ImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Mastrov

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 130

Re: Mark Mastrov 

Post#21 » by SacTown Kings » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 am

Also, even though the Maloofs have the right to sell to whoever they want, it seems like the NBA has the right to protect the best interest of the league. Unfortunately, right now the best interest would be to get rid of the Maloofs and the NBA might get lazy and figure the best way to get rid of them is to just let them sellout to Seattle. If the NBA steps in to prevent a sell to Seattleon the basis that Sacramento puts together a viable deal, it wouldn't suprise me to see the Maloofs do a 180 and say we changed our minds we aren't selling. Then the NBA is stuck with having to deal with these clowns.
kevin44
Senior
And1: 8

Post#22 » by kevin44 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:55 pm

David Aldridge makes some good points. Either this deal goes through or the Maloofs are stuck here another year. Sac fans should start working on getting an expansion team before Stern calls it quits.
mccaffertyd
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#23 » by mccaffertyd » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Oh **** yeah, whats up bitches?! KJ granted an opportunity to present our case in front of the NBA Board of Govenera, also he said the Maloofs can be involved to some extent and thats HUGE because Seattle doesnt want themanywhere close to the team. But we got it in the bag! Here we Stay!
VeeJay24
Starter
And1: 11

Post#24 » by VeeJay24 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm

mccaffertyd wrote:Oh **** yeah, whats up bitches?! KJ granted an opportunity to present our case in front of the NBA Board of Govenera, also he said the Maloofs can be involved to some extent and thats HUGE because Seattle doesnt want themanywhere close to the team. But we got it in the bag! Here we Stay!

Where did you get this; do you have a link?
Sportz Gza
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#25 » by Wolfay » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 pm

VeeJay24 wrote:
mccaffertyd wrote:Oh **** yeah, whats up bitches?! KJ granted an opportunity to present our case in front of the NBA Board of Govenera, also he said the Maloofs can be involved to some extent and thats HUGE because Seattle doesnt want themanywhere close to the team. But we got it in the bag! Here we Stay!

Where did you get this; do you have a link?

Aaron Bruski's twitter.

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski
KJ says that Stern will allow Sacramento to present at the BOG meeting

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski
Current owners can participate in any deal if they want to

https://twitter.com/aaronbruski
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Wolfay » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Mayor Kevin Johnson himself said it when he addressed the media at the State of Downtown Breakfast. Bruski's tweets were just summarizing what he said.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/1/15 ... a-board-of
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Wolfay » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 pm

The Bee is reporting it now too.

With a Seattle group working to acquire the Kings, Mayor Kevin Johnson said this morning that he has received approval from NBA Commissioner David Stern to present a counter offer for the Kings directly to the NBA's board of governors.

The mayor said the Maloof family, who own the Kings, "can participate in some way" in the new local ownership group "if they want to remain a part of this team and this community."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/city-beat/2013/ ... rylink=cpy
VeeJay24
Starter

Post#28 » by VeeJay24 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Wolfay wrote:The Bee is reporting it now too.

With a Seattle group working to acquire the Kings, Mayor Kevin Johnson said this morning that he has received approval from NBA Commissioner David Stern to present a counter offer for the Kings directly to the NBA's board of governors.

The mayor said the Maloof family, who own the Kings, "can participate in some way" in the new local ownership group "if they want to remain a part of this team and this community."

I don't know about keeping the Maloofs in the loop? I think the NBA may want to be done with those clowns; is it smart to keep them in the loop?
Sportz Gza
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,431

Post#29 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:51 pm

A very smart move on his part to allow the Maloofs to be included. I just hope Seattle doesn't then concede on that point.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:57 pm

VeeJay24 wrote:
Wolfay wrote:The Bee is reporting it now too.

I don't know about keeping the Maloofs in the loop? I think the NBA may want to be done with those clowns; is it smart to keep them in the loop?

I don't know that they'd have any power, really, but I guess this is a valid point. I think the important thing here is to show flexibility.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Wolfay » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm

VeeJay24 wrote:I don't know about keeping the Maloofs in the loop? I think the NBA may want to be done with those clowns; is it smart to keep them in the loop?

I agree with pillwenney that it's very smart. Maloof involvement in the team seems to be a deal-breaker in the Seattle negotiations, and if we're willing to concede on that point, that gives us an edge over Seattle and we need every edge we can get. If the Maloofs show good will and end up selling to Sacramento, I can see the town forgiving them (again).

Like pill said, hopefully Seattle doesn't cave on that point. It's hard to say if they would or not.
kevin44
Senior

Post#32 » by kevin44 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 pm

KJ wants to include a new arena in the deal to keep the Kings. He is going to argue the price is too high. He is running out of time. The Seattle group has been planning this for a while. They have the money & arena ready to go. Sac doesn't have a plan for new owners or an arena. It will be a tough sell.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 pm

kevin44 wrote:KJ wants to include a new arena in the deal to keep the Kings. He is going to argue the price is too high. He is running out of time. The Seattle group has been planning this for a while. They have the money & arena ready to go. Sac doesn't have a plan for new owners or an arena. It will be a tough sell.

What? Yes we do. Am I wrong, or didn't KJ say a new ownership group could immediately take the proposed arena deal that the Maloofs rejected? That is the plan, and just about everybody but the Maloofs said it was a damn good one.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#34 » by NekiEcko » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I am glad that they are getting all of these chances but there is one question that I like to throw out

Where was all the help when Seattle need it five years ago, dont get me wrong yall Kings fans is fighting hard for your team and your councilman and KJ is on a unified front to keep this team but this might put alot of salt of the wounds of Seattle fans that want the same thing five years ago. Expansion isnt happen at all, heck they might need to take two teams away, so this could be the swan song for NBA in Seattle if this happens. Its a cry shame.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 pm

A) From everything I've heard, Seattle's government wasn't nearly as compliant as Sacramento's became and continues to be with this stuff.

B) This wouldn't be Seattle's swan song. Expansion will eventually happen and when it does, our teams will be the first on the list to get a team. That might take a while. More likely is another team moving.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#36 » by NekiEcko » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

pillwenney wrote:A) From everything I've heard, Seattle's government wasn't nearly as compliant as Sacramento's became and continues to be with this stuff.

B) This wouldn't be Seattle's swan song. Expansion will eventually happen and when it does, our teams will be the first on the list to get a team. That might take a while. More likely is another team moving.

Maybe but that arena deal does have a time limit to it besides without a basketball team then a hockey team wont come then it will never be built. The only other team right now is close to moving is the Bucks and that it.
kevin44
Senior

Post#37 » by kevin44 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 pm

pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by pillwenney » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 am

NekiEcko wrote:
pillwenney wrote:A) From everything I've heard, Seattle's government wasn't nearly as compliant as Sacramento's became and continues to be with this stuff.

Maybe but that arena deal does have a time limit to it besides without a basketball team then a hockey team wont come then it will never be built. The only other team right now is close to moving is the Bucks and that it.

That time limit is nowhere near expiration though. It would apply to anybody that bought the Kings right now.
VeeJay24
Starter

Post#39 » by VeeJay24 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:18 pm

NekiEcko wrote:I am glad that they are getting all of these chances but there is one question that I like to throw out

Where was all the help when Seattle need it five years ago, dont get me wrong yall Kings fans is fighting hard for your team and your councilman and KJ is on a unified front to keep this team but this might put alot of salt of the wounds of Seattle fans that want the same thing five years ago. Expansion isnt happen at all, heck they might need to take two teams away, so this could be the swan song for NBA in Seattle if this happens. Its a cry shame.

Seattle didn't help themselves; your politicians totally shunned using any public money for a Supersonics Arena even after building new homes for the Mariners & Seahawks. I live in DC & that is the reason why the Redskins don't play in DC; our politicians blew it but they didn't with the Wizards. That's the problem with this situation; the people & the politicians in Sacramento have done their part and it's like the NBA is punishing them for having bad owners. I understand Seattle's plight and I think it was bad when they moved and it's bad for them not to have a team now but this is absolutely not the way to do it. Stern and the owners know what the issue is in Sacramento; they know what Sacramento could mean to the league, they also know that Memphis & Milwaukee are teams with possible relocation in there future. The NBA wants to be in Seattle so basketball will come back there but this isn't the way to do it. The NFL has the same issue with LA but they will not move a team there unless it is absolutely unavoidable; here it is avoidable.
Sportz Gza
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#40 » by eagereyez » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 pm

The city of Seattle was still paying for two new stadiums for the Mariners and Seahawks at the time Bennett demanded a new one for the Sonics. It was ridiculous to expect the city to cover most of the costs for a new arena during a recession, while still paying off two other arenas. You can't ask us to throw the entire city into even greater debt when our public utilities needed revamping as well. Seattle is a very sensible and environmentally conscious place. The only way a new arena would be approved at this time in Seattle is if a group fronted most of the costs, which is what Hansens group has promised. We have enough billionaires in Washington that finding someone to do this shouldn't have been difficult, going back to 2008. It wouldn't have been hard for Bennett to find other investors to help him meet the costs for a new arena, but he had every intention to move the Sonics to OKC and never gave anyone else a chance. David Stern seemed to be compliant in that as well. As much as I loved our Sonics my hate for the NBA is almost equivalent in scale. If the Kings didn't come to Seattle I wouldn't be sad for a second because **** David Stern and Clay Bennett, it should be Durant and Westbrook leading the Sonics to the NBA finals, not the Thunder.

Return to Sacramento Kings