DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: 2017 Draft Day & Rumors II. 

Post#101 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:Looks like Rubio to Utah for 2018 OKC first and capspace

Who's playing PG for the Wolves now with Dunn and Rubio gone?

And I suppose this means Hill is probably out of Utah now.

I suspect they'll lose Hayward also this summer, that Jazz team is gonna be pretty different next season and likely not for the better.

Minny goes after Lowry? Hill?

Utah needs a shooter - PLEASE take Crabbe Utah! lol

Do the Wolves have cash for that?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#102 » by Blazinaway » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Who's playing PG for the Wolves now with Dunn and Rubio gone?

And I suppose this means Hill is probably out of Utah now.

I suspect they'll lose Hayward also this summer, that Jazz team is gonna be pretty different next season and likely not for the better.

maybe as they got pure capspace in the Rubio deal (13.4 milish)
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#103 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:46 pm

It seems to me our biggest need right now is a competent backup PG who plays good defense.

Hill - Too expensive
Holiday - Too expensive
Teague - Too expensive
Rubio - Just traded Utah
Bradley - Boston is hard to deal with and have many other things going, maybe we can sneak into the deal but it would be expensive
Smart - Same as Bradley
Brogdon - Just won ROY, doubt Milwaukee gives him up
Beverley - Just traded to Clippers, maybe he's available if Griffin leaves and they blow it up?
Rondo - Just waived, maybe pick him up on an exception?

Anyone else have an idea to help our depth chart?

Lillard - ??
McCollum - Crabbe - Connaughton
Harkless - Turner - Layman
Vonleh - Aminu - Collins - Swannigan
Nurkic - Davis - Leonard
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#104 » by Blazinaway » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:

maybe as they got pure capspace in the Rubio deal (13.4 milish)

someone on the trade board said about 34 mil if they renounce Shabazz
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#105 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:It seems to me our biggest need right now is a competent backup PG who plays good defense.

Hill - Too expensive
Holiday - Too expensive
Teague - Too expensive
Rubio - Just traded Utah
Bradley - Boston is hard to deal with and have many other things going, maybe we can sneak into the deal but it would be expensive
Smart - Same as Bradley
Brogdon - Just won ROY, doubt Milwaukee gives him up
Beverley - Just traded to Clippers, maybe he's available if Griffin leaves and they blow it up?
Rondo - Just waived, maybe pick him up on an exception?

Anyone else have an idea to help our depth chart?

Lillard - ??
McCollum - Crabbe - Connaughton
Harkless - Turner - Layman
Vonleh - Aminu - Collins - Swannigan
Nurkic - Davis - Leonard

it's going to be just like last year...CJ-Turner-Napier will take turns trying to run the offense, and for the most part, be ineffective at it. Lotsa iso-ball
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#106 » by Goldbum » Sat Jul 1, 2017 3:03 am

I have more faith in CJ/Turner and especially Napier than Wize does.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#107 » by Wizenheimer » Sat Jul 1, 2017 3:44 am

Goldbum wrote:I have more faith in CJ/Turner and especially Napier than Wize does.

context:

Deblazer was asking about "a competent backup PG who plays good defense". None of those guys fit that description
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#108 » by deanwoof » Sat Jul 1, 2017 5:22 am

Come on. Do something. Trade Meyers.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,846

Post#109 » by Norm2953 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 5:46 am

Portland's biggest need is not a PG but a SF who can handle the ball, shoot and play solid defense.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#110 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:48 am

Norm2953 wrote:Portland's biggest need is not a PG but a SF who can handle the ball, shoot and play solid defense.

I feel like that is actually a pretty tall order in the modern NBA. We had Batum who was probably one of the more realistic options, and we constantly complained about his inconsistency.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,531

Post#111 » by zzaj » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:51 am

Curry with 40million per year. With the amount of money he brings to the league, he probably deserves it. I can't fathom the amount of money he's making if you factor in endorsements. His yearly salary alone is easily over twice what his father made in his whole career. Pretty amazing...

I'd never wish an injury on anyone, and they'd still be formidable without him, but I'll chuckle and shake my head at the GSW if his ankles give out again.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,531

Post#112 » by zzaj » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:01 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:Portland's biggest need is not a PG but a SF who can handle the ball, shoot and play solid defense.

I feel like that is actually a pretty tall order in the modern NBA. We had Batum who was probably one of the more realistic options, and we constantly complained about his inconsistency.

In moments of hindsight I often wonder what Batum would have been like without Aldridge on those teams, and a system geared around Aldridge. While he'll always be a "floaty" player, he's played less like that in CHA since his usage has gone up. If you could deal with his inopportune injuries, he'd be a pretty ideal addition for this current Blazer roster.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#113 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:29 am

Oh man Oladipo is a journeyman now. Lol. He got traded for 2 expiring contracts in a row. I can't say I am surprised, he is a role player who doesn't know how to play like one.

OKC did some magic. Screwed the Celtics, got the Lakers sweating and dumped Oladipos contract. While making Westbrook happy.

I still think PG bolts. I also think it was a good trade for OKC. Indy gets an ok rotation prospect. A guy who will probably just be a Wesley Matthews playing like he's Kobe and Indy fans in the arena watching the guy who played there in college.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#114 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:34 am

People can cry about the backup pg position. It will be the same guy running it as long as he has a contract with Portland. Gotta laugh at it being our biggest need. McCollum actually plays some great defense on PGs.

The team played like trash on D and Turner was ineffective as that big wing ballhandler but a backup 7 min position, playing defense on the Raul Netos of the world is super important.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#115 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:41 am

I don't mind the swap between Utah and Minny in the draft boards.

I gotta say I think this may be the year they make the playoffs. Still Wiggins Butler and Teague. That is a Wade-Rondo-Butler like non-shooting perimeter.

They"ll have a noticeable cap to their ceiling until they get some shooters.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#116 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:43 am

Pdx4life wrote:I think everyone would be foolish to think that Harden and CP3 won't be able to figure out how to play together.

Oh I think they'll figure it out. They'll just cancel each other's effectiveness. We either see someone who doesn't look like the usual CP3 or Harden. You can't fully utilize CP by making him a spotup shooter like Harden makes everyone. Also can't force Harden to be a spotup shooter cause he ain't.
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#117 » by Waynearchetype » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:09 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:I don't mind the swap between Utah and Minny in the draft boards.

I gotta say I think this may be the year they make the playoffs. Still Wiggins Butler and Teague. That is a Wade-Rondo-Butler like non-shooting perimeter.

They"ll have a noticeable cap to their ceiling until they get some shooters.

Their best shooter is their center...
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#118 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:54 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
Pdx4life wrote:I think everyone would be foolish to think that Harden and CP3 won't be able to figure out how to play together.

Oh I think they'll figure it out. They'll just cancel each other's effectiveness. We either see someone who doesn't look like the usual CP3 or Harden. You can't fully utilize CP by making him a spotup shooter like Harden makes everyone. Also can't force Harden to be a spotup shooter cause he ain't.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be OK playing together, but they're an unnatural pairing to say the least. They're almost the exact same player in terms of style of play, just that Harden is a few inches taller and is able to get to the line more often than Paul.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#119 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:56 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:Oh man Oladipo is a journeyman now. Lol. He got traded for 2 expiring contracts in a row. I can't say I am surprised, he is a role player who doesn't know how to play like one.

OKC did some magic. Screwed the Celtics, got the Lakers sweating and dumped Oladipos contract. While making Westbrook happy.

I still think PG bolts. I also think it was a good trade for OKC. Indy gets an ok rotation prospect. A guy who will probably just be a Wesley Matthews playing like he's Kobe and Indy fans in the arena watching the guy who played there in college.

I never once understood the Oladipo love from they day he was drafted until now. Undersized SG who's not a great shooter, not an adept passer only passable on defense. Yet for some reason teams fall over themselves to get him.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#120 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Jul 2, 2017 1:39 am

DusterBuster wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:Oh man Oladipo is a journeyman now. Lol. He got traded for 2 expiring contracts in a row. I can't say I am surprised, he is a role player who doesn't know how to play like one.

I never once understood the Oladipo love from they day he was drafted until now. Undersized SG who's not a great shooter, not an adept passer only passable on defense. Yet for some reason teams fall over themselves to get him.

Yeah I never got it either. He is a good player but people make him out to be more than he is. I think it's cause he is that chip on his shoulder type that people love.

I don't think the Magic miss him though and they got very little for Ibaka who they traded for him. I think he just doesn't know what type of player he is suppose to be because he went #2. It was painful watching him create for himself and be the center of the offense with Westbrook resting.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers