ImageImage

SAC @ POR - GAME THREAD (Preseason Game 1)

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Re: SAC @ POR - GAME THREAD (Preseason Game 1) 

Post#121 » by Shem » Thu Oct 8, 2015 2:54 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rK8LgaeOzc[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,932

Post#122 » by Moonbeam » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:12 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Oh yeah, no worries. Yeah, moved over to Australia for work and study.

we've got quite the down-under presence here. I think Moonbeam is there and another regular poster as well. Two more and you guys have a BB team

Yeah, I remember talking to a couple of them on here when I first moved out. Seeing NBA jerseys is always pretty funny out here. Every sportswear store usually has 3 main jerseys on display out here.... Cavs James jersey, Warriors Curry jersey.... then a Spurs Mills jersey. The first time I saw that I was like.... wtf. Then a second later it donned on me he was Australian. So yeah, every Spurs jersey here is basically only a Mills jersey (as far as I've seen).

Speaking of overseas sports marketing, I was over in Singapore a few weeks back and Lillard was repping Portland nicely on some banners in mall shoe stores.

I saw a Kawhi jersey awhile ago. It was pretty surprising! I saw someone with a Roy jersey around 2010!
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#123 » by DusterBuster » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:18 am

Moonbeam wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
we've got quite the down-under presence here. I think Moonbeam is there and another regular poster as well. Two more and you guys have a BB team

Yeah, I remember talking to a couple of them on here when I first moved out. Seeing NBA jerseys is always pretty funny out here. Every sportswear store usually has 3 main jerseys on display out here.... Cavs James jersey, Warriors Curry jersey.... then a Spurs Mills jersey. The first time I saw that I was like.... wtf. Then a second later it donned on me he was Australian. So yeah, every Spurs jersey here is basically only a Mills jersey (as far as I've seen).

Speaking of overseas sports marketing, I was over in Singapore a few weeks back and Lillard was repping Portland nicely on some banners in mall shoe stores.

I saw a Kawhi jersey awhile ago. It was pretty surprising! I saw someone with a Roy jersey around 2010!

I saw an Aldridge jersey from around the same time by a guy walking down the street. I was like, 'Sup man! You a Blazer fan too.", he said "No, I just liked the colors (or maybe I should say colours)" ......

This was me after that exchange:

Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,932

Post#124 » by Moonbeam » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:09 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I wear Blazer gear a lot during lectures and sometimes I'll get some comments. I did meet one fellow Blazer fan last year who was very high on the team's chances this past year. He must have had a rough end to the season.

I saw an Aldridge jersey from around the same time by a guy walking down the street. I was like, 'Sup man! You a Blazer fan too.", he said "No, I just liked the colors (or maybe I should say colours)" ......

This was me after that exchange:

Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,161

Post#125 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Oct 8, 2015 12:31 pm

I played a game of social Bball a few months ago against a guy wearing an Aldridge jersey. He was the only one on their team who didn't have their standard black/red jersey, he just rocked the Portland one! haha.

On another note, I re-watched Coach Carter today (one of my favourite all time movies) and Werm (one of the main characters) rocks a Portland jersey in it. I seem to recall it's the only club jersey shown in the movie, and the movie's based on Richmond in California.
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#126 » by a_sensei » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:16 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:
a_sensei wrote:We are almost to page seven on this thread, which will match games 2 and 3 of the Blazer's last playoff series.

A bunch of addicts finally getting a cheap fix after a long withdrawl from the good stuff.

Absolutely... and that wasn't a criticism. I bet I have posted in this thread more than those as well.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers