NEW ERA - KINGS vs. NUGGETS - 2/23

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Re: RE: Re: NEW ERA - KINGS vs. NUGGETS - 2/23 

Post#181 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 pm

916fan wrote:
Tatanka wrote:when you are talking about Bogdanovic here is his last night match..

What are we going to do with all of our SGs next year? Will we bring back McLemore? Even without him, we'll still have Hield, Bogdanovic, Richardson, and Temple. Temple can play the 3 spot from time to time. If Richardson bulks up a lot, I could see him potentially playing the 3.

I don't know how our lineups will work out. Hield: starting SG? Bogdanovic: backup SG? Temple: SF? Richardson backup SF?

I think Richardson is best suited as a small forward. He has some serious length but lacks first step foot speed. Also vlade said Bogdan is projected as a 2/3 while being able to play sf. Temple is a guy who should probably be playing 2, but can certainly log minutes and 1 and 3.

Our versatility is a good problem to have. I hope Mclemore finishes the season strong and we resign him cheap.

Hield/mclemore/bogdan/richardson/temple possibly Collison or lawson and hopefully a rookie all getting time 1-3.

As vlade said, we are moving towards positionless nba. Versatility is key. If you cant play more than 1 position it really hurts a team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NEW ERA - KINGS vs. NUGGETS - 2/23 

Post#182 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:51 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
916fan wrote:
Tatanka wrote:when you are talking about Bogdanovic here is his last night match..

What are we going to do with all of our SGs next year? Will we bring back McLemore? Even without him, we'll still have Hield, Bogdanovic, Richardson, and Temple. Temple can play the 3 spot from time to time. If Richardson bulks up a lot, I could see him potentially playing the 3.

I don't know how our lineups will work out. Hield: starting SG? Bogdanovic: backup SG? Temple: SF? Richardson backup SF?

I think Richardson is best suited as a small forward. He has some serious length but lacks first step foot speed. Also vlade said Bogdan is projected as a 2/3 while being able to play sf. Temple is a guy who should probably be playing 2, but can certainly log minutes and 1 and 3.

Our versatility is a good problem to have. I hope Mclemore finishes the season strong and we resign him cheap.

Hield/mclemore/bogdan/richardson/temple possibly Collison or lawson and hopefully a rookie all getting time 1-3.

As vlade said, we are moving towards positionless nba. Versatility is key. If you cant play more than 1 position it really hurts a team.

Drafting Miles Bridges would fit the positionless basketball roster theme.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#183 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:50 pm

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
916fan wrote:What are we going to do with all of our SGs next year? Will we bring back McLemore? Even without him, we'll still have Hield, Bogdanovic, Richardson, and Temple. Temple can play the 3 spot from time to time. If Richardson bulks up a lot, I could see him potentially playing the 3.

Yeah, try backing him down with Gallinari. :lol:
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#184 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:29 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I think Richardson is best suited as a small forward. He has some serious length but lacks first step foot speed. Also vlade said Bogdan is projected as a 2/3 while being able to play sf. Temple is a guy who should probably be playing 2, but can certainly log minutes and 1 and 3.

Yeah, try backing him down with Gallinari. :lol:

Best case scenario would be to get someone like Smith, Fox or Monk. Then grab Bridges. In order to do that we probably need a top 8 pick and another top 12.

Imagine that

Center - Papa
PF/C - WCS/Skal
SF/PF - Bridges
SG/SF - Richardson/Hield/Bogdan/McLemore
PG - Monk

Then bring back 1 of Collison or Lawson on a big 2 year deal to say thank you and we won't be using the cap anyways. Pickup the option for Tolliver. Still have Temple. Waive Rudy, let Afflalo go.

On Draft day id look to move Koufos/#35 and the lower of our picks to move up in the draft. Even if we go from say 13 to 11 it would be well worth it if we could grab Bridges lets say.

WCS/Papa
Skal/Tolliver
Temple/Richardson/Bridges
Hield/Mclemore/Bogdan
Collison/Monk

bring Bridges/Bogdan/Monk along slowly rather than putting them right into it. Joerger making the current rookies wait seems to be paying off with learning experience.

Thats versatility. Solid 12 man. Over the next 2 years we phase out Temple/Collison/Tolliver and of course not all of those young guys will pan out the way we hope.
KingsMilz
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#185 » by KingsMilz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
916fan wrote:

If Ben finishes out the season really well (we should resign him) and depending on what our picks are (drafting a SF/PF/PG) I would probably make a package of Temple/Richardson for what we need to upgrade. I'm also interested in bringing Tyreke back as the back up PG if the price is right cause I think he can help Skal/WCS as much as anyone on the team. If we still don't have a SF by next year (really never hope to see Rudy again) maybe going after the likes of MKG/TJ Warren/Kelly Obrue JR/Justin Anderson/Wilson Chandler/James Ennis who are all athletic and young enough to grow with this team would be an option.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: NEW ERA - KINGS vs. NUGGETS - 2/23 

Post#186 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed the win, trap game for the Nuggets and they fell flat into it !! Now look at your owner and get back to reality :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#187 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Glad you guys enjoyed the win, trap game for the Nuggets and they fell flat into it !! Now look at your owner and get back to reality :lol:

Go watch your boi Jokic get worked by WCS and eat some chicken nuggets
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#188 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:24 am

City of Trees wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Glad you guys enjoyed the win, trap game for the Nuggets and they fell flat into it !! Now look at your owner and get back to reality :lol:

Lmao so good

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#189 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:23 am

KingsMilz wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
916fan wrote:What are we going to do with all of our SGs next year? Will we bring back McLemore? Even without him, we'll still have Hield, Bogdanovic, Richardson, and Temple. Temple can play the 3 spot from time to time. If Richardson bulks up a lot, I could see him potentially playing the 3.

If Ben finishes out the season really well (we should resign him) and depending on what our picks are (drafting a SF/PF/PG) I would probably make a package of Temple/Richardson for what we need to upgrade. I'm also interested in bringing Tyreke back as the back up PG if the price is right cause I think he can help Skal/WCS as much as anyone on the team. If we still don't have a SF by next year (really never hope to see Rudy again) maybe going after the likes of MKG/TJ Warren/Kelly Obrue JR/Justin Anderson/Wilson Chandler/James Ennis who are all athletic and young enough to grow with this team would be an option.

I'd much rather trade Bogdan than Richardson. Richardson is younger, longer, better shooter, and much more room to grow. Temple is needed, I wouldn't want to not have at least 2-3 solid vets in the locker room. From what I've seen from temple even if he only logs minutes when someone's hurt he needs to be here. So if it comes down to tyreke or temple I go temple, but maybe there is room for both.

Assuming we get both picks this year, resign Ben, then trade Bogdan/Koufos/one of our picks to move up in the draft. Draft a pg let's say Monk. Draft a SF/PF tweener, let's say Bridges. At that point like I said we can give big 1-2 year deals to Tyreke/Collison if we want and play Monk into the rotation as he progresses.

WCS/Papa
Skal/Tolliver/Bridges
Richardson/Temple/Bridges
Hield/Mclemore
Collison/Tyreke/Monk

Thinking about tyreke/hield/temple/bridges/wcs as the ultimate run lineup. Tyreke and temple can both handle enough to make that work. That team has so much versatility
KingsMilz
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#190 » by KingsMilz » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:01 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
KingsMilz wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I think Richardson is best suited as a small forward. He has some serious length but lacks first step foot speed. Also vlade said Bogdan is projected as a 2/3 while being able to play sf. Temple is a guy who should probably be playing 2, but can certainly log minutes and 1 and 3.

I'd much rather trade Bogdan than Richardson. Richardson is younger, longer, better shooter, and much more room to grow. Temple is needed, I wouldn't want to not have at least 2-3 solid vets in the locker room. From what I've seen from temple even if he only logs minutes when someone's hurt he needs to be here. So if it comes down to tyreke or temple I go temple, but maybe there is room for both.

Assuming we get both picks this year, resign Ben, then trade Bogdan/Koufos/one of our picks to move up in the draft. Draft a pg let's say Monk. Draft a SF/PF tweener, let's say Bridges. At that point like I said we can give big 1-2 year deals to Tyreke/Collison if we want and play Monk into the rotation as he progresses.

WCS/Papa
Skal/Tolliver/Bridges
Hield/Mclemore
Collison/Tyreke/Monk

Thinking about tyreke/hield/temple/bridges/wcs as the ultimate run lineup. Tyreke and temple can both handle enough to make that work. That team has so much versatility

I would be willing also to trade Bogdan instead of Richardson but I really think we need one full sized SF next year (not Rudy)if we don't draft a talent like Tatum/Isaac.

I would disagree on Temple or Evans if we are buliding around Skal/WCS/Hield you need a guy who can breakdown the defense at will if we were to say sign a Jeff Teague to a nice deal than yeah bring back Temple instead but we need a Evans type player more so than a Temple (who i really like).
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#191 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 am

KingsMilz wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
KingsMilz wrote:If Ben finishes out the season really well (we should resign him) and depending on what our picks are (drafting a SF/PF/PG) I would probably make a package of Temple/Richardson for what we need to upgrade. I'm also interested in bringing Tyreke back as the back up PG if the price is right cause I think he can help Skal/WCS as much as anyone on the team. If we still don't have a SF by next year (really never hope to see Rudy again) maybe going after the likes of MKG/TJ Warren/Kelly Obrue JR/Justin Anderson/Wilson Chandler/James Ennis who are all athletic and young enough to grow with this team would be an option.

WCS/Papa
Skal/Tolliver/Bridges
Hield/Mclemore
Collison/Tyreke/Monk

I would be willing also to trade Bogdan instead of Richardson but I really think we need one full sized SF next year (not Rudy)if we don't draft a talent like Tatum/Isaac.

I would disagree on Temple or Evans if we are buliding around Skal/WCS/Hield you need a guy who can breakdown the defense at will if we were to say sign a Jeff Teague to a nice deal than yeah bring back Temple instead but we need a Evans type player more so than a Temple (who i really like).

Well I think the idea from what I was saying is that hield keeps progressing at that. Collison Is able to as well. Also the pg we draft should be capable of getting to the hole and kicking out and playing p&r with the big guys.

The alternative imo is to let Mclemore walk. Resign Tyreke. Move Bogdan and Koufos to move up as I said. Then chase a bigger small forward in free agency, Otto Porter would be my choice to throw big money at. Make Washington think about big money for wall/beal/Porter when they already have oubre waiting.

WCS/Papa
Skal/tolliver/bridges
Porter/Richardson
Hield/Temple
Collison/tyreke/Monk.

The great thing about this team is that if for instance Richardson flops, we just shift tyreke to backup sf and give more minutes to Monk. If they all pan out Eventually we phase out Collison and Tolliver. Move Monk to starting pg.

I also want length/height but I think overall length of a team is more important than individual guys. We saw yesterday how Hield and Tyreke were able to disrupt passes, temple is really good at that as well. All 3 of those guys can switch at any time on defense.

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#192 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 am

City of Trees wrote:

WCS has one good game and you guys go off :lol:

He's scoring 6.2ppg 2.9rpg .5apg and .5blk for the season while Jokic is scoring 16ppg 9rpg 4.3apg and .8blks

Eat those chicken nuggets !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#193 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:19 am

skywalker33 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

WCS has one good game and you guys go off

He's scoring 6.2ppg 2.9rpg .5apg and .5blk for the season while Jokic is scoring 16ppg 9rpg 4.3apg and .8blks

Dipping that chicken nugget in bbq sauce

https://streamable.com/qpstw

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#194 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:25 am

skywalker33 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Lol you came into the Kings forum to talk **** after we had a win? Stop being so butt hurt about the loss.

Considering WCS has played as the 3rd center on our roster and averaged 13mpg, I'd say that's a pretty terrible comparison. WCS looked faster, smarter, and better than Jokic last night, there is no debate on that.

Nobody said WCS is the better player but against each other wcs mopped the floor with him. I actually root for the Nuggets because Malone, but you've been a consistent hater for years. Only wish I knew why hahahaa

SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Post#195 » by SacSanity » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:31 am

Jokic has to be the most overrated player I think I have ever seen in my life. Oh wow, he can pass the ball... amazing.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NEW ERA - KINGS vs. NUGGETS - 2/23 

Post#196 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Nobody said WCS is the better player but against each other wcs mopped the floor with him. I actually root for the Nuggets because Malone, but you've been a consistent hater for years. Only wish I knew why hahahaa

Skywalker is cool. He just likes to talk sh*t even when his team gets smacked.

Castor_Troy
Senior
And1: 67

Post#197 » by Castor_Troy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:38 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

WCS has one good game and you guys go off :lol:

Beat it guy, come see us when Mike Malone actually wins a game against the Kings because so far it's not nuggets, it's doughnuts.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#198 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Castor_Troy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Go watch your boi Jokic get worked by WCS and eat some chicken nuggets

Beat it guy, come see us when Mike Malone actually wins a game against the Kings because so far it's not nuggets, it's doughnuts.

the best thing about Mike Malone to me is that the entire general/trade board still knocks us for letting him go. Yet if you go to the Nuggets forum they want him fired already lol.

Malone was good at handling Cousins personality aside from that I didn't think he had good rotations or a good offensive scheme.

FrodoBaggins
Senior
And1: 1,131

Post#199 » by FrodoBaggins » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Castor_Troy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

the best thing about Mike Malone to me is that the entire general/trade board still knocks us for letting him go. Yet if you go to the Nuggets forum they want him fired already lol.

Malone was good at handling Cousins personality aside from that I didn't think he had good rotations or a good offensive scheme.

Ah, the legendary 9-5 start to the 2014-2015 NBA season. Mike Malone, one of the all-time Sacramento greats.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: NEW ERA - KINGS vs. NUGGETS - 2/23 

Post#200 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:45 pm

FrodoBaggins wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Castor_Troy wrote:

Ah, the legendary 9-5 start to the 2014-2015 NBA season. Mike Malone, one of the all-time Sacramento greats.

It's pretty clear to me Joerger is the superior coach. Look at the games we've played them always making adjustments and Malone never counters.

Return to Sacramento Kings