ImageImage

Meet the New Blazer - Noah Vonleh

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Re: Meet the New Blazer - Noah Vonleh 

Post#101 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 am

he probably was thinking of Porzingas when he wrote that 7 foot thing, small error. Yeah it is a stretch given he played such low mins, it is something to look out for though. I thought the article weighed both sides of the trade without any bias and gave a in depth look at his summer league and his rookie year.

I liked the tidbit about them Drafting Kaminsky after they traded away Vonleh, just didn't sit right with me since Noah seemed like the superior player in their college matchups and his lone year at Indy. Also had a better Summer league and has obviously been putting work since the season ended working on his game and especially his body, both of which looked night and day compared to his last summer league stint. I don't think Kaminsky will look better as a rookie than vonleh will in his '2nd' year if you can call it that. So it was very odd to me that they went for him and seemed to target him.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#102 » by Dame Lizard » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:19 am

GreenRiddler wrote:he probably was thinking of Porzingas when he wrote that 7 foot thing, small error. Yeah it is a stretch given he played such low mins, it is something to look out for though. I thought the article weighed both sides of the trade without any bias and gave a in depth look at his summer league and his rookie year.

I liked the tidbit about them Drafting Kaminsky after they traded away Vonleh, just didn't sit right with me since Noah seemed like the superior player in their college matchups and his lone year at Indy. Also had a better Summer league and has obviously been putting work since the season ended working on his game and especially his body, both of which looked night and day compared to his last summer league stint. I don't think Kaminsky will look better as a rookie than vonleh will in his '2nd' year if you can call it that. So it was very odd to me that they went for him and seemed to target him.

Charlotte's front office seem pretty hopeless tbh. However given they didn't seem to rate Vonleh, at least they pulled the trigger and traded him when his value was still high (an unproducive 2nd season would have Vonleh valued at very little).

Even if Kaminsky comes out of the blocks better than Vonleh this year, Kaminsky will still be 2.5 years older.

I'm a very happy Blazers fan that the trade went through. We have some good young slightly proven talent in CJ, Meyers, Crabbe, Aminu and Plumlee, but Vonleh gives us that very young unproven talent who could (emphasis on 'could'), shift the 'prosperity needle' significantly.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#103 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:42 am

Dame Lizard wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:he probably was thinking of Porzingas when he wrote that 7 foot thing, small error. Yeah it is a stretch given he played such low mins, it is something to look out for though. I thought the article weighed both sides of the trade without any bias and gave a in depth look at his summer league and his rookie year.

Charlotte's front office seem pretty hopeless tbh. However given they didn't seem to rate Vonleh, at least they pulled the trigger and traded him when his value was still high (an unproducive 2nd season would have Vonleh valued at very little).

Even if Kaminsky comes out of the blocks better than Vonleh this year, Kaminsky will still be 2.5 years older.

I'm a very happy Blazers fan that the trade went through. We have some good young slightly proven talent in CJ, Meyers, Crabbe, Aminu and Plumlee, but Vonleh gives us that very young unproven talent who could (emphasis on 'could'), shift the 'prosperity needle' significantly.

Did they though? batum is coming off his worst season scoring, and with Charlotte's lackluster offense (no good 3 point generators) I could see a big drop in Batum's ast numbers. That and he is a FA who you will have to pay if he has a semi decent year, or wasted your time with if he doesn't.

Seems like they should've roll the dice on Noah and drafted Winslow.

One thing is for sure, I never thought a team would save Doc's bacon by taking his hands off the trouble signing that was Hawes.

Now they got Hawes Big Al Kaminsky and Zeller...Good Luck Cho.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers