ImageImage

Greatest Blazers Coaches Ever

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Re: Greatest Blazers Coaches Ever 

Post#21 » by JasonStern » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:55 am

Wizenheimer wrote:where was it I said Dunleavy was a "bad coach"???....I never said any such thing. You seem prone to make big deals about things not said

and you have a tendency to post lawyer speak instead of drunken semi-rational posts. you never did list your top 5, which was the point of this thread.

Wizenheimer wrote:Dunleavy kept O'Neal locked on the bench for 3 seasons to the point O'Neal and his agent were demanding a trade. I know Portland was loaded with bigs, but Dunleavy found lots of time for Kelvin Cato so it wasn't like minutes weren't available

Kelvin Cato was included in the Scottie Pippen trade. O'Neal played 70 games for Portland in the 1999-2000 season and even started 8. if he didn't get playing time in his last season, it was because he was playing behind Wallace, Sabonis, and Grant.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#22 » by d-train » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:27 am

I hate Dunleavy because he is a lying POS backstabber. That aside, O'Neal didn't get PT because he didn't deserve it. Dunleavy said that 1000x before O'Neal was traded and became a star with Pacers. O'Neal didn't deserve minutes because he was too dumb to do what he was told instead of what he wanted. O'Neal could have had all the minutes he could handle if he used his talent to play defense and rebound but he wanted to be an option in the offense and wouldn't follow the game plan. Dunleavy didn't want O'Neal because he was a pain in ass for a coach that only cared about his next wins. Dunleavy wanted Davis and Kemp because they were veterans that would follow Dunleavy's game plan.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#23 » by JasonStern » Sat Aug 1, 2015 4:36 pm

calling it. since nobody really wanted to vote 1-5, the official RealGM Blazers Coach Ranking is:

1. Dr. Jack Ramsey
2. Rick Adelman
3-11. pick whatever scrub/retread you want
12. that video coordinator that somehow got the job
13. Pritchard intentionally trying to tank
14. Mo Cheeks
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers