ImageImage

The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): Offseason Edition

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): Regular Season Version 

Post#1181 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Case2012 wrote:They also had Dragic over Lillard in the ASG.. Eh. I can see that sadly.

So here's a thought, Is Dragic better than Lillard? We could have signed him, and potentially drafted Drummond.
Dragic
Wes
Batum
LMA
Drummond

Is that team better than

Lillard
Wes
Batum
LMA
Lopez?

I LOVE Dame, but maybe Goran was the move?

the draft was about a week before teams could start talking to free agents so it would have been hard to take Drummond and roll the dice on finding a PG in free agency

besides that, I think Olshey knew all along he was going to make a max offer to Hibbert. So the smart move, I suppose, was Lillard at #6

however, once Indiana matched the offer sheet to Hibbert, there was nothing preventing the Blazers from making an offer to Dragic. A 3 guard rotation of Lillard-Matthews-Dragic would be pretty dynamic. Do that and take Henson or Sullinger instead of Leonard and the Blazers would probably have the best record in the league right now

of course, that's making a set of perfect decisions in real time...making a string of perfect decisions is a nearly impossible
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#1182 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Holy crap, this wiretap about Cleveland's GM has me cracking up.

Grant had spent the final months of his tenure as GM pitching one-sided deals to his peers from other teams, clearly overvaluing his young draft picks in offers for the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond. Few executives maintained the patience to listen to Grant's pitches.

Reminds me of some of the Cleveland fans here on RealGM. ROFL.

Maybe I am a terrible person, but Portland fans and Cleveland fans do NOT seem to get along. The only other team that we have that sort of regular friction with is Minnesota, a rivalry that actually makes sense on several levels, although even then we seem to get along better with them than the Cav's.

Anyways, hearing this type of things makes me think.. maybe it wasn't us at all, maybe it was them all along :lol:
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#1183 » by Shem » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Holy crap, this wiretap about Cleveland's GM has me cracking up.

Grant had spent the final months of his tenure as GM pitching one-sided deals to his peers from other teams, clearly overvaluing his young draft picks in offers for the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond. Few executives maintained the patience to listen to Grant's pitches.

Maybe I am a terrible person, but Portland fans and Cleveland fans do NOT seem to get along. The only other team that we have that sort of regular friction with is Minnesota, a rivalry that actually makes sense on several levels, although even then we seem to get along better with them than the Cav's.

Anyways, hearing this type of things makes me think.. maybe it wasn't us at all, maybe it was them all along :lol:

You're not a terrible person. There's a reason why they call Cleveland, "The mistake by the lake!" The majority of fans are delusional that I have come across. Grant actually fit their culture. I'm trying to understand based on that why he got fired. Even Dan Gilbert is delusional.

And the funny thing is in a general sense, I put Minnesota and Dallas fans in the same boat. There's something in the water in those places.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Wizenheimer
RealGM

Post#1184 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Holy crap, this wiretap about Cleveland's GM has me cracking up.

certainly, all the crap last summer about Aldridge to Cleveland for a crappy draft pick or two left a sour taste. It wasn't just constant low-ball statements about Aldridge's value, it was "Irving is better then Lillard and it isn't close"...."Waiters is better then Matthews"...."Tristan Thompson and a #1 pick is way too much to give up for Aldridge"...it went on and on

of course the same crap happened in discussions with Houston fans about Asik

and who can forget Timberwolves fans when Minny had that offer sheet out to Batum?

the other side of that is that some of every teams' fans say similar things. There's a trade on the trade board about Portland getting Koufos for Wright and Barton

oh, one other thing...the description of the Cleveland GM overvaluing his own assets is remarkably similar to what was said about Kevin Pritchard when he was the Blazer GM
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#1185 » by JasonStern » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 am

wow. three winners? never thought I would see an NBA slam dunk contest that would make me miss blake griffin dunking over a kai in kia's NBA slam dunk contest sponsored by kia.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#1186 » by GreenRiddler » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 am

Damn Greg Monroe is so talented. Why can't his contract exp in 2015? :x He is like a primo young big to replace LMA. Crazy they signed Josh Smith this year, Dumars need to be fired.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1187 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLiYEIaLcSE[/youtube]

I can count on 1 hand the number of times he has posted up in Portland. I thought he couldn't he has some back-to-the-basket moves, could refine em. Granted those are tweeners he is posting up, but I have seen him defended by the Quincy Acys of the NBA.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1188 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:27 pm

We don't have a pick this year but I have been following the draft and man is Wiggins talented. Paul george like player. I hope he goes to the Eastern Conf.

76ers pretty much had 1 tank year and they got Noel/MCW plus a top 3 pick that could be Wiggins Embiidd or Parker. Not to mention there 11th pick. They cleaned house!
Wizenheimer
RealGM

Post#1189 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:34 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
76ers pretty much had 1 tank year and they got Noel/MCW plus a top 3 pick that could be Wiggins Embiidd or Parker. Not to mention there 11th pick. They cleaned house!

prior to this season, Philly has been in the lottery in 5 out of 10 season, and 4 of the 5 times they've made the playoffs have been 1st round exits. And they are about to have a season of less then 20 wins, probably one of the 10 worst seasons ever.

and after this season is over, they will be dealing with the prospect of Tony Wroten, Nerlens Noel, Michael Carter Williams, & their two 1sts from this season all needing rookie extensions in a 24 month period, plus having to re-sign James Anderson next summer.

If the 76ers hit paydirt on all their young players, they won't be able to keep them. That's the problem under the new CBA of loading up draft picks/young players
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1190 » by GreenRiddler » Tue Apr 1, 2014 9:49 pm

Roy Hibb is complaining about not getting shots for his bigs. He should tell that to Hill, Lance is a good passer, a willing passer. hill is the one that sucks at being a point guard, the dude is pretty useless, one of the most overrated starters in the league, tweener scoring guard who can't even score that well. Sure he had 37 against us, but he avgs below what you would expect from a scoring guard.

And on top of that they signed him to a 5 year deal :o :crazy:

Rubio or Lowry would be great for Indy. Hill has been a joke for a while.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1191 » by GreenRiddler » Tue Apr 1, 2014 9:54 pm

man after reading up on their locker room problems, I can't say I am surprised, Roy, Paul George and Lance are all a bit immature for their age. When push comes to shove it looks like they fold. I m glad we got leaders on this team that wouldn't let that happen. We actually have a similar record to Indy since February.
Shem
RealGM

Post#1192 » by Shem » Wed Apr 2, 2014 8:22 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9zrfeTAhM[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:

GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1193 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Apr 6, 2014 2:58 am

Man watching Jonas Val right now, he is everything I hoped Meyers would be. They even had similar per 36 last year, but you can just tell which player has played more organized structured basketball. I still doubt NO doesn't pickup his contact next year, he probably shouldn't and just trade him in a deal for a package like the Pacers did with Plumlee.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1194 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Apr 6, 2014 3:03 am

Shem wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9zrfeTAhM[/youtube]

Now if only he could bring that mentality all day on Defense, it was painful watching him last night, we put him on bledsoe because Dragic is the more well rounded Guard, so what does Bledsoe do? The same thing Wes does when he has a PG, attack him. We couldn't switch it back to Dragic cause he would do the same thing and PJ is too big, Green even got some work in on him (although he was scorching that night).

He really needs to bring effort all game on that end and he needs too watch game tape because his stance in 1 on 1 situations and in PnR have been consistently bad all year long.
Shem
RealGM

Post#1195 » by Shem » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:22 am

For tonight only, I'm very grateful that Portland passed up on Kenneth Faried.
April 4, 2014:

GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1196 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:00 am

Shem wrote:For tonight only, I'm very grateful that Portland passed up on Kenneth Faried.

?
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1197 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:01 am

It is beautiful when refs don't call a foul on Harden drives, like this Pelican game. The announcers mentioned he creates that contact.
Shem
RealGM

Post#1198 » by Shem » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:11 am

GreenRiddler wrote:
Shem wrote:For tonight only, I'm very grateful that Portland passed up on Kenneth Faried.

?

Because the other night he hit the game winning shot against Golden State helping the Blazers secure the 5th seed. Keep up man! :P
April 4, 2014:

GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#1199 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:41 am

Shem wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:

?

Because the other night he hit the game winning shot against Golden State helping the Blazers secure the 5th seed. Keep up man! :P

Ah of course, I am tired though!
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#1200 » by Jsun947 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 am

West
1.) SAS
2.) OKC
3.) LAC
4.) HOU
5.) POR