ImageImage

Huge Blockbuster brewing between Pistons and Blazers

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Re: Huge Blockbuster brewing between Pistons and Blazers 

Post#81 » by JD45 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:09 pm

RipCity7 wrote:Elite PG? Any chance its stuckey?

0 chance.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#82 » by Spykes » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Ripcity4life wrote:Here it is :

Houston trading Artest and Scola + maybe other small part or 2 TO the JAZZ for Boozer and Parts

This would be BAD for the Blazers but would wait for the 1st Coach murders player headline on ESPN. I believe Sloan would kill Artest in a month or less and i would also a Reality show made just following there interactions. I would call it Old school Vs the wacko

Interesting trade. Could be bad for Portland, but it could also be great for them. for as much as Artest can do on the court, it can be outweighed by the chaos he can create in the lockerroom.

The Rockets really beef up their front court, but they're just adding to their collection of injury prone players by adding Boozer. I guess it's kinda a was with Artest in Utah tho. He's not exactly been the picture of health (physically or mentally) for awhile now.

Still an interesting trade tho.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#83 » by freshie2 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:22 pm

RipCity7 wrote:Elite PG? Any chance its stuckey?

Andre Miller
tisbee
Starter
And1: 0

Post#84 » by tisbee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Almost Zero chance of Boozer to Hou. 1)Puts Hou in Lux Tax which team refuses to do. 2)Gives Jazz 16 players,who are they going to buy out?

Back to Detroit,Portland. Pistons enjoyed great success w/2 combo gds in Zeke and Joe. If Joe wanted to go back to that formula,the Blazer he wants is Bayless,to pair w/Stuckey. AI will vanish in the summer and he needs to unload Rip. So think of a 3-way that has Bayless to Detroit and Rip somewhere else.
As an example:
Portland sends Bayless,Lafrenz to Detroit and Blake to Chicago.
Detroit sends Rip,Kwame to Chicago.
Chicago sends Hinrich,Sefolosha,Gooden to Portland.

Port-Bayless,Blake,LaFrenz out;Hinrich,Sefolosha,Gooden in.
Detroit-Brown,Hamilton out;Bayless,Lafrenz in.
Chi-Gooden,Hinrich,Sefolosha out;Blake,Brown,Hamilton in.
Salaries just about stay the same,except Detroit gets the LaFrenz bonus and would prob have to compensate Portland w/a pick.
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#85 » by a_sensei » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:34 pm

tisbee wrote:Almost Zero chance of Boozer to Hou. 1)Puts Hou in Lux Tax which team refuses to do. 2)Gives Jazz 16 players,who are they going to buy out?

Back to Detroit,Portland. Pistons enjoyed great success w/2 combo gds in Zeke and Joe. If Joe wanted to go back to that formula,the Blazer he wants is Bayless,to pair w/Stuckey. AI will vanish in the summer and he needs to unload Rip. So think of a 3-way that has Bayless to Detroit and Rip somewhere else.
As an example:

Salaries just about stay the same,except Detroit gets the LaFrenz bonus and would prob have to compensate Portland w/a pick.

Blazers aren't going to trade their top two tradeable assets (RLEC and Bayless) as well as Blake and get only Hinrich back. I like Kirk but not that much.
Also, I agree that Dumars was a combo guard but Isiah was a pure PG.
CurryPuff
Sophomore

Post#86 » by CurryPuff » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Tommy Dee of RealGM heard Miwaukee is said to be talking about Ridenour and RJ.

it's mentioned in his chat. He had them in talks to get a a PG like a month ago. Either way it seems they are making a move.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2009/02/14 ... live-chat/

ah bruno, the phone bill here is high with calls to the pacific northwest. Why? blazers rumors/

They wanted Andre Miller but it's looking as if there isn't a match with Philly as the sixers would have to add another cheaper piece and they like those guys. They'd be getting raef's contract back,

There's word that a deal with Milwaukee could be in the works and I don't have all the specifics but Luke Ridenour and RJ have been mentioned. I'll post that as soon as i hear it.

They want a veteran PG but are having trouble working out a deal with Philly for Miller.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#87 » by Spykes » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:20 pm

CurryPuff wrote:Tommy Dee of RealGM heard Miwaukee is said to be talking about Ridenour and RJ.

it's mentioned in his chat. He had them in talks to get a a PG like a month ago. Either way it seems they are making a move.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2009/02/14 ... live-chat/

ah bruno, the phone bill here is high with calls to the pacific northwest. Why? blazers rumors/

They wanted Andre Miller but it's looking as if there isn't a match with Philly as the sixers would have to add another cheaper piece and they like those guys. They'd be getting raef's contract back,

There's word that a deal with Milwaukee could be in the works and I don't have all the specifics but Luke Ridenour and RJ have been mentioned. I'll post that as soon as i hear it.

They want a veteran PG but are having trouble working out a deal with Philly for Miller.

I think he's just reiterating the rumor from Canzano.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#88 » by cucad8 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:33 pm

He also thinks we'll sign Nate to a MLE deal this summer. Of course, we won't have the MLE, unless we trade Raef for a contract. Can't see signing Nate to a full MLE deal as being all that great of a move.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#89 » by PDXKnight » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:25 am

cucad8 wrote:He also thinks we'll sign Nate to a MLE deal this summer. Of course, we won't have the MLE, unless we trade Raef for a contract. Can't see signing Nate to a full MLE deal as being all that great of a move.

Who knows, he might well 'earn' the money on some teams, but for Portland, we have enough no-defense all-offense players. My current stance is that unless either our players improve defensively or we go after a defensive player, we will not win a title. I'd hope KP sees this as well and would use the MLE on a more defensive player than a 5-9 Nate Robinson. Granted, the guy is flat out amazing considering his size, but does anyone else recall KP saying we weren't interested in small guards after we dealt away Sebastian Telfair a couple of years ago? Who knows, anything's possible, but I'd presume that KP still has a similar stance after seeing the guards he's signed and drafted.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#90 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:33 am

tisbee wrote:Almost Zero chance of Boozer to Hou. 1)Puts Hou in Lux Tax which team refuses to do. 2)Gives Jazz 16 players,who are they going to buy out?

As an example:

I'm sorry, but I think that is a pretty bad trade for Portland. Of course, I happen to think bayless has a lot of potential.

But, in the middle of a playoff run to trust the PG position to a newcomer and sergio, is incredibly risky, and the payoff (Hinrich) is not that good.

I've been a proponent of portland getting Hinrich, but doing it cheaply. That's because Hinrich is not that great an upgrade over blake, and Portland has a bigger hole at SF then at PG.

Unless Portland is bringing in a major upgrade, Bayless should stay a blazer
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#91 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:41 am

ok...Portland has the MLE to use, and they have a choice between Brandon Bass, Trevor Ariza, Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith, Matt Barnes, & Nate Robinson.

And the blazers take nate robinson?
Khazim
Veteran
And1: 114

Post#92 » by Khazim » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:44 am

Wizenheimer wrote:ok...Portland has the MLE to use, and they have a choice between Brandon Bass, Trevor Ariza, Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith, Matt Barnes, & Nate Robinson.

Well, he might be the only one that doesn't get matched/outbid. I still wouldn't sign him though.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#93 » by Ripcity4life » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:08 am

I agree Nate Robinson to Portland seems like a longshot because he is very small also i think because of Rudy being here makes it unlikely. Fans need to remember Roy and Nate are VERY good friends so it's not as far fetched as some think but Nate just does not fit what this team needs.

Also i did something interesting on the NEW Espn Trade machine and did a Chicago Trade for Kirk and one for Andre Miller and the results were surprising.

Chicago Scenario:
I do not remember the exact deal but the chicago deal was like Blake and Raef and Outlaw for Kirk and Noce and the projected WIN total went down by 7. Then i played around subing Noce out and best i think i got was Wins down by 3 or 4.

NOW to the Sixers

I went Sergio , Frye and Raef to SIxers for Andre Miller and Reggie Evans and Win projected Win total went up by 7. Did a few variations even taking Sergio out nad putting in Blake and still got a +5 wins.

I realize the trade machine is not the end all to be all but since it also uses Hollinger's thing i do think it adds some credibility to it. Even though Andre is older then Kirk i still believe he is the ideal PG to take the reins of this team. I do believe the fact Kirk missed most of season is affecting this so prolly not as bad as i have made it out. In the end the Blazers could not go wrong with either but i favor Andre Miller as he has more playoff exp i believe and Kirk has maybe 1 year ?? I am not sure of my last statement but i believe it to be true about the playoff exp.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#94 » by JD45 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 am

Wizenheimer wrote:ok...Portland has the MLE to use, and they have a choice between Brandon Bass, Trevor Ariza, Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith, Matt Barnes, & Nate Robinson.

I think Brandon Bass could be a good option. Because he will have only been with Dallas for 2 years, they don't have full Bird rights and cannot exceed the MLE to sign him. The Blazers will have enough cap to exceed the MLE, so they could outbid Dallas and any other team over the cap. And since Bass is a super sub, but really not suited to be a full time starter, I doubt any other team over the cap bids for him.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#95 » by Mr Odd » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:49 am

Pritchard wont put Nate Rob on the Blazers.

Emotinal problems along with his size, uh no.. .

:wink:
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,843

Post#96 » by Norm2953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:23 am

As I said in my other post, I think we are going to strike out in getting Prince
and while we could get Amare, its more likely the Suns will officially fire
Terry Porter and go back to typical Suns basketball which will make most
of the team happy. I think it more likely we will deal Frye's expiring contract
for veteran PF that will most produce yawns on this board.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,873

Post#97 » by JasonStern » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:31 am

as much as I'd love to see prince in a blazers uniform, it would be ill advised for detroit to accept what the blazers would be willing to offer for him.

if the blazers did deal with detroit, it'd probably be something like raef, frye, and diogu for iverson, afflalo, and a 1st. detroit isn't winning with iverson, so this trade saves detroit millions (from rlec's insurance, the difference in salaries, and not signing a player in the draft) while taking a chance that frye might return to his late last season form given a new coach and environment. for portland, we trade no core pieces, keeping team chemistry in tact. if iverson could contribute, then that's a plus for a playoff push, but failing that he could be bought out or be inactive for the rest of the season. portland also picks up two small pieces in the additional first round pick and afflalo that can be used at the end of the season with our current pick and future cap space to pull off a later trade (ideally one like bosh, who could then be eligible for a contract extension).
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Yangsing
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by Yangsing » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 am

Prince or bust. Amare, **** no.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#99 » by Liqourish » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:20 am

The thing is, Prince isn't as highly regarded among other teams as he is with the Pistons because his affect on the game goes beyond statsheets. I must admit, Blazer fans respect Tay more than other fanbases, but I still think it would be hard for Joe D to get fair value for Tayshaun in a trade.

It's hard to make a deal work because Portland has alot of small contracts, so without giving up Oden/Roy/LA Portland needs to include more players to make salaries match.

If Dumars was open to trading Tay and to Portland, I could see a package around Bayless/Outlaw/Frye/Portland's 2009 1st for Tayshaun/2nd round pick (<--Detroit has 3 this year)

S. Blake/S. Rodriquez
B. Roy/R. Fernandez
T. Prince/N. Batum
L. Aldridge/I. Diogu
G. Oden/J. Pryzbilla

Blazers can still go after a PG or draft one. Your GM knows how to go out and find talent. Detroit really doesn't need RLEC because they have Sheed/AI/Dice/Herrmann/Acker all coming off the books this summer.
kajuayn
Freshman

Post#100 » by kajuayn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 am

Liqourish wrote:
It's hard to make a deal work because Portland has alot of small contracts, so without giving up Oden/Roy/LA Portland needs to include more players to make salaries match.

If Dumars was open to trading Tay and to Portland, I could see a package around Bayless/Outlaw/Frye/Portland's 2009 1st for Tayshaun/2nd round pick (<--Detroit has 3 this year)

S. Blake/S. Rodriquez
B. Roy/R. Fernandez
T. Prince/N. Batum
L. Aldridge/I. Diogu
G. Oden/J. Pryzbilla

Blazers can still go after a PG or draft one. Your GM knows how to go out and find talent. Detroit really doesn't need RLEC because they have Sheed/AI/Dice/Herrmann/Acker all coming off the books this summer.

Bayless is not going ANYWHERE. The reason Pritchard does not make midseason trades, especially with players in the rotation, is because the organization has not had adequate time to review and grade their players. Bayless has been in Portland for slightly more than 1/2 a season and JUST entered the rotation a month ago...Rodriguez or Blake will be traded before Bayless...and if Bayless is traded, it would have to be for a pg as well. The trade with Detroit will most likely be a three way trade because, as Liquorish noted, they do not need RLEC contract as much as most team.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers