Game 14: Portland vs. LA Clippers 7:00PM

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Game 14: Portland vs. LA Clippers 7:00PM 

Post#41 » by Moonbeam » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 am

GreenRiddler wrote:The west looks so bad right now, we could honestly play bad and still get the 12th pick...scary.

Don't count on it. New Orleans should have a better than Portland, and everyone else ahead of Portland should finish with a better record as well. I can't see the Blazers finishing better than 13th in the West, barring injuries to other teams.

Those who are hoping for a high lottery pick should be grateful that the East is picking up some early wins.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Re: Game 14: Portland vs. LA Clippers 7:00PM 

Post#42 » by Epicurus » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Last night showed again the power of offensive rebounding and its fatiguing impact of opposition. Glad this time it worked in the Blazers' favor. For those who earlier said it would be impossible to have Davis and Plumlee on the court at the same time, is it time to reconsider at least a bit?
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#43 » by Epicurus » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Last night showed again the power of offensive rebounding and its fatiguing impact of opposition. Glad this time it worked in the Blazers' favor. For those who earlier said it would be impossible to have Davis and Plumlee on the court at the same time, is it time to reconsider at least a bit?
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#44 » by Downtown » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Yeah I really appreciated the work effort of both Davis and Plumlee. It's no easy task to hold your ground against the Griffin/Jordan duo but they competed hard. It also helps having Aminu doing his best work defensively a bit closer to the basket to offer help.

Overall there weren't any complaints. The couple of times the Clippers looked to take momentum and open a larger lead the guys were able to stop it and tie it up. I thought we also did a good job to make Crawfords shots more difficult.

Despite the competitive loss talk everyone needs to see wins like this.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#45 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Moonbeam wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:The west looks so bad right now, we could honestly play bad and still get the 12th pick...scary.

Don't count on it. New Orleans should have a better than Portland, and everyone else ahead of Portland should finish with a better record as well. I can't see the Blazers finishing better than 13th in the West, barring injuries to other teams.

Those who are hoping for a high lottery pick should be grateful that the East is picking up some early wins.

Really? I mean Sac looks like a mess, the Pelicans started 1-10, I would be surprised if they have a better record with their injuries. Denver, Minny, and Hou are all really bad. I think we might finished at the daunted 9th-11th spot in the west. We better hope the East continues their decent .500 record teams, wouldn't count on it though.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,164

Post#46 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

Really? I mean Sac looks like a mess, the Pelicans started 1-10, I would be surprised if they have a better record with their injuries. Denver, Minny, and Hou are all really bad. I think we might finished at the daunted 9th-11th spot in the west. We better hope the East continues their decent .500 record teams, wouldn't count on it though.

Yeah, Portland's looking sad because of a tough road-trip (and I'm starting to believe Meyers spacing was more important than we realized) but we were more competitive in those games than a lot of other teams are looking.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,315

Post#47 » by Shem » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:47 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOKQYBF0i4E[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#48 » by Moonbeam » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:16 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

I think Portland will likely finish ahead of Sacramento. The Pelicans are only 2.5 games behind Portland currently. I don't see how they don't make up that gap. Houston has too much top-end talent to flounder for the whole season, IMO. I think Denver and Minnesota have enough talent to compete better than they have in awhile. I guess Portland could finish ahead of some of those teams, but I still think they finish 13th in the West.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers