OT League Pass (Mobile) Question

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

OT League Pass (Mobile) Question 

Post#1 » by deanwoof » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:31 am

allright question for you guys, or anybody in general about blackout

i have comcast here, but just basic cable. nba league pass mobile is $50 but i'm concerned about the local blackouts since most of our games are on CSNNW, an occasionally KGW, TNT and ESPN.

my question is this.. can we get away game feeds to watch our blazers?
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Re: OT League Pass (Mobile) Question 

Post#2 » by a_sensei » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Pretty sure they black out all Blazers games locally, mobile or otherwise.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#3 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Can you use a VPN on a mobile?
deanwoof
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by deanwoof » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Does that mean local broadcasts or anything to do with in this case blazers?
a_sensei
Analyst

Post#5 » by a_sensei » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:42 pm

deanwoof wrote:Does that mean local broadcasts or anything to do with in this case blazers?

All Blazer broadcast- even the opponent's home feed. It's too bad. I would pay for league pass if I could watch Blazer games, but I am not going to pay some ridiculous price for comcast. I was going to try to get the new customer deal for the basketball season, but they won't give it to me since I get internet from them.
Khazim
Veteran
And1: 114

Post#6 » by Khazim » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Has anyone heard anything about whether there will be a (Blazers specific) streaming package this year? If not, I may have to get league pass broadband and try to circumvent the blackout restrictions, but I was really hoping the Blazers would offer a streaming package again this year.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
deanwoof
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by deanwoof » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:57 pm

a_sensei wrote:
deanwoof wrote:Does that mean local broadcasts or anything to do with in this case blazers?

All Blazer broadcast- even the opponent's home feed. It's too bad. I would pay for league pass if I could watch Blazer games, but I am not going to pay some ridiculous price for comcast. I was going to try to get the new customer deal for the basketball season, but they won't give it to me since I get internet from them.

Same boat not really looking to pay extra 25-30 a month for 6 months when I can't even make it home in time for most blazer games anyways. Which is why I'd prefer to stream parts of game at work still.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#8 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 pm

a_sensei wrote:

Can you cancel your service period, then start up again in a few weeks?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
a_sensei
Analyst

Post#9 » by a_sensei » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
a_sensei wrote:

Can you cancel your service period, then start up again in a few weeks?

I guess there is something like a six month wait to become a "new customer." I think I may be able to cancel and then my wife may be able to sign up using her phone number.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#10 » by Village Idiot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 am

Khazim wrote:Has anyone heard anything about whether there will be a (Blazers specific) streaming package this year? If not, I may have to get league pass broadband and try to circumvent the blackout restrictions, but I was really hoping the Blazers would offer a streaming package again this year.
You might want to consider getting international league pass broadband and setting up a VPN with a proxy pretending to be outside the country somewhere. The international league pass isn't subject to any blackout provisions. I live in Norway and use this to be able to watch US Netflix which has a lot more content than what the provide in Norway.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to Portland Trail Blazers