ImageImage

Game 18: Portland vs New Orleans 7:00pm Comcast

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Re: Game 18: Portland vs New Orleans 7:00pm Comcast 

Post#61 » by Matt800 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 am

Seeing Leonard score in the paint was encouraging. As if to think a big would play like a big! He actually had decent stats too, I didn't realize he hit as many shots as he did. I'd enjoy seeing him be aggressive in the paint more and attacking the hoop. Probably wouldn't always be pretty, but in the long run it would probably pay off to get him functional.

Layman was also +11 in his +/- in 5 minutes of play. :)
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Re: RE: Re: Game 18: Portland vs New Orleans 7:00pm Comcast 

Post#62 » by Dame Lizard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 am

Matt800 wrote:Seeing Leonard score in the paint was encouraging. As if to think a big would play like a big! He actually had decent stats too, I didn't realize he hit as many shots as he did. I'd enjoy seeing him be aggressive in the paint more and attacking the hoop. Probably wouldn't always be pretty, but in the long run it would probably pay off to get him functional.

Layman was also +11 in his +/- in 5 minutes of play. :)

Yep Meyers looked soooo much better when he wasn't just camping out on the 3 pt line. Long may it continue.

Sent from my R7g using RealGM mobile app
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#63 » by Shem » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:34 pm

April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#64 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 am

Crabbe is really dealing with a slump right now, it might be advisable to give more minutes to Layman while Crabbe is slumping so bad.

Over the last 3 games Crabbe has shot .143 .167 and .333 during the Pelicans game, I mean that type of shooting kills a team and it really hurts a team that relies heavily on offense like the Blazers do. You obviously don't want to bench him permanently, but this team needs his offense when he is on the court he gets wide open 3s from guys like Lillard and McCollum those shots need to go down.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#65 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 am

monopoman wrote:Crabbe is really dealing with a slump right now, it might be advisable to give more minutes to Layman while Crabbe is slumping so bad.

Over the last 3 games Crabbe has shot .143 .167 and .333 during the Pelicans game, I mean that type of shooting kills a team and it really hurts a team that relies heavily on offense like the Blazers do. You obviously don't want to bench him permanently, but this team relies on his offense when he is on the court especially since he gets wide open 3s from guys like Lillard and McCollum.

it's too bad he doesn't do something else with any kind of effectiveness besides shoot the ball. Then, you could maybe justify playing him thru a slump (never be able to justify that ridiculous contract)

but Crabbe is a weak defender who fouls too much, an anemic rebounder, and can't initiate offense for himself or anybody else. If he's tossing bricks, he a big net negative

move Turner to backup SG and Layman to backup SF...that would be something to try. At least Turner can play something like defense and dribble the ball; he's also cut way down on his turnovers lately

Return to Portland Trail Blazers