Re: SL Game 3 Por Vs Atl 

Post#81 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:40 pm

talk about eye candy.
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach
And1: 159

Post#82 » by BlazersRizing » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Blazers need to play Will AND CJ both 20 minutes. Wes and Batum could use more rest than they usually get.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#83 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 am

BlazersRizing wrote:Blazers need to play Will AND CJ both 20 minutes. Wes and Batum could use more rest than they usually get.

Mo played around 25mins per game last year. Blake is suppose to be the new Mo, Wes only plays 33-34mpg so that is not going down, Batum plays 36mpg, so that is not alot either, he is not going down,same goes for Dame.

Wright played 14.5mpg, so he is the best bet to go down to give more mins for Barton, Watson played 6.7mins for 24games, so that will help as well for Barton and CJ. Maybe you could get Wes down to 30MPG, but I wouldn't hold my breath, given he is a good player for us.

So we have CJ who played 12.5mpg and Barton who played 9.4. Split Watson's mins (6.7) between the two and give 4 mpg of Mo's to them(since Blake won't be as good and Stotts wants to give them a chance) along with 5mpg from Wright(Who was horrible last year) and you have a total of 18.7mpg to add to the combined total of 21.9mpg of CJ/Barton last year. You then have 40.6mpg to split between the two, equally or tilted.

Obviously this is wrong because of games played and stuff, I suck at guessing mpg played next year, because it is hard to predict injuries and guys stepping-up. Who thought Freeland would play 14mpg for 50+games this time last year?

But the above shows, less opportunity for Wright, Blake wont's have as many mins as Mo in total, due to injury risks and less skill and more opportunity for mins available to CJ and Barton than was given last year.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#84 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:21 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/489562143625207808[/tweet]
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#85 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:34 am

One thing I like about our SL team is that it looks like an actual team on offense. They play with sets and a system, having Brown in the lineup helps alot, but CJ and Barton understanding they shouldn't go 1 on 1.

Compared to other teams, like Milwaukee, who just set a screen and let guys like Parker and Giannis go 1on one..all the damn time, same with Phx and Goodwin, Minny and bazz/lavine.

The 2nd/3rd year guys on those teams aren't really gaining much, since they won't be doing that in the NBA, whereas I think our guys are.

the coach seems to agree, and Robinson had 5 ast with no turnovers as-well. No one on one here, cause you won't do it there (Moda center).

Nate Tibbetts:
What you're seeing from CJ is less dribbles. Catch-and-shoot. Straight line drives. He did everything. The one thing he's doing a really good job of is passing the ball ahead and trying to play the right way. He did that today.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers