unless you are trading Joel's contract for him which would be close to working. Now that is the kind of outside the box thinking that generates excellent discussion regardless of what ends up happening.

Good work.
@TBpup22
Walton'sBeard!
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#84 » by Walton'sBeard! » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:10 am

Someone explain why NY would s&t Lee. If they did they would lose cap space and they lose Lee. Seems like they would need to be getting back something really special to make it worth their time.
TBpup
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by TBpup » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:14 am

Someone explain why NY would s&t Lee. If they did they would lose cap space and they lose Lee. Seems like they would need to be getting back something really special to make it worth their time.

It's not that they would. I was just complementing Fitz on his creativity that actually happened to work under the current CBA. You're right....more likely that he goes to a team with cap room or goes for the MLE for a year and tries again next year.
@TBpup22
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#86 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:20 am

6 pages in less then 24 hours i love it
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

Allright
Junior
And1: 18

Post#87 » by Allright » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:53 am

Everyone talks about a trade for an established NBA player. Couldn't KP go in another direction like trading up in the 5-7 range to grab Cousins and try to make Aldridge expendable?

Trade Miller + Webster for #5 + Nocioni and trade LMA for Tony Parker.

Parker / Bayless
Roy / Rudy
Batum / Nocioni
Camby / Cousins / Cunningham
Oden / Przybilla / Camby / Pendergraph
Swiss Blazer fan since 92.
First trip to Portland: February 2010.
Next trip to Portland: (?)

*** Sorry for my english. Trying to improve ***
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#88 » by Village Idiot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 am

With his inability to hit a 3 pointer I don't see Parker as being a great fit. Better than Miller yes, perfect PG no.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#89 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:05 am

Allright wrote:Everyone talks about a trade for an established NBA player. Couldn't KP go in another direction like trading up in the 5-7 range to grab Cousins and try to make Aldridge expendable?

Trade Miller + Webster for #5 + Nocioni and trade LMA for Tony Parker.

Parker / Bayless
Roy / Rudy
Batum / Nocioni
Camby / Cousins / Cunningham
Oden / Przybilla / Camby / Pendergraph

Kings don't touch that first trade.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
MBash721
Senior
And1: 106

Post#90 » by MBash721 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:26 am

TBpup

can you give an update on Greg Oden?

what % would u put him at health wise right now?

Do you think he'll be ready by the season?

and what do people inside the organization feel about him right now?

Thanks man
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#91 » by Ripcity4life » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:31 am

Also on the idea of trading up to get cousins or any other rookie does not fit in with what i believe fits with what Paul Allen desires. He already believes and i agree with him that the team is 1 to 2 years behind so bringing in a young player only stretches the window by another year or 2 before the Blazers would contend for the title.

If a HUGE trade is made it will be for a established veteran who can make an impact and that will put the Blazers into a true contender spot. Also as much as i feel KP is getting mistreated i am not opposed to a new GM who is not so attached and might have the guts to make a BIG move.
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#92 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:42 am

Is Pritchard on the phone and beating the pavement? Yes. Does PDX have assets worth trading for? Yes. Given the current public Pritchard job situation is PDX operating from a position of leverage? Not likely. Given the fact that he may be a lame duck, does it make sense that he has leeway to make executive decisions? Not likely.

Sorry fellas. I do not want to be a wet blanket or smell like a wet dog, but the fact remains if there was any year that Pritchard could have stolen a first-class asset while consolidating assets for a premier stater, its not looking very favorable for this year - at least not in a logical sense.

Could Kevin be given the autonomous ability to seek out trades and then later have them reviewed by the pointed eared idiots? Sure. However, the fact that this has to occur, and given the very public notion of his job being in jeopardy, it seems highly unlikely he is working from a position of power. Thank you for that idiot Vulcans.

I hope my reality-check is incorrect. But, if you think about it, when the GM goes on camera saying: "What are they going to do... fire me?" - its probably unlikely he is capable of doing much of anything in the way of significant transactions.

I hope I am wrong.

We will find out in 1 week.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#93 » by Village Idiot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:47 am

DusterBuster wrote:Sounds like Amare is a near lock to land in Miami, which could be why TB says he has no chance of coming here.

Suns owner Robert Sarver is going back to his penny pinching ways and rumors are swirling that's a big reason why Kerr left. With Amare gone, could the Blazers make a run at Nash and Hill? Suns will want to cut salary and go young if Amare leaves. Nash is a pretty big get, even at his age. He's probably still got 2 or 3 more good years in him. If the Blazers can get him at a reasonable price while only giving up the likes of a Rudy or Bayless......
I agree that Nash is the most likely candidate with Grant Hill coming along in a courtesy trade.

Nash, Hill, Barbossa for Miller, Przybilla, Fernandez, #22 pick (player picked on Phoenix' behalf) and a 2011 1st.

Due to Nash having a reduced salary by $3 million in 2010-11 the deal needs to wait until after July 1st to be consummated.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#94 » by Agenda42 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:33 am

BballFanAddict wrote:I hope my reality-check is incorrect. But, if you think about it, when the GM goes on camera saying: "What are they going to do... fire me?" - its probably unlikely he is capable of doing much of anything in the way of significant transactions.

Along these lines, the even more clear quote is:

Jason Quick wrote:"Look for another GM; bring it on," (Pritchard) said Monday night. "May the best man win. And if it is me, give me back my control, give me back a say. If it's none of that, yes, it's time for me to leave."

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazer ... tchar.html
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#95 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:37 am

Apparently Nate has asked KP and management for better perimeter shooting. Nash and Hill would certainly fix that problem.

I could really see something along the lines of Nash and Hill for Miller, Przybilla, Fernandez and the #22. Throw whatever picks they want. They'd probably want Bayless since he's from Arizona though.

In fact, I'd go as far as to offer this deal after this years draft.......

Miller
Przybilla
Fernandez
Bayless
2011 1st Round Pick (protection negotiable)

for

Nash
Hill

The deal would have to be after the draft because the Suns won't entertain moving Nash until Amare has officially signed with a new team.

Bayless gives the Suns a nice local product to help rebuild the team. Fernandez also helps giving them more youth. Meanwhile, Miller and Przybilla give Sarver what he loves, $$$$. He saves a ton of it and is able to rebuild the team with a ton of cap space in 2011. Portland can even throw in some cash considerations if they Suns want to buy out Miller. Shoot, the Blazers and Suns can do 2 separate deals. This deal with 3 mil cash considerations added in, then a 2nd deal where the Suns send a protected 2nd round pick for 3 mil in cash from Portland. That gives Sarver 6 mil in Paul Allen's cash to buy out the final year of Miller's 7 year deal.

Dragic/Bayless
JRich/Rudy
Dudley/2010 Rookie
Clark/Amundson (resigned to a small 2 year 3 mil contract)
Lopez/Przybilla

The Suns tank a season, get a high pick and end up with a ton of cap space to rebuild.

For the Blazers, they go all out for the next 2 seasons. They resign Blake to a near MLE deal......

Nash/Blake
Roy/Hill
Batum/Webster
Aldridge/Cunningham/Pendergraph
Camby/Oden/Rookie

If healthy, that team competes for a championship next year.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Blazermania08
Junior
And1: 4

Post#96 » by Blazermania08 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:38 am

Fitz303 wrote:Well Chad Ford is still reporting that the Spurs may be looking to move Parker if they can move up in the draft and grab a big man.

Would the Blazers move Aldridge in a package to somehow grab Parker if they feel they can work a S&T with NY for David Lee?

Parker/ Bayless
Roy/ Rudy
Batum/ Webster
Lee/ Camby/ Cunningham
Camby/ Oden/ Howard/ Pendergraph

This was just what I was thinking as I was reading through this whole topic...

LMA for Parker, then some combination of Miller, Rudy, Prezybilla for a starting 4:

Al Jefferson
David Lee
Kevin love
Emeka Okafor
David West
Elton Brand

Anyone of these would give us that strong post scoring threat. Personally Jefferson would be my number 1 followed by Lee. There were rumors Philadelphia were open for Brand and #2... Miller Rudy Prezybilla does work, but at 31 with a big contract left with 3 years remaining could be tough to swallow. But without a doubt Miller would have to be moved following a LMA - Parker trade.

If KP can pull off such trades, especially Parker trade... Portland could very well get to the WCF or better and more importantly for KP Keep his job!
shamelessblazer
Senior
And1: 0

Post#97 » by shamelessblazer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:11 am

Bayless/Miller/Webster/Pryzbilla to Phoenix, Nash/Hill/Barbosa to Portland...

Nash/Barbosa
Roy/Fernandez
Batum/Hill
Aldridge/Cunningham
Oden/Camby

/\ championship? A lot of people wouldn't like the streakiness/lack of ballhandling in the second unit backcourt, BUT how often would neither Roy or Nash be on the floor? And Grant Hill at the 3 makes up for it quite a bit, he could actually run the offense.
Blazermania08
Junior

Post#98 » by Blazermania08 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:18 am

I think Rudy will be traded way before Webster will be gone. Switch Rudy for Webster and I would consider it. After all Phoenix wanted Rudy At #24 until PA n KP bought him.
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#99 » by EGame » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:19 am

Swap Rudy for Bayless and that is a winner deal. Rudy is easily going to be the first person traded if we do make a trade there is no reason to hear him complain all next year as well. But yeah, Bayless/Barbosa/Hill/Cunningham/Camby is a nice bench with terrific starters. The only thing I worry about is defense, but Batum and Oden and even Aldridge could help make for any of Nash's/Roy's deficiencies (spelling?)
Blazermania08
Junior

Post#100 » by Blazermania08 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:28 am

Having Bayless n Barbosa in the 2nd unit is too small, maybe during the regular season we could pull that off but as soon as the Playoffs start we would have extremely tough match ups. Both are strong bench players but i don't see it improving our odds to getting deeper in the playoffs.

If you look at the Lakers and Celtics neither have 2 guys in the back court under 6-4. When Nate comes in its for Rondo, Sasha V. or Shannon B. come in its for Fisher.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers