Oh God no. Sold to Seattle owners?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: Oh God no. Sold to Seattle owners? 

Post#421 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Wed May 1, 2013 8:31 am

Note this was said tonight

NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver tonight on preliminary decision to deny relocation of Kings to Seattle:

"I think some people are surprised at the preliminary decision the relocation committee has made because they say well but look at Seattle. There are more corporate headquarters, There's more TV households, there's the potential to generate more revenue there. Shouldn't you move a franchise to the market where there is more revenue? And, I, our response is not necessarily, that if you look at total value over time and brand building and community support that continuity is important."

NBA Commish David Stern also called Steve Ballmer a "Perfect Prototype for an NBA Owner", but said Sacramento came through with a plan and investors and that's why the committee made the recommendation they did.

The comments were made on the Charlie Rose show, which airs on PBS.

Notice how Hasen isn't mentioned ? He should have never went full Maloof last night with that statement.
Lamak wrote:His playstyle is very similar to Derrick Rose, but asian.
YC42Balla
Rookie
And1: 62

Post#422 » by YC42Balla » Wed May 1, 2013 8:05 pm

^^ :lol: "Full Maloof," haha! I like that derogatory terminology, very fitting!
SAC-RA-MEN-TO #HEREWESTAYED
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#423 » by boogie-reke » Thu May 2, 2013 6:52 am

"Glad" to see with the news breaking that Hansen is thinking about playing the team in Sacramento and "pulling a Bennett" to Seattle that the truth finally comes out.

We finally get to see Hansen for the thieving hypocrite maloof that he is.

Interestingly enough, the vast majority of the Sonics fans(On twitter and Sonics Rising) I've seen talking about this possibility is rabidly supporting it and hoping to do everything Bennett did to them and then some and apply it to us, aslong as the outcome is them stealing our team from beneath our fingers.

I've seen and talked to alot of classy Sonics fans, and I know or atleast like to believe the majority of them see how wrong this is and that they wouldn't support it - but boy some of those classless pathetic fans they have over the internet and especially the whole of Sonics-Rising are really giving a bad name to Sonics fans in general and making it extremely hard not to hope they never get a team.

While I hope Seattle does get a team for those classy fans I did witness - I hope Hansen fails miserably in everything he does and will never be allowed to witness an NBA BOG meeting other then a week from now when he hopefully gets rejected for the final time and sent hope packing.
AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst

Post#424 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Thu May 2, 2013 9:42 am

Karma my friend. Seattle gave up on the Sonic's years ago. They will never get a team back. Btw I don't know if this has been posted or not

http://sportspressnw.com/2150714/2013/t ... re-welcome

The NBA, whose acronym for a long time has been known as “Nothing But Attorneys” by the jaded media pack that covers the league, is hip to the claim. That’s part of why the vote to deny relocation Monday was 7-0 and not 12-0, because the five owners on the finance committee could be cited for conflict if they participated in the relocation vote.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#425 » by boogie-reke » Thu May 2, 2013 10:01 am

It's not karma bro, their fans got their team stolen, and had malicious owners(once Bennett took charge) who dealt with the city in a Maloof-like manner with only moving the team on their mind making it impossible for it to stay.
They never deserved their team taken from team.

They should be the first to scream against anyone doing something similar to them. It's just mind boggling that for guys who suffered first hand from this, and said for years how this is not right, crucifying those who did it and knowing how badly it feels when it happened - they turn into the evil guys themselves and hoping they are able to do this to someone else.

I don't include them all, cause there are exceptions and I command those people - but really the vast majority I've seen are like rabidly supporting this and hoping it happens.

I just don't get it. It's like 1 guy steals their wallet, and after they spend years crying about how unfair, unmoral, unhuman, evil it is to steal someone else's wallet - they go and steal the wallet of the next random guy they see, and justify it by saying "well I got my wallet stolen too! tough break!".
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#426 » by boogie-reke » Thu May 2, 2013 10:06 am

It will be karma once we keep our team and make those who sold themselves to the devil supporting and becoming Bennett/Maloof to remain without an NBA team after all this mess, though.
AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst

Post#427 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Thu May 2, 2013 10:08 am

boogie-reke wrote:It's not karma bro, their fans got their team stolen, and had malicious owners(once Bennett took charge) who dealt with the city in a Maloof-like manner with only moving the team on their mind making it impossible for it to stay.
They never deserved their team taken from team.

They should be the first to scream against anyone doing something similar to them. It's just mind boggling that for guys who suffered first hand from this, and said for years how this is not right - they turn into the evil guys themselves and hoping they are able to do this to someone else.

I don't include them all, cause there are exceptions and I command those people - but really the vast majority I've seen are like rabidly supporting this and hoping it happens.

I just don't get it. It's like 1 guy steals their wallet, and after they spend years crying about how unfair, unmoral, unhuman, evil it is to steal someone else's wallet - they go and steal the wallet of the next random guy they see, and justify it by saying "well I got my wallet stolen too! tough break!".

The karma part is resorting to the Clay Bennet tactics. That will ensure they never get a team.

I understand they are butt hurt, but if they even tried to do 1/10 of what KJ and get the political support from the people THEY VOTED FOR, they would have been able to save the Sonics. I love how Balmer didn't want to buy the team but offered to help renovate Key Arena. Lesson learned don't **** up your chance and pick baseball and football over basketball or you will be black balled by the league.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,498

Post#428 » by pillwenney » Thu May 2, 2013 5:03 pm

Dude, you're being ridiculous. Those fans didn't give up years ago. Their only mistake was being able to elect someone as awesome as KJ. Their government failed them, but to try to lay that on the fans is absurd and it's immature.

And don't talk about karma. If we had lost, we'd be doing everything they'd be doing. If we had our team taken away we would resort to any tactics to try to get one back. Acting all high and mighty about that is just silly.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#429 » by ICMTM » Thu May 2, 2013 8:06 pm

I will be done with the NBA if the Kings move! Being that Baseball and the NFL season are on nearly complete opposite schedules the EPL would have filled in for me. I love the Kings, but if after doing everything the city did to retain this team I could not support their product anymore if they felt this town was not deserving.

Make no mistake about this though. There are Seattle fans en mass that feel they were wronged in this process which is further from the truth! There are people in San Francisco posting bad crap about Seattle's May Day Parade. People in Seattle posting crap about Sacramento's small business climate. This has turned into Seattle vs Sacramento and it's wrong. This has for me ALWAYS been about the city of Sacramento doing what it has needed to do.

I was listening to Victory and this line by P. Diddy "you ain't gotta like me. You're just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be" is my new mantra on these boards. We never had to prove our offer was better than Seattle. We never had to prove we had a better ownership than Seattle. We just needed to prove who we are because the Maloofs tried to put our city in a bad light. We did that...hands down! The world want to hear what it might be like in Seattle, but the NBA already knows it's good in Sacramento. ESPN 710 had a good article up:

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2264433/King ... tay?page=3

Danny O'Neil wrote:Seattle doesn't deserve another city's franchise just because of the way its former franchise was wrangled into Oklahoma, and Seattle doesn't deserve another city's franchise because its prospective ownership group has more money or because of the size of its TV market.

It's not about you, Seattle.

The league's relocation committee didn't screw Seattle by recommending against the move; it declined to screw Sacramento, and there is an important difference.

Seattle and its fans have every right to feel used in this process. They were the leverage used to spur Sacramento's urgency to put a deal together. It's OK for Seattle to be resentful, even, that commissioner David Stern was an advocate for Sacramento in a way that he never was for Seattle after Clay Bennett purchased the team from Howard Schultz.

But Seattle was not wronged in this situation. It wasn't victimized, and as admirable and steadfast as Chris Hansen has been in navigating both the political and economic obstacles – first in developing an arena plan and then negotiating a deal to buy the Kings from the Maloofs – it will be very interesting to see what he does next.
KANGZZZZZ!
Inigo_Montoya
Pro Prospect
And1: 42

Post#430 » by Inigo_Montoya » Fri May 3, 2013 4:51 pm

ICMTM wrote:I will be done with the NBA if the Kings move! Being that Baseball and the NFL season are on nearly complete opposite schedules the EPL would have filled in for me. I love the Kings, but if after doing everything the city did to retain this team I could not support their product anymore if they felt this town was not deserving.

Make no mistake about this though. There are Seattle fans en mass that feel they were wronged in this process which is further from the truth! There are people in San Francisco posting bad crap about Seattle's May Day Parade. People in Seattle posting crap about Sacramento's small business climate. This has turned into Seattle vs Sacramento and it's wrong. This has for me ALWAYS been about the city of Sacramento doing what it has needed to do.

I was listening to Victory and this line by P. Diddy "you ain't gotta like me. You're just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be" is my new mantra on these boards. We never had to prove our offer was better than Seattle. We never had to prove we had a better ownership than Seattle. We just needed to prove who we are because the Maloofs tried to put our city in a bad light. We did that...hands down! The world want to hear what it might be like in Seattle, but the NBA already knows it's good in Sacramento. ESPN 710 had a good article up:

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2264433/King ... tay?page=3

Speaking of EPL did you see this? http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/539277 ... am-to.html

Should be pretty cool.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#431 » by ICMTM » Fri May 3, 2013 5:09 pm

yeah I did! I am interested in the pro team next year. I sincerely hope they play @ Hughes Stadium. There is going to be a connection between the USL Pro league and the MLS going forward, too. I don't know/think they will adopt the relegation model of the EPL but there is talk that the USL cities are being used as test markets for possible new MLS cities.
KANGZZZZZ!
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#432 » by bibby1023 » Fri May 3, 2013 5:42 pm

Norwich is terrible, but I'm still going to have to check it out. I went back packing through Europe during the last world cup and it was the greatest experience and really got me interested in European soccer. The sport is growing in the US, and I think this is a great opportunity for fans of the game to check it out.

Return to Sacramento Kings