for a future pick, how feasible would it be to bring Mo back with our cap room
exception and the team going with Mo and Blake as our backups to Wes and
Damian.
Zohan
Sophomore
And1: 11

Re: Mo 

Post#2 » by Zohan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:13 am

Norm2953 wrote:There was some talk about Mo yesterday and I was wondering if Blazers dealt CJ
Damian.

Why in the world would you want Mo back??? We signed him originally because he had all this playoff experience to be a steady veteran off the bench, but he was terrible in the playoffs for us. He shot 37% from the field and looked completely out of control. If we knew he was gonna play like that in the playoffs we would have been better off developing one off the young guys during the season. He wasted a year of the Blazers development time... no thanks!!
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:58 am

Zohan wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:There was some talk about Mo yesterday and I was wondering if Blazers dealt CJ
Damian.

Why in the world would you want Mo back??? We signed him originally because he had all this playoff experience to be a steady veteran off the bench, but he was terrible in the playoffs for us. He shot 37% from the field and looked completely out of control. If we knew he was gonna play like that in the playoffs we would have been better off developing one off the young guys during the season. He wasted a year of the Blazers development time... no thanks!!

Id personally want mo back because I don't trust our "young talent" to get the job done. Norm you're welcome to add your opinion to this as well, chest thought id add my thoughts on this topic :D
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#4 » by ebott » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:27 am

Oden2 wrote:Id personally want mo back because I don't trust our "young talent" to get the job done. Norm you're welcome to add your opinion to this as well, chest thought id add my thoughts on this topic :D

My thoughts exactly. I'll take a has been over a never was any day of the week.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#5 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:14 pm

I was not a big fan of Mo's, primarily because of the position it put Lillard in when they played on the court together. They were just too small and Lillard got stuck guarding the SG. I was very unhappy with Mo in the playoffs. You can get away with Mo's game during the regular season, but he was exposed during the playoffs. Having said that, I would not be surprised one bit if Olshey signed Mo to a one year contract. Would I want to see that happen? Not particularly, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The one thing I did like about Mo was the way he pushed the ball upcourt very quickly, but that was about it.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#6 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:17 am

My guess: olshey offered mo 1 year at the most we could pay mo (or 1 plus a player option) and mo is still looking for a third year from someone. Mo is testing things out but if nothing better comes along he will accept portland's offer.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#7 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:23 am

Currently Mo has few opportunities to get paid for very few teams have cap space
to spend on Mo. Portland still can still sign him with the cap space exception
and deal him for an asset. Mo probably needs Portland's help to get his 2-3
year contract assuming the Mavs pass on him.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#8 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:30 am

Norm2953 wrote:Currently Mo has few opportunities to get paid for very few teams have cap space
to spend on Mo. Portland still can still sign him with the cap space exception
and deal him for an asset. Mo probably needs Portland's help to get his 2-3
year contract assuming the Mavs pass on him.

A sign and trade would be a solid option especially if we could get a decent role player on an expiring in return for a package along the lines of mo + freeland + claver.
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#9 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:20 am

I think Freeland is a useful trade chip for he is what he is which is a third big, a guy who
can play 12-15 mpg. A good guy who can provides minutes in an emergency and a solid
guy in practices. If we can turn some of these spare parts for a useful front court player
with enough size to play both SG and SF it would be a major plus for we've needed this
type of player for at least three seasons.

I'd be interested in a player like Evan Turner and wonder if a S/T involving Mo and Freeland
would interest Indiana.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:11 am

Norm2953 wrote:I think Freeland is a useful trade chip for he is what he is which is a third big, a guy who
can play 12-15 mpg. A good guy who can provides minutes in an emergency and a solid
guy in practices. If we can turn some of these spare parts for a useful front court player
with enough size to play both SG and SF it would be a major plus for we've needed this
type of player for at least three seasons.

I'd be interested in a player like Evan Turner and wonder if a S/T involving Mo and Freeland
would interest Indiana.

Turner interests me as well not because I was impressed with him last season but or the sheer fact that I think he will come cheap and I'd be willing to take a flyer on him working out in stotts's system. Turner has never really played In a system geared for his talents and stotts's system may be perfect for turner in a sixth man role. I think some will disagree with us here but personally I'd do that kind of sign and trade for turner but it would have to be a 3 year deal with a team option for the third year or just a 2 year deal for me to do it.
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#11 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:55 am

Turner would indeed solve our problem behind Nicolas and Wesley and I could easily
see us use all three players on the court at the same time. Got to figure out how
to get him for while he won't come cheap, not many teams have any cap space to
overpay for a free agent.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers