ImageImage

The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2014-15 Edition

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2014-15 Edition 

Post#141 » by Shem » Sat Apr 4, 2015 10:47 pm

Domantas Sabonis announced he is staying at Gonzaga for his sophomore season. There goes any hope the Blazers land him in the draft, especially if he declares next season where the Blazers won't have their draft pick (unless we suck next season).
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#142 » by JasonStern » Mon Apr 6, 2015 1:19 am

wow. the Spurs just dismantled Golden State, ending their 12 game win streak. I was hoping for a close game, but nope. the Golden State post game commentators are going on about how Golden State had nothing to play for, and that's why they got torched despite Danny Green being the only Spur to play over 24 minutes. bring on the Clippers, Rockets, or Mavs, but keep us away from the Spurs!
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#143 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Apr 6, 2015 1:44 am

JasonStern wrote:wow. the Spurs just dismantled Golden State, ending their 12 game win streak. I was hoping for a close game, but nope. the Golden State post game commentators are going on about how Golden State had nothing to play for, and that's why they got torched despite Danny Green being the only Spur to play over 24 minutes. bring on the Clippers, Rockets, or Mavs, but keep us away from the Spurs!

Yeah, but things have a funny way of coming out where the last thing you want to happen, happens. The 2 games they play VS the Rockets will be crucial.

They have to win a lot of their remaining games while Mem loses some, to leap frog and jump to 3rd, or they have to lose alot of their remaining games and the LAC have to stay above water with their weak schedule.

I am not rooting for us to face anyone as Memphis and the LACs/ SASs are as hard as it gets, but the Spurs are clear cut above the rest and I want no part of them.

I find it highly unlikely the Rockets drop to lower then 3, since they have some real easy games after that Spurs Home and home and the Mavs are no shot at anywhere but 7 or 8. So it is either the Clips, Grizz or Spurs.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#144 » by JasonStern » Mon Apr 6, 2015 2:00 am

GreenRiddler wrote:
JasonStern wrote:wow. the Spurs just dismantled Golden State, ending their 12 game win streak. I was hoping for a close game, but nope. the Golden State post game commentators are going on about how Golden State had nothing to play for, and that's why they got torched despite Danny Green being the only Spur to play over 24 minutes. bring on the Clippers, Rockets, or Mavs, but keep us away from the Spurs!

Yeah, but things have a funny way of coming out where the last thing you want to happen, happens. The 2 games they play VS the Rockets will be crucial.

They have to win a lot of their remaining games while Mem loses some, to leap frog and jump to 3rd, or they have to lose alot of their remaining games and the LAC have to stay above water with their weak schedule.

honestly, I feel if the Spurs want to win both games, they can win both games. will they is the big question. I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio intentionally gets the 4th best record to play Portland with home court advantage. as much as Portland has talent, they have weaknesses that a team like the Spurs could exploit.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#145 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Apr 6, 2015 2:06 am

JasonStern wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:

honestly, I feel if the Spurs want to win both games, they can win both games. will they is the big question. I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio intentionally gets the 4th best record to play Portland with home court advantage. as much as Portland has talent, they have weaknesses that a team like the Spurs could exploit.

Could? if the Spurs play us it might be a worse version of what happened last year. I might not even bother to tune in.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#146 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Apr 6, 2015 2:15 am

If you look at it since the ASB the Clips and the Spurs are the 2 hottest teams in the west, along with the Warriors. Only we won't be facing the warriors in the 1st round. Meanwhile Mem is hoovering at .500 over the last 20 games, and have by far the weakest offense in the west.

They were 1-15 from 3 the other day.

I really wish the Rockets would stop winning so the Clips and Spurs make it to 2nd and 3rd.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#147 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Apr 6, 2015 4:39 am

well if Mem loses their next game they will tie the Clips for 3rd, they have the tie breaker currently, but meet again on the 11th, I think that will decide if they get the 3rd or fall to the 4/5, I don't think the spurs will have a better record though, because they don't have the tie breaker with Mem (split season series and have a worse conference record) and have a tougher schedule so I don't see them getting more wins by year end. Just to be safe, I will be rooting for Hou to win both those games, so SA can face the clips as a 6h seed.

Could be setting up my own grave wanting to face Memphis though, but Something tells me Lee won't beat us in a series and Zbo can be contained by Lopez/Freeland. We would just have to make our open threes as Memphis struggles a bit with 3pt defense, and find a way to stop that Conley pick and roll.

If I was Stotts I wouldn't play with Fire, put AAA on Green and Lillard on Lee, make Batum work on D to get Conley out of the game, Batum is good for that. I also really like our bench VS their bench. Last time we played our bench really put the hurt on them, although Wright was a big part of that, our bench unit did a good job of containing theirs.

having HCA over them would be great, but I doubt it, to tie them we could win 4 of our next 6, but they would have to only win 2 of their next 5, but we showed last year we can win on the road in the playoffs.
Shem
RealGM

Post#148 » by Shem » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:25 pm

April 4, 2014:

The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,832

Post#149 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:22 pm

So I was looking at some BBR pages and I came across something I had not realized: Damian's shooting at the rim this season (0-2 or 0-3 I think distance) is actually at a higher percentage than any of Brandon's seasons with us.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#150 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:31 pm

I got alot of flack the past 2 summers after looking at College film and saying McCollum could arguably be our best shot creator off the bounce.

After 2 seasons:

CJ

Dame

Wes

Nic

LMA

Seems we only have 2 end-of-shot-clock type of scorers for guards, who when play breaks down can make things happen. Which is good when you face good defenses like we did last year Vs the Spurs, who made our system look tepid at times with their disruptive defenders in Green and Kawhi.

“Trying to beat your guy one-on-one will always be part of the game,” Stotts says.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#151 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:57 am

Mike Rice sounded pretty good, liked his points about Blazers D needing to adjust. Mem has 2of the 3 of the top mid-range shooters in Lee and beno. Zbo doubling is a problem, but I agree with him too.

Rolo has good size on him and they are both slow, but Rolo will bite his pump fakes, gotta send a occasional double.

Also our adept 3 point D won't work, we gotta give them open threes and clog the middle even more so than we do. Green can't be taking layups like he has on Batum. Which is tough, because he is too Strong for Nic. He just has to try his best to contain his straight line dribbles, as Rolo and LMA have their hands full with the 2 bigs.

https://soundcloud.com/portlandtrailblazers/postgame-podcast-dallas
Shem
RealGM

Post#152 » by Shem » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Tim Frazier is named the D-League MVP and Rookie of the Year:

April 4, 2014:

The Sebastian Express

Post#153 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:59 am

Well, at least we aren't Toronto?

Also, I'm happy to see the team all take that picture with Tim.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#154 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:38 am

man if only Spurs won vs the pelicans.

People were scared to face harden W/O Wes or AAA, even though he struggles in the playoffs:

Harden 5-17FG Vs Barea, Monta Ellis and Rondo. After game 1: 4-11FG.

He has yet to shoot above 40% in a playoff series as a Starter.

MVP MVP MVP.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#155 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 am

well, it sure looks like those that predicted the Rondo to Dallas trade was going to be a bad one were right, just as long as
bad = unmitigated disaster

consider that to get Rondo, Dallas traded Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, a 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick. All that for a 46 game rental of a player who averaged 9 points and 6 assists....ouch!
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#156 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 am

Stands....Takes a bow. They were great on Offense before his arrival, no need for that trade, they needed a big/ backup 2/3 more than a starting PG.
The Sebastian Express

Post#157 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:39 am

At least we aren't Toronto???
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#158 » by Moonbeam » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:At least we aren't Toronto???

Yeah, they have to be pretty demoralized. Another division title and first round exit, but this time a sweep with a couple of blowouts.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#159 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:48 am

I'm surprised RealGM hasn't crashed with what is happening to Toronto
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#160 » by Moonbeam » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:33 am

Wizenheimer wrote:I'm surprised RealGM hasn't crashed with what is happening to Toronto

That is rather strange! I think I read that some fans were hoping for a sweep as it meant the likelihood of firing Casey would be greater.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers