ImageImage

Last Game of the Season! Clippers @ Blazers!

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Re: Last Game of the Season! Clippers @ Blazers! 

Post#101 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 pm

No, I get playing Robinson. He does bring something no one else does. He brings energy and athleticism that our front-court doesn't really have. You need that, especially on nights where your team is a step slow.

Honestly, I like the chemistry when Robinson and Claver were playing together. Problem is, there are two playoff teams I wouldn't try that against, Memphis and the Rockets. We are going to need Freeland against the Rockets
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#102 » by Epicurus » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:04 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
Epicurus wrote:No need to ponder why Claver hasn't heretofore played more. His shooting was awful, his rebounding is average at best for a sf, his assists/turnovers below average, ad nauseum. He plays intelligently, but not well.

Be that as it may, Claver's best use is not with a bench unit, but as a glue-guy to support the starters. He does the little things that let the stars be stars. His value is not expressed in a simple boxscore stats, but as a guy who can come in while a starter rests and doesn't hurt you.

Even so, how do you complain about 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in 23 minutes?

Per36 that 18.7 points, 9.4 rebounds and 6.2 assists - fantastic, across the board production from any player. Better production than we get from Batum on a nightly basis (not that I am saying we will get this from Claver nightly, but to show how off-base you are about his production being average/below average/not well last night).

1. I certainly have not nor would not complain about Claver's play last night. I am very sure that if he would have performed similiarly last season or this, he would have a more solid opportunity. Again I have no idea why you think I meant last night.
2. I think the Blazers' offensive style is dependent upon at minimum average shooting when open. Until last night (oh, I am sure you may find one counterexample) he hasn't.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#103 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:10 pm

I've always liked Claver's game. He would do well with the starters. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some minutes either. He's a pretty good help defender, as well. That one ESPN commentator sure did like Claver's game!!! hahahaha
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Portland Trail Blazers