ImageImageImageImageImage

Oh God no. Sold to Seattle owners?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Re: Oh God no. Sold to Seattle owners? 

Post#401 » by ADoaN17 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm

boogie-reke wrote:Also guys, looking back at some of the depressing posts here - who would have thought we'd reach this situation?

So proud whichever way this ends man.

Yeah some people have up hope early :lol:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#402 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#403 » by Wolfay » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 pm

If there's any truth to what Montemayor says, that's great news, and it looks like Hansen's greed may cost Seattle from ever getting a team back. Don't **** with Karma.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RealGM Forums mobile app
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#404 » by boogie-reke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm

After debunking the news that the judge dismissed the AB900 in relations to our arena, it seems like we're well on our way on the arena front as senator Steinberg's new bill is on its way and if passed will speed up our environmental reviews and would enable us to have a clear deadline together with the 175 days we'll have to handle any potential lawsuits - opposed to an indefinite timeline in Seattle in terms of handling the lawsuits that will come after their EIS is complete.

Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler 1h

Sen Steinberg intro's new bill to overhaul Calif enviro law with eye toward #NBAKings arena.

Stern last Friday noted uncertain status of 2011 law to streamline CEQA lawsuits. The bill intro'd today doesn't directly address that.

...but the bill today would help speed up lawsuits challenging projects like #NBAKings arena. Story coming to http://sacbee.com soon

Ryan Lillis ‏@Ryan_Lillis 1h

Steinberg's office: proposal would accelerate..pace at which Downtown Sacramento (arena) would proceed through the enviro. planning process
PetrieDish
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#405 » by PetrieDish » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm

I think expansion may have always been the plan. The NBA had to play it this way to ensure they got rid of the Maloofs. I mean we're talking about an organization that blatantly influences games through officiating. They're not afraid to play dirty to get what they want.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#406 » by ICMTM » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:12 pm

I can see getting rid of the Maloofs but if this is all spin I would have to say EVERYONE was in on it. I had a feeling the Kings/Sacramento side was waiting to use the Right of Refusal to get the Maloof's controlling interest. I also feel the team was not put together last minute, but announced when the timing was right. Everyone has wanted the Maloofs to sell.
KANGZZZZZ!
VeeJay24
Starter
And1: 11

Post#407 » by VeeJay24 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 pm

ICMTM wrote:I can see getting rid of the Maloofs but if this is all spin I would have to say EVERYONE was in on it. I had a feeling the Kings/Sacramento side was waiting to use the Right of Refusal to get the Maloof's controlling interest. I also feel the team was not put together last minute, but announced when the timing was right. Everyone has wanted the Maloofs to sell.

That''s what I find interesting about all of this; the right to match has rarely been mentioned since it was revealed to exist. It has been all but an afterthought since the groups went to NY. If really exist, I cannot see how Hansen can even think he will get this team no matter what the BOG decides. Furthermore, I cannot see the Hansen group even making a bid if they knew it could all go for not with the right to match unless the Maloofs convinced them that it didn't exist or that none of the minority owners could match.

I for one think the Maloofs knew it existed and used Hansen's gigantic desire to return a team to Seattle to jack the sale price way up to get themselves more money. If this was the Maloofs plan all along shame on them but I don't feel sorry for Hansen or Seattle; their arrogance and unapologetic actions; even though what they are attempting to do is the same thing that happen to them, are downright diabolical. So if Hansen ends up getting Maloofed due to not doing his homework; it is all on him
Sportz Gza
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#408 » by ICMTM » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Right of First Offer was discussed in the beginning but I feel the NBA said hey lets get to the bottom of this before we start making decisions. I truly believe the NBA DOES NOT want this to come to a vote. I feel the NBA wants to settle this without a vote so that the league avoids suit for starters. Removing a team from a market that is cooperating is a PR nightmare. The Sacramento groups has just done too much. We don't meet the requirement for relocation. I think this is why the relocation vote is before the sale.

The NBA does not want to tell the Seattle Group it cannot buy the team. I don't think the league has that authority and to pretend it does would cause lawsuits. I think that is why the league has only been discussing the relocation of the team and not the sale of the team. We're not stupid however as they both are one in the same in this instance. Yes monies binding agreements etc are questions asked by reporters and answered by Stern but what I read are arena timelines, markets (to include India), fans, business partners, etc. I don't hear the NBA talking about ownership groups, minority interests, the Maloofs, etc. If the NBA can build its case solely on relocation than it can say it was impartial in the process.

We can all agree the relocation of this team is stupid!

The Maloofs however are business men. I don't think they thought of pitting Sacramento against Seattle, but I think they knew the Kings are their last remaining asset of value. All of their previous moves had been predicated on Kings profits but no real monetary liability on their end. Virginia Beach was the last effort they could find with regards to getting a free arena. When that didn't happen the writing was on the wall for them.

The Maloofs sold because as we all know...they are cash strapped! When your halftime entertainment is Zumba dancers from CalFit (who probably paid their way in to participate either at the sponsorship level or the personal level) it screams you are broke. When your concession offerings are worse than a mobile food truck it screams you are broke. When you have Loan Mart as a sponsor in Sleep Train...you are broke.

The Maloofs had to take the deal. The Seattle Group preyed on the Maloofs. Unfortunately the Maloofs had to admit they were selling before Sacramento could get into the discussion.
KANGZZZZZ!
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#409 » by ICMTM » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 pm

I think the sale price was to deter anyone from matching on the Hansen part. Nothing more.
KANGZZZZZ!
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#410 » by ICMTM » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 pm

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2261659/Longs ... -the-court

Critics of the proposed SoDo sports arena in Seattle are pushing ahead with a legal challenge, accusing politicians of misleading the court.
Seattle's longshore union, ILWU Local 19, is asking a state appeals court to reverse a King County Superior Court Judge, who tossed out their suit in February.

The union claims the arena developer, along with city and county leaders, are violating state environmental law by making a final decision on citing the arena before an environmental review is complete. In new court briefs, the union's attorney claims arena backers can't tell the NBA they have an arena deal while at the same time telling a judge they haven't settled on a final location.

Information out of Seattle
KANGZZZZZ!
Chali2Na
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#411 » by Chali2Na » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 pm

The longshoremen are just crying because Hansen hasn't promised to build them a personal freeway entrance like the Mariners essentially did. Their lawsuit is a non-issue, and desperate cry for attention.
VeeJay24
Starter

Post#412 » by VeeJay24 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Chali2Na wrote:The longshoremen are just crying because Hansen hasn't promised to build them a personal freeway entrance like the Mariners essentially did. Their lawsuit is a non-issue, and desperate cry for attention.

Doesn't matter; the NBA sees it as a potential hang up to their arena timeline. An easy reason to deny expansion.
Sportz Gza
VeeJay24
Starter

Post#413 » by VeeJay24 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:11 pm

ICMTM wrote:Right of First Offer was discussed in the beginning but I feel the NBA said hey lets get to the bottom of this before we start making decisions. I truly believe the NBA DOES NOT want this to come to a vote. I feel the NBA wants to settle this without a vote so that the league avoids suit for starters. Removing a team from a market that is cooperating is a PR nightmare. The Sacramento groups has just done too much. We don't meet the requirement for relocation. I think this is why the relocation vote is before the sale.

The NBA does not want to tell the Seattle Group it cannot buy the team. I don't think the league has that authority and to pretend it does would cause lawsuits. I think that is why the league has only been discussing the relocation of the team and not the sale of the team. We're not stupid however as they both are one in the same in this instance. Yes monies binding agreements etc are questions asked by reporters and answered by Stern but what I read are arena timelines, markets (to include India), fans, business partners, etc. I don't hear the NBA talking about ownership groups, minority interests, the Maloofs, etc. If the NBA can build its case solely on relocation than it can say it was impartial in the process.

We can all agree the relocation of this team is stupid!

The Maloofs however are business men. I don't think they thought of pitting Sacramento against Seattle, but I think they knew the Kings are their last remaining asset of value. All of their previous moves had been predicated on Kings profits but no real monetary liability on their end. Virginia Beach was the last effort they could find with regards to getting a free arena. When that didn't happen the writing was on the wall for them.

The Maloofs sold because as we all know...they are cash strapped! When your halftime entertainment is Zumba dancers from CalFit (who probably paid their way in to participate either at the sponsorship level or the personal level) it screams you are broke. When your concession offerings are worse than a mobile food truck it screams you are broke. When you have Loan Mart as a sponsor in Sleep Train...you are broke.

The Maloofs had to take the deal. The Seattle Group preyed on the Maloofs. Unfortunately the Maloofs had to admit they were selling before Sacramento could get into the discussion.

Agree with everything you said; Stern is a very smart man but still I think the Maloofs took advantage of Hansen and the city of Seattle especially with the right to match which I think the NBA and the Sacramento group is holding in their back pocket just in case.
Sportz Gza
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant

Post#414 » by ADoaN17 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 am

We might finally find out the fate of the Kings today. I'm still confident but nervous.
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant

Post#415 » by ADoaN17 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 pm

SACRAMENTO!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#416 » by The Rebel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Congratulations on the vote today guys, I know you love your team and would hate to see you guys lose them, this is a nice step in the right direction.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#417 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm

CONGRATS GUYS!!!! When my city lost our hockey team back in '96, it was devastating. I'm glad that you guys don't have to experience that.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#418 » by boogie-reke » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 pm

HERE WE STAYED

HERE WE STAYED

HERE WE STAYED

FK THE MALOOFS! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WE DID IT GUYS! I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GOOD GUYS WON

boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#419 » by boogie-reke » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS

RETIRE KJ'S NUMBER!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant