ImageImage

Game 46: Portland @ Boston 2:00pm Comcast

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Re: Game 46: Portland @ Boston 2:00pm Comcast 

Post#61 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:55 am

GreenRiddler wrote:Man Lillard is just not a very good 3 point shooter, very up and down year to year, shooting 30% this month. For a guy that scores almost exclusively at the rim and from beyond the arc, he has got to get some consistency in both those areas, year in and year out. Far too often it is a good year from one area and a bad year from the other.

Lillard was absolutely fine until his injury... he's really struggled with his shot overall since sitting out.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#62 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Random win. We will probably blow an easy home game anyways. I wish I could be more optimistic but this has been a sea saw season
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,082

Post#63 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Brandon-Clyde wrote:4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:

Umm, that's not Kate Hudson
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Brandon-Clyde wrote:OT GLB pic
Spoiler:

That's not Kate Hudson either. What the heck? You post a couple of wrong GLB's and the Blazers win? Hmm, you might be on to something BC!!!
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:28 pm

zzaj wrote:I beg to differ on saying Meyers Leonard had a good game. He did everything he usually does, except he happened to make 4 wide open shots instead of missing 4 wide open shots. His two big dunks were from completely uncontested rolls to the basket, dunking over guards. He still only had 4 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 3 turnovers, and plenty of slow and lost defense in 25 minutes of action.

Let him play some average defense, make a couple good, well defended plays at the rim and get to double digits in rebounds before calling it 'good'.

Maybe he was insinuating that for Meyers Leonard, he actually had a good game?!?!?
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,514

Post#66 » by zzaj » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 am

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
zzaj wrote:I beg to differ on saying Meyers Leonard had a good game. He did everything he usually does, except he happened to make 4 wide open shots instead of missing 4 wide open shots. His two big dunks were from completely uncontested rolls to the basket, dunking over guards. He still only had 4 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 3 turnovers, and plenty of slow and lost defense in 25 minutes of action.

Let him play some average defense, make a couple good, well defended plays at the rim and get to double digits in rebounds before calling it 'good'.

Maybe he was insinuating that for Meyers Leonard, he actually had a good game?!?!?

I assume that's what was meant (at least I hope so). Still, Meyers looked the same to me as he has the past few years. Sometimes those wide open shots go in, sometimes they don't.

Then again, I tend to not let shooting % be my compass for when somebody has a 'good' game. If a player plays above the ability level they've shown, and shows development--that's when I call it a 'good' game.

Using Lillard as an example, he may go 13-17 from the field and score 35 points but I wouldn't call that a good game. It'd be a good shooting game. If he racked up 14 assists, 8 rebounds, 5 steals and a couple of blocks, figures out how to score points and get open looks based on what the defense gives and meanwhile leads his team to a win...that's when I call it a good game for Lillard.

I'm sure this is splitting hairs for some...it's just how I view talent. You only really get a 'good game' from me if you are demonstrating the next level of your ability.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers