ImageImageImageImageImage

Pistons Fan - Draft question

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Pistons Fan - Draft question 

Post#1 » by Piston Pete » Fri May 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Assuming the lottery holds true (at least for both our teams), what would it take for the Pistons for trade up with you guys? First off, Knight and Monroe are off the table for obvious reasons, but everyone else is available. I have listed our trade assets below.

#9 pick
#39 pick
#44 pick
PG Bynum (expiring)
PF Maxiell (expiring)
PG/SG Stuckey
SF Prince
SG Gordon
PF Villanueva
SF/PF Jerebko
SF Daye
C Macklin
rights to SF Kyle Singler

Personally, I was looking at; #9, Prince, and Maxiell (expiring) for your pick, Garcia, and Outlaw....but of course, you guys might have something else in mind. If so, what else would you be interested in?
Sacballer916
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Pistons Fan - Draft question 

Post#2 » by Sacballer916 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Prince with 9th for thorton?
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#3 » by Piston Pete » Fri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Sacballer916 wrote:Prince with 9th for thorton?

And your pick?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 pm

I highly doubt that included the pick, which is an answer that had nothing to do with what you asked for. :lol:

I don't know if the Kings have any interest in Prince, there were no indications that they made contact with him during free agency and they have targeted some of the available options this summer in the past. I could see the Kings trading down using Outlaw for a player like Maxiell if they are targeting someone that will be there at 9 anyway and are ready to call the Outlaw signing a mistake.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#5 » by SacTown Kings » Sat May 26, 2012 1:49 am

If Knight and Monroe are off the table that only leaves Prince as the only thing on the Pistons that is somewhat appealing. However there are only 5 players in this draft I really like and I'm sure they will be gone by the 9th pick sooooo I don't think I would trade the pick even for Prince and the 9th.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#6 » by pillwenney » Sat May 26, 2012 7:15 pm

I think the original deal you posted is interesting. I like Prince, but as SacKingzzz said, it doesn't appear our management has ever been interested in him. Because you know, it's not like we could use a good defensive SF that can play off the ball, and has championship experience or anything. :blank:

But ultimately, even doing that will depend on circumstances. I think we have bigger needs than SF.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#7 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Assuming the lottery holds true (at least for both our teams), what would it take for the Pistons for trade up with you guys? First off, Knight and Monroe are off the table for obvious reasons, but everyone else is available. I have listed our trade assets below.

#9 pick
#39 pick
#44 pick
PG Bynum (expiring)
PF Maxiell (expiring)
PG/SG Stuckey
SF Prince
SG Gordon
PF Villanueva
SF/PF Jerebko
SF Daye
C Macklin
rights to SF Kyle Singler

Personally, I was looking at; #9, Prince, and Maxiell (expiring) for your pick, Garcia, and Outlaw....but of course, you guys might have something else in mind. If so, what else would you be interested in?

Sorry dude, I don't see any package there that would net you the #5 pick if you take Knight and Monroe off the board.

I'd let you keep #9 and deal #5 straight up for Monroe or Knight, but I wouldn't liquidate the value of #5 by trading down for any of the pieces you have mentioned here.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#8 » by Piston Pete » Sun May 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Interesting...

I haven't really considered Knight straight up for #5. I figured you guys would want #9 + other incentives for #5.

I think Knight for #5 would be an interesting deal. Not sure if we'd do it - its close. Would most of you guys do it?
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by pillwenney » Mon May 28, 2012 1:54 am

Nah, I wouldn't do that. At this point, I don't think Knight is really any kind of answer for us. And because we've mismanaged some things in the last year, we have to really get what we need out of our remaining assets.
Call Me Geoff
Junior
And1: 68

Post#10 » by Call Me Geoff » Mon May 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Knight is not worth the #5 pick , IMO. A lot of holes in his game. I'd much rather let Jimmer develop more and use our pick on a Harrison Barnes. The Pistons are in a tough spot. They have no real assets to trade outside of their only untouchable (Monroe). It'll be a few years before they turn the corner.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by SacTown Kings » Mon May 28, 2012 5:59 pm

I think Prince is an asset and would be good for the Kings. However, I cannot see a situation where we trade for him giving up the #5 pick even if we get the #9 in return. After Davis, MKG, Robinson, Drummond and Barnes I am not excited about anyone else and all those guys should be gone by #9.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#12 » by Piston Pete » Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks for all your responses guys. I appreciate being able to have a good 2-way discussion. Can't always do that on other team's boards.

At #9, I was thinking you guys might like guys like Zeller, Leonard, Lillard, Marshall, Henson, or PJ3. Also hearing rumblings that Barnes has a good shot of falling that far if some guys (workout warriors like PJ3, Lamb, Lillard, Rivers or Leonard) move up - like some guys always seem to.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by SacTown Kings » Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Thanks for all your responses guys. I appreciate being able to have a good 2-way discussion. Can't always do that on other team's boards.

At #9, I was thinking you guys might like guys like Zeller, Leonard, Lillard, Marshall, Henson, or PJ3. Also hearing rumblings that Barnes has a good shot of falling that far if some guys (workout warriors like PJ3, Lamb, Lillard, Rivers or Leonard) move up - like some guys always seem to.

If Barnes ended up falling to #9 then I would do #5 for Prince and the #9, of course then we would have to figure out something with Salmons and being that nobody wants him there's not many options there. But I'm pretty sure our management would not do that so it's a moot point. And I think there are some people on this board that wouldn't mind Henson, I'm just not one of them. What's the deal with Gordon, I use to be a big fan although he is over paid, is he just not a good fit for Detroit?
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#14 » by Piston Pete » Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 am

He's (BG) still very good. He can score and shoot with the best of them. Can play pretty good D from time to time.....but most of the time, he's at a disadvantage size-wise defensively and gets abused.

His best role would be PG on defense -- SG, sharpshooter who can also create for others on offense.

IMO< he would work really well next to a SG who can handle PG duties offensively....like with you guys (Tyreke) or with the LAL with Kobe, or something like that.....
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by pillwenney » Tue May 29, 2012 5:33 pm

We have a younger, better Ben Gordon right now in Thornton. Not at all interested.

The only deal I see here is maybe Prince/#9 for #5...and maybe we'd have you guys take back Salmons or Outlaw or something. And whether or not we'd do that would depend heavily on circumstances.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#16 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Interesting...

I haven't really considered Knight straight up for #5. I figured you guys would want #9 + other incentives for #5.

I think Knight for #5 would be an interesting deal. Not sure if we'd do it - its close. Would most of you guys do it?

Yeah I worded that poorly, I was referencing Monroe and acknowledging you taking Knight off the board. Sorry for the confusion.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#17 » by Piston Pete » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:46 pm

#9 and the Pistons 2013 1st round pick

for

#5?
Inigo_Montoya
Pro Prospect
And1: 42

Post#18 » by Inigo_Montoya » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Piston Pete wrote:#9 and the Pistons 2013 1st round pick

for

#5?

Personally, I wouldn't like the trade because I'd much rather pick with the fifth this year. That said, if Petrie falls in love with a mid-lotto guy (like Henson) then I'd be okay with the move.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#19 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:19 am

I'd do that deal, Pistons might be in the lottery for another few years until they're cap is less cluttered and their young players develop. That could be two lotto picks for the Kings next year.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#20 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 am

Only if it's totally unprotected because if the Pistons are not in the lotto next year it is because everyone else in the East had their team plane crash.

Return to Sacramento Kings