ImageImage

Semi OT Sports on Roku

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

JBUCKMEYER
Ballboy
And1: 0

Semi OT Sports on Roku 

Post#1 » by JBUCKMEYER » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Does anyone have a Roku instead of Cable and can give me some advice.

I am going with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and maybe Redbox Instant. I see they have Watch Espn ( I will need to secure login info).

I see they have a channel called NBA Gametime. Can anyone tell me about it.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,470

Re: Semi OT Sports on Roku 

Post#2 » by Pattycakes » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Google "ballstreams"
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#3 » by DusterBuster » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Pattycakes wrote:Google "ballstreams"

This seems like a scary proposition.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,470

Post#4 » by Pattycakes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:07 am

DusterBuster wrote:

This seems like a scary proposition.

hahaha
AllMyNeilOlshey
Junior
And1: 42

Post#5 » by AllMyNeilOlshey » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 am

You able to send out an invite? Also do they have sites like this for baseball or football?
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#6 » by jhern87 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:25 pm

It looks like they've shutdown public registration.. Are you a member with them? So they stream games from that site and their app? That's pretty cool. Curious as to how, legally, they are able to do so.
Zers4Eva
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#7 » by Zers4Eva » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Ever heard of XBMC?
jhern87
Starter

Post#8 » by jhern87 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:15 am

Zers4Eva wrote:Ever heard of XBMC?

I have not.. I looked at the site and am still a little unclear. Care to explain?
Zers4Eva
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Zers4Eva » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 pm

I have not.. I looked at the site and am still a little unclear. Care to explain?

XBMC, actually just renamed Kodi, is a media center for pretty much any platform (PC/MAC/LINUX/IOS/ANDROID). You install free 'add-ons' that scrape the web for content. The best thing is that there are hundreds of these 'add-ons'. The add-ons allow you to search for anything and everything you can imagine, from TV Shows to Movies to live sports streams. Everything is put together in a nice little package.

You can also use Kodi to aggregate your local content. For example, if you have movies, tv shows, music, pictures on a hard drive, you can connect it to your device with Kodi and it will automatically organize and download all applicable metadata (cover art, information about the file) and it lays everything out very nicely.

In short, I have been using this for about 3 years. I cancelled my cable TV subscription about 2 years ago and have not looked back. You can watch whatever you want, whenever you want and it's completely free. It's like having your own personal library of every movie and tv show ever made that you can access anytime.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNDfRPwmVs[/youtube]
jhern87
Starter

Post#10 » by jhern87 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Zers4Eva wrote:

XBMC, actually just renamed Kodi, is a media center for pretty much any platform (PC/MAC/LINUX/IOS/ANDROID). You install free 'add-ons' that scrape the web for content. The best thing is that there are hundreds of these 'add-ons'. The add-ons allow you to search for anything and everything you can imagine, from TV Shows to Movies to live sports streams. Everything is put together in a nice little package.

You can also use Kodi to aggregate your local content. For example, if you have movies, tv shows, music, pictures on a hard drive, you can connect it to your device with Kodi and it will automatically organize and download all applicable metadata (cover art, information about the file) and it lays everything out very nicely.

In short, I have been using this for about 3 years. I cancelled my cable TV subscription about 2 years ago and have not looked back. You can watch whatever you want, whenever you want and it's completely free. It's like having your own personal library of every movie and tv show ever made that you can access anytime.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNDfRPwmVs[/youtube]

Wow.. Very interesting! Thanks a lot for explaining that, I'm going to look into it.
jhern87
Starter

Post#11 » by jhern87 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Is there an add on for Comcast Sports NW though?
Zers4Eva
Sophomore

Post#12 » by Zers4Eva » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:15 pm

There's an add on called Sports Devil. Shows every sporting event live. I saw all 82 Blazers games last year on it.
jhern87
Starter

Post#13 » by jhern87 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Zers4Eva wrote:There's an add on called Sports Devil. Shows every sporting event live. I saw all 82 Blazers games last year on it.

Nice thanks!

Return to Portland Trail Blazers