Re: Huge Blockbuster brewing between Pistons and Blazers 

Post#61 » by v1n5anity » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:48 am

you guys are getting Iverson. :lol:
Nsync_Beckham
Junior
And1: 8

Post#62 » by Nsync_Beckham » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:26 pm

i hope we get any of the following: iverson, prince, and wallace...how sweet would it be to see wallace back in a blazers uni!
dYYYh.kĀ²
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#63 » by dYYYh.kĀ² » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Nsync_Beckham wrote:i hope we get any of the following: iverson, prince, and wallace...how sweet would it be to see wallace back in a blazers uni!

lemons?
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#64 » by Klinky » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:17 pm

It's obvious KP is trying to secure up Iverson. PG of the Future! :lol:
Circus Americano!
PacificBlazer
Starter
And1: 128

Post#65 » by PacificBlazer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:23 pm

:lol: People actually think KP would bring back Rasheed???

I would love to have Prince, hope there is some truth to this rumor....
Oh hi Realgm
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#66 » by Spykes » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Maybe we're getting Sheed AND AI. The media would have a field day with that one. :lol:
PacificBlazer
Starter

Post#67 » by PacificBlazer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Or maybe Prince and AI? :lol:
Oh hi Realgm
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#68 » by JD45 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Spykes wrote:Maybe we're getting Sheed AND AI. The media would have a field day with that one. :lol:

That would be an ugly day.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
kajuayn
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#69 » by kajuayn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:39 pm

hmmm...see upcoming post :lol:
Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#70 » by Low-Ki » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:55 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:Give us Tayshaun.. give him to us.. accept our unbalanced trade.

:lol:

Prince has made it to at least the conference finals every year he has been in the league - that's pretty damn impressive (though very likely to end this season barring a trade). Also above and beyond his on court play, he's our locker room glue guy - heck he was on the Olympic team for this reason more than his on court play.

I have a hard time believing we'll trade him, but if we did Portland would be a good fit as he'd be perfect for you guys and you have a lot of young talent that Dumars would be interested in.
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#71 » by Sinobas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 pm

If Tayshaun came here, he could be our Prince.

But I'd still love to get Gay! :wink:
kajuayn
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#72 » by kajuayn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:58 pm

sir_trout wrote:i would trade rlec and two or three of webster/outlaw/batum/frye/whatever for prince and contract filler in a second. prince is the absolutely perfect fit for us at SF. he is a competent offensive player who locks down the best player on the opposing team and can guard almost all positions on the floor. He is the best we could ever wish for batum to become, and has what seems to be just as good as character off the court. if we had to get rid of all of webster, outlaw, and batum to get him, i would just look in the offseason for a another quality wing/forward... like josh childress. im not familiar with his contract with olimpiacos but if it was possible he would also be perfect (maybe a little redundant but you can never have enough good defenders who are not offensively (Please Use More Appropriate Word)).

kajuayn wrote:While he is only 26, the Piston have gone deep into the post season every year he has been in the league.

prince is actually 28.

Now if we look at what I said...

kajuayn wrote: Tayshaun is a much better defender than Boris and Boris didn't do a HORRIBLE job, especially considering he had NO help defense and really is a PF. Maxiell has also seen significant time in the league, specifically in playoff experience. While he is only 26, the Pistons have gone deep into the post season every year he has been in the league. So, essentially, we are adding to playoff veterans to the team. Furthermore, Maxiell only plays about 16 min per game right now, which means he fits almost perfectly into the backup PF/banger/energy guy we wanted and needed off the bench.

...We can see I was referring to Jason Maxiell, hence how the sentence leading up to that statement...was about Maxiell...just saying.

mojomarc wrote: DmoneyH3 wrote:Travis is 2 times the player Martell is. He can play the 3 or 4. Statistically is around the same shooter from 3. He can create his own shot. And he is freaking clutch.

Too bad that most of the time in non-clutch situations he is busy shooting himself (and the team) in the foot. If he didn't, he'd be an all-star. But because he frequently can't get out of his own way, he's one of those players that is "intriguing" but that you basically never see on a team that can make it deep in the playoffs. Playoff teams seriously must be looking at us and thinking "all we have to do is press everyone else and leave Travis slightly open, and he'll eventually get the ball and shoot up an ill-advised, off-balance, ill-conceived shot and we can live with Travis trying to kill us with his 44% success rate."

Just because Travis is one of the few guys on the team that can create his own shot doesn't mean that he should do so nearly every time the ball hits his hands.

Thank you Mojo. That is the same thing I was going to add, but also that of all the blazers that have played consistently, with the exception of Bayless who really JUST started playing, Outlaw misses the most defensive rotations. It's really annoying and disappointing that Nate, as a defensive minded coach, has to play Outlaw so much, despite his obvious defensive deficiencies. AND hes pretty much a black hole on offense. That's why he cant start, he doesn't pass unless he HAS too, evidenced by his 1.1 assists in 27 minutes, compared to Rudy's 2.2 assists in 26 minutes, and that Batum gets .09 assists per game in 10 FEWER MINUTES PER GAME. Batum is also a 20 year old rookie. To address his 3 point percentage this year, it is higher than any that Webster has posted. However, Webster is a higher career 3 point shooter at 37% to Outlaw's 36%. While this difference appears small, it is not. Martell Webster has a sample size twice that of Outlaw. Webster has taken 750 three point shots in his career, and Outlaw has taken only 354 attempts. Mind you, of those 354 attempts 153 have come THIS season. Also, being a better team, I would argue Outlaw is getting far more open three point shots than Martell ever did.
Furthermore, this is John Hollinger's analysis of Outlaws 07-08 season. I am aware that this is the 08-09 season, but the statements are still extremely relevant, as his stats are nearly identical-except a higher 3point %- to last season.

"Outlaw relied on the J as much as any player in basketball, with nearly half his attempts on the season being long two-pointers. In fact, the only players to attempt more midrange jumpers than Outlaw were Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady (see Marvin Williams' comment). That's the entire list. And as a proportion of total shot attempts, Outlaw blew those two guys away.

The benefit to this approach was it allowed Outlaw to create shots without turning the ball over -- he was sixth among small forwards in usage rate and 14th in turnover ratio. The drawbacks, however, were twofold. First, those aren't high-percentage looks, as his TS% of 49.9 reveals. Second, he wasn't creating shots for anybody else, finishing with the fifth worst assist ratio at his position."--John Hollinger

It's hard to argue against those #'s.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#73 » by SabasRevenge! » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:26 pm

So the OP's still stuck on one post...I think this is BS.
jhern87
Starter

Post#74 » by jhern87 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Sinobas wrote:If Tayshaun came here, he could be our Prince.

But I'd still love to get Gay! :wink:

Gayest post of the year.. :D :lol:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#75 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:59 pm

SabasRevenge! wrote:So the OP's still stuck on one post...I think this is BS.

Yeah, that's usually not a good sign. I tend to believe that we're in talks with the Pistons, but I'm highly doubtful of any blockbuster trades, especially when a guy introduces the idea on his first post.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#76 » by Fitz303 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:08 pm

I would guess that its a 3 way with Phx. Something along the likes of Raef to Phx, Amare to Det, and Prince to Portland. Obviously there would be much more to it. Probably Aflalo and Sergio to Phx as well, maybe Travis to Detroit, etc..
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#77 » by SabasRevenge! » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Oden2 wrote:
SabasRevenge! wrote:So the OP's still stuck on one post...I think this is BS.

Yeah, that's usually not a good sign. I tend to believe that we're in talks with the Pistons, but I'm highly doubtful of any blockbuster trades, especially when a guy introduces the idea on his first post.

Agreed. The Pistons are one of probably 20 teams we're in "talks" with.

I'd be thrilled to land Prince, but it doesn't make much since from Detroit's end. Of all people they could trade, why Prince?
RipCity7
Junior
And1: 12

Post#78 » by RipCity7 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Elite PG? Any chance its stuckey?
dYYYh.kĀ²
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#79 » by dYYYh.kĀ² » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:28 pm

no.
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#80 » by Ripcity4life » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:07 pm

OK did not know where to put this new Non Blazer rumor and did not want to do it in TBpup's thread and this one is starting to look like BS but still fun to ponder so i hope no one minds.

Read this on a Hoopsworld Chat going on as i am typing this but Report on Radio has this VERY juicy Rumor and IF i happens could really effect the Blazers and might see a Coach murder a player .... LOL. I think could be BS but thought i would pass it along.

Here it is :

Houston trading Artest and Scola + maybe other small part or 2 TO the JAZZ for Boozer and Parts

This would be BAD for the Blazers but would wait for the 1st Coach murders player headline on ESPN. I believe Sloan would kill Artest in a month or less and i would also a Reality show made just following there interactions. I would call it Old school Vs the wacko

Return to Portland Trail Blazers