'Short' time till the Draft

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: 'Short' time till the Draft 

Post#41 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Fitz303 wrote:I would be devastated if Batum were traded

I'd hate trading Batum too, but it totally depends on who's coming in.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#42 » by cucad8 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
cucad8 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
I agree completely. Those level of guys won't save KP's job. I'm just wondering what names are out there that are actually available.

Tony Parker, perhaps? Amare on an extension? Arenas, as mentioned. Monta Ellis? Iguodola.

Good catch on Parker. I could definitely see him being moved. But do the Blazers have the pieces to get him?

I don't think Ellis is as available as reports suggest. I wouldn't want him anyway.

So ya, either Parker or Iggy would be pretty big gets for the Blazers.

Wild speculation time! Chad Ford mentioned that the Blazers are currently trying to get ahead of the Spurs in the draft. Could KP be hoping to steal a player the Spurs want in the draft and use that as leverage in a Parker trade?

There were the rumors of Parker for the #10, and S.A. being interested in moving into the top 10 for a big. I know his contract is higher, but I would think, with Duncan there, they'd prefer a more proven commodity in Aldridge to someone like Ed Davis. Who knows, though.
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#43 » by TBpup » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Re: Trade Deadline: February 18
by TBpup on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Unless this season is basically going to be a waste, they need a big man who can board and block a shot once in a while. The closest thing I can find to a nono-stiff at that position who doesn't have a contract that hampers the Blazers down the road is Marcus Camby.

Something like Blake and Webster would would and also do a couple of things. Throw in a 2nd round pick and $3MM and the Clips also save money. First, it would give the Clips an expiring contract and also a young, inexpensive piece. Second, it consolidates the rotation for the Blazers down the stretch and gives them more defined roles....they were playing better when they had those. Third, it gives the Blazers the option to have Camby as a piece going into the off-season as either a backup against Oden and Przybilla's almost annual injuries or in a S&T for another team. He is certainly more than servicable and will have value somewhere.

That actually gives Portland what they need. Size, rebounding and shot-blocking and Camby is not a liability on offense. Combined with a healthy Roy, I think that gets them a first round win and they need that to make this season something more than last year as far as a learning curve. Otherwise, it was just games.

Just an idea...

Above is a post I put up the day before the Camby trade. I got a heads up from a source that was outside the normal group of people I have a chance to talk to and they were quite open with the details and didn't have a problem with me posting them, just not to treat it as a straight up fact from a source. The Martell instead of Outlaw part was what Portland was reportedly offering while the Clips asked for and got another ending contract in Travis.

For newer posters, most often I am not nearly at that much liberty but will try to give hints or read between the line comments like at the end of the above, "just an idea". I can not come out and just give details as that would end any information I have. As much as can be shared as possible I will make every attempt to share but if I don't answer, it's not because I'm ignoring you, just that I may not be able to say or often times don't know...and have no problem with saying so.

Hopefully this is all good fun for the next week and not a "you didn't exactly name your sources or the exact details of the conversation. I believe a big 'DUH' would have to be the response to that...lol :P
@TBpup22
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#44 » by EGame » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Good catch on Parker. I could definitely see him being moved. But do the Blazers have the pieces to get him?

I don't think Ellis is as available as reports suggest. I wouldn't want him anyway.

So ya, either Parker or Iggy would be pretty big gets for the Blazers.

Wild speculation time! Chad Ford mentioned that the Blazers are currently trying to get ahead of the Spurs in the draft. Could KP be hoping to steal a player the Spurs want in the draft and use that as leverage in a Parker trade?

The Blazers have the pieces that is not the question at hand (IMO). The question is if the Blazers/KP actually truely does like Parker and is a guy they want to trade for then if the answer to that is a yes, then what is Pritchard willing to give up to get him? Obviously not Roy, you are getting Parker as a second hand man behind Roy, probably not Oden, though, I imagine the Spurs would love that trade for Oden's potential and how young he is since they are getting up there in age. Aldridge seems like the most likely involved and at this point it depends on who you like better, they always say don't trade big for small, but is Parker the better player? If so, then it may be worth it to some, but not to others. I prefer Parker over Aldridge mainly for his playoff experience and for MVP finals and because he is married to Eva Longoria...

But seriously, some may not want to give up for Aldridge for Parker and it may not be the best for us as that leaves us even thinner at PF. I guess if people think Dante and/or Pendergraph are ready to play and help contribute instantly. Who knows. Speculation is fun, though.
EGame
Head Coach

Post#45 » by EGame » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Maybe I wasn't reading closely, but if a deal did go down, would it most likely be before, during, or after the draft TB?
TBpup
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by TBpup » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 pm

When I clicked on this thread my 47" display started to FLOAT UP OFF THE TABLE!

Must be all the hot air.

Caravaggio....as hot air as Brandon could be back in two weeks after surgery? :P
@TBpup22
TBpup
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by TBpup » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Maybe I wasn't reading closely, but if a deal did go down, would it most likely be before, during, or after the draft TB?

EGame....If the one being discussed where to happen, I would say on or before Draft Day.
@TBpup22
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#48 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 pm

EGame wrote:The Blazers have the pieces that is not the question at hand (IMO).

I guess a better way to have phrased that question would have been, are the Blazers willing to give up what they'll need to in order to make a deal for Parker.

Aldridge for Parker could make some sense in this years draft. This is going to be an extremely deep PF draft, just like how last year was a very deep PG draft. If we could find the PF equivalent to a Darren Collison or a Ty Lawson in the 16-22 range of this years draft, then moving Aldridge for Parker could make sense.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#49 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Sounds like Amare is a near lock to land in Miami, which could be why TB says he has no chance of coming here.

Suns owner Robert Sarver is going back to his penny pinching ways and rumors are swirling that's a big reason why Kerr left. With Amare gone, could the Blazers make a run at Nash and Hill? Suns will want to cut salary and go young if Amare leaves. Nash is a pretty big get, even at his age. He's probably still got 2 or 3 more good years in him. If the Blazers can get him at a reasonable price while only giving up the likes of a Rudy or Bayless......
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Post#50 » by rasta_marley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Walton'sBeard! wrote:
Telfaire wrote:Looks like moving ahead a few spots in the draft, yet again to draft a euro and stash him...my shorts will hold themselves.

Other than Seraphin there really are no Euros in this draft. Anyone know his buyout status? I like the idea of drafting him, but not if he is staying in Europe.

I think it's very annoying all these Eoros who enter the draft.. get drafted, oh but wait! I'm not gonna come over for a year or soo. Enter the draft when your ready to play in the NBA ya wanks...
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
EGame
Head Coach

Post#51 » by EGame » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks TB, and I have one more question if you can reveal it (hoping that it wasn't already said, if so I will look foolish). :O

Anyway, what are the chances this deal you're talk about goes down roughly? What kind of percentage as in near lock, half/half, less than half?
TBpup
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by TBpup » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I think it's very annoying all these Eoros who enter the draft.. get drafted, oh but wait! I'm not gonna come over for a year or soo.

Rasta....So Portland holding the rights to Victor Claver, Petteri Koponen, Joel Freeland, Nedzad 'The Fabulous Neddy Z" Sinanovic, Marcelo Nicola, Federico Kammerichs and Deron Sheffer isn't blowing your skirt up? (Kenny Vance reference with the skirt bit...) :P
@TBpup22
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#53 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 pm

EGame wrote:Thanks TB, and I have one more question if you can reveal it (hoping that it wasn't already said, if so I will look foolish). :O

Anyway, what are the chances this deal you're talk about goes down roughly? What kind of percentage as in near lock, half/half, less than half?

TB mentioned earlier that he thought it could be around 50/50 right now.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#54 » by Billy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 pm

I hear Sinanovic has dropped basketball altogether and is now focusing his career entirely on dowel fencing. I wish him the best.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#55 » by Mr Odd » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 pm

TBpup wrote:
I think it's very annoying all these Eoros who enter the draft.. get drafted, oh but wait! I'm not gonna come over for a year or soo.

Rasta....So Portland holding the rights to Victor Claver, Petteri Koponen, Joel Freeland, Nedzad 'The Fabulous Neddy Z" Sinanovic, Marcelo Nicola, Federico Kammerichs and Deron Sheffer isn't blowing your skirt up? (Kenny Vance reference with the skirt bit...) :P

Wait.. .I thought it was shorts, now I have
to worry about skirts?? Ahuhh the humanity!!

Its time to go big or go home.. .pack & leave town KP. :-?
Hopefully KP can pull something great off, allowing him to stay.
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
TBpup
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by TBpup » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 pm

EGame....no worries. See below.

However, several conversations have left me with little doubt that something is afoot and likelyhood that was maybe at 25% at first is significanly higher than that at this point....maybe even to 50/50.

50/50 may seem very much like a coin flip but there are so many discussions and offers that never even get off the ground. To get even to the point of 50/50 is somewhat of an accomplishment. You have to remember, GMs have these types of conversations everyday and nothing becomes of 98% of them.

Wait.. .I thought it was shorts, now I have
to worry about skirts?? Ahuhh the humanity!!

Its time to go big or go home.. .pack & leave town KP.
Hopefully KP can pull something great off, allowing him to stay.

Mr. Odd...as usual, you crack me up. :lol: Skirts...shorts...I didnt' even think of that. Blame KV.
Billy...dowel fencing? Really? Comedic today are we? :D
@TBpup22
Blaze01
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#57 » by Blaze01 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Think about names that are out there, or have been out there as possibilities to be moved...

Tony Parker's name has been mentioned as available.....

Chris Bosh IS available but would have to be a S&T

Monta Ellis is another player (Anthony Randolph as well) who have been mentioned that could be on the move....

Joe Johnson IS available as a FA, again would have to be a S&T....

Devin Harris has been mentioned several times before, could? be available, not sure it is a big enough name however....

Andre Iguodala...rumors are that Evan Turner is likely the pick and questions whether they can play together...personally I think they could, but his name has been kind of out there as maybe available...I don't think the name is big enough though....

Al Jefferson (likely) or Kevin Love....MIN rumoured to be intgerested in possibly moving one of them, and have been rumoured to have an interest in Rudy Fernandez....

Rudy Gay...RFA out of MEM, another S&T...I don't see a move like this making sense...

Tayshaun Prince....has been rumopured to be available n deals...doesn't scream "big deal" to me.....

Personally, I think Tony Parker fits the "big deal" best.....

1) He is rumoured to be available...
2) SA has a a guy, who they like a lot, to take his place George Hill....
3) He is not a RFA, which means delayed trade, for a GM rumoured to be fired after the draft, making a deal NOW makes a ton more sense....
4) He is a FA next year, meaning SA may be more willing to trade him for value now....
5) It has been speculated that SA wants to get a young big man to replace\play along Duncan (Aldridge would fit perfectly here)....
6) His age fits with POR, he is only 28, and he is a proven All-Star & has NBA championship experience...making him much more desireable over a guy like Devin Harris.....
7) He fills a key position (PG much more important in today's NBA than PF IMO), and could effectively play that "scoring PG" role alongside Roy and could fill that #2 scoring role next to Roy MUCH more effectively than Aldridge....
8) POR has the players to absorb the loss of Aldridge...with Camby & Przybilla still here, Cunningham, Pendergraph and a #1 pick in a PF rich draft (noticed a lot of PF prospects coming through, not so many 1st round guard prospects, coincidence?)....
9) POR offloads Aldridge's contract, which Allen was apparently not happy with, and gives the team a year to see how Parker AND Oden effect the team before they have to commit to big contracts...they stay out of luxury tax, and it gives them money to go and get that FA with the MLE and not have to pay luxury tax this year.....

One other option would be a deal for a top 5 pick...Philly, NJ & MIN could all be targets...but trading for a rookie doesn't seem to be the kind of deal that saves KP's job....
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Post#58 » by rasta_marley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 pm

TBpup wrote:

Sure.. but they arent doing us much good waay over ther in Europe are they?
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
Butter
General Manager
And1: 123

Post#59 » by Butter » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:18 pm

In order to qualify as a "star" this trade target would likely have to be a starter. So through process of elimination, which starter would Paul Allen and the gang want to upgrade?

Andre Miller - yes
Brandon Roy - no
Nicolas Batum - very unlikely
LMA - very possible
Greg Oden - possible, but unlikely

To me, this suggests that it'd either be Miller or LMA. I just can't see them moving LMA for a PG. It'd leave a huge hole in the PF rotation, and then they'd have Parker and Miller at the same spot.

I think its either Miller and pieces for a PG or LMA and pieces for an upgrade at PF. Considering that LMA is on a PP contract, my bet is on upgrading the PG, but I still think LMA is a distinct possibility.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#60 » by soobias » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 pm

this could be a S&T for lebron

Return to Portland Trail Blazers